Upcoming Disney Movie Discussion

I heard about that! I guess Disney was doing something to make the community feel better. I’m glad they put these movies in theaters.

1 Like

Disney posted their short to celebrate 100 year Once Upon a Studio on YouTube

3 Likes

I heard Once Upon a Studio didn’t get nominated for an Oscar and Wish didn’t get nominated for best animated film

2 Likes

Yep, saw the Official nominees on Wikipedia, and the only Disney movie to be nominated is Elemental, and that’s pretty much it. :confused:

1 Like

Yeah like come on Disney worked hard on putting both of these masterpieces together they can’t just turn down a movie and short that was part of Disney’s 100th anniversary

1 Like

Disney just announced that their next animated movie is Moana 2

1 Like

Wow, a TV series, a live action remake, and now a sequel.

Moana is going to be pretty busy.

There’s no way the sequel will cause Disney to go rock bottom unlike Warner Bros Discovery but the live action movie I have to agree on that and I don’t know about the show

Also Zootopia 2 will hit the big screen next year and Toy Story 5 and Frozen 3 are gonna be on the big screen in 2026

Actually I think this might not be true. The sequel actually is the series: they decided it was coming along so well they would turn it into a theatrical release instead as a sequel. Which explains the surprise reveal.

6 Likes

First Elio gets delayed to 2025, then we see the trailer for Inside Out 2, now the 3 Pixar movies that didn’t play in that theaters and went to Disney because of Covid plays in the theaters, then we hear that Moana 2 is the next animated movie and Zootopia 2 comes out next year and Toy Story 5 and Frozen 3 comes out 2026

Tbh I didn’t know they were the same at all. Whoops! My mistake lol.

1 Like

Live actions (In my opinion) always seem to be worse then the animated version but yeah the live action might be bad when it comes out but who knows? We’ll just have to wait and see.

I have to agree with that

1 Like

Wait, does that mean they will release a series compilation as a movie, like they did in the 2000s? I don’t think this strategy might work now.

Have to be fair, I do not know who even asks for these. I remember that insane advertising and even more insane box office of remakes in 2019, but since the Lion King…was there ever a success? I mean, the Little Mermaid remake seemed to fail. The Little Mermaid, one of Disney’s most iconic works which started a new era - and yet the result isn’t shiny.

1 Like

It’s ok, I also just found out now. They didn’t really make that obvious in the announcement.

Yeah I can’t see them doing that. I’m sure they changed the format for theatrical release.

1 Like

And what’s even better besides these sequels, I heard Disney’s gonna be in Fortnite and every content that Disney owns will be in it I kinda fell like Disney’s trying to stay on top of everything, I know Pixar is the number 1 animation studios but I think they’re putting a lot of their power on some things that are unexpected

“Better” is subjective.

This is gonna be so strange, with Disney’s recent track record (looking at you Wish), this might or might not be amazing.

1 Like

Here’s a first look at Moana 2

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney