Update 3.2 Patch Notes

They look a h e c c of a lot more like Johnny Test than they do DuckTales '89 or Gargoyles or TaleSpin or Darkwing Duck or Goof Troop or Bonkers, etc. etc.

2 Likes

Idk… maybe because people retire, new people joins the team, times are changing, like everything, so of course people will bring their view, newer equipment for their work and more—
Gummi Bears looks different than The Owl House
Pinocchio looks different than Soul.

Where is the problem, nowhere, just in you. All 4 are good.
Just like art, paintings in 1500 looks different from modern paintings.

But whatever… old = good, new = bad, you’re always right… :roll_eyes: we should stay in caves instead of creating more buildings.

9 Likes

New can be good, when it actually looks like a Disney cartoon (DuckTales 2017, The Proud Family, The Owl House) and less like a generic Canadian cartoon (Kim Possible, Phineas & Ferb, Jake Long, Kick Buttowski, Milo Murphy’s Law).

And then there’s cartoons that look like Cartoon Network shows (Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Amphibia, Wander Over Yonder), which also doesn’t feel like Disney at all, but also doesn’t give me no-budget, slapped-together YTV vibes.

3 Likes

As I adult I need to say this. Stop being rude!

I like your concepts but as a person I don’t like.

You think that you are better than everyone else you are not the king of the forums.

7 Likes

Star vs the forces of evil was gonna be on Cartoon Network but no

Probably would’ve been the better move. Cartoon Network routinely gets way more viewers than the Disney Channel does, so airing on Cartoon Network would’ve given it a much larger audience.

Gravity Falls, too. I mean, if Disney is gonna give you the cold shoulder and never include you in their canon, why go to their channel over Cartoon Network?

This… Doesn’t make sense.
Luca has a different art style than Brave, does that make it “not a Pixar movie”? Disney is Disney. KP is Disney, and it brought a new style.

6 Likes

Gravity falls has the same animation as regular show and ends up on Disney channel

Try telling that to PerBlue, or to Disney. I also like how you make an exception for a show that has much more in common with the DCAU (particularly the first season of Batman: The Animated Series) than with anything from Disney up to that time.

Anyway, I’m perfectly happy with Disney feature films that cover a wide range of art styles, from Snow White to Fantasia to Alice in Wonderland to Sleeping Beauty to One Hundred and One Dalmatians to The Rescuers to The Little Mermaid to Lilo and Stitch, so I don’t have any problems with their TV series displaying a range of art styles, either. Even though it means accepting Pickle & Peanut as a legit Disney show. (Seriously, who greenlit that trainwreck?)

2 Likes

Good pep talk! Nice work

Yeah, I’ve always wondered why she and Kim both seem to have only one lip each.

(They were commenting on her design in the game compared to the one in the show, not her design in the show.)

Yeah, many people refer to Gargoyles as Disney’s answer to Batman: The Animated Series and they were both 1994 shows. Even the caping of their wings and gliding was similar to Batman. Gargoyles also had a darker tone to it than most Disney shows such as Gummi Bears, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck and Bonkers which were all action comedies while Gargoyles was an action drama series like Batman. But this was definitely a Disney show with some episodes produced by Walt Disney Television Animation Japan.

Gargoyles seems closer to TMNT, while DW to Batman.

Well, actually… I hope it really means my current crates can drop newly added Shego and Demona (to crates).

TMNT, especially 80s TMNT, is an action-comedy. Gargoyles leans hard into action-drama, emphasis on drama.

Darkwing Duck isn’t analogous to Batman as much as he is a spoof of Batman.

3 Likes

I think Doof and Drakken are more likely to become a friend.

4 Likes
  • Fixed an issue where the music would stop playing on the main screen
    At last. It has been like this since January or something.
    Shego from Disney’s Kim Possible
    Very nice.
    Use Hero Search on the “Choose Your Heroes!” screens to quickly update your lineup
    Thats’s interesting. Got to give that a try if i need to update my hero line-up.

Could you please provide more information as to how friendship disks are filtered as well?
For example Li Shang (Mulan disk) silences enemies - will this be filtered as the correct disk automatically when filtering for silence enemies? Or is it only for normal skills? TIA

I am expecting the addition of Monkey Fist at some point, as he is Ron’s nemesis (despite his protests to the contrary).

With Kim, Ron, Shego and Drakken, Monkey Fist would make the fifth member to qualify this group for a collection.
PerBlue have stated a collection will only be a minimum of 5 from this point forward.

There are still some villians remaining though, Duff Killagan, the Seniors (father and son), Professor Dementor, maybe DNAmy.
It is highly unlikely they’ll add more hero characters, but Monique, Zita, Yori and Felix are the ones who featured the most as recurring characters.

There isn’t a hide option in the filters is there?
I wanted this feature to reduce the size of my visible collection, as there are many playable characters I am intentionally not using and would like them removed from the list visually, so I can focus on the ones I do use without having to scroll pass or look at the irrevalent ones.

Wade…? :desktop_computer:
You didn’t mention him at all.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney