Update 3.4 Known Issues

This is the one that completely discombulated me:

Vanellope is 12 and purposefully designed to be ChibiDiminuitive.
Lilo is 7.
Stitch and Angel were also specifically made to be small in stature, Jumba stated he did this on porpoise.

So it looks really wierd that they’re as tall as Ariel, who is 16 years old and sitting on a rock.

Here is a size edit test I did earlier:

Thoughts on this size?

Well, I said that the faces should be roughly similar amongst the near-adult princesses. If you notice, the size of Vanellope´s and Lilo´s head are similar.

This is correct @Loutre. The body and head matches all the other characters imo.

Maybe a tiiiiiiiiiiny little smaller @Kira.

And then you stand Ariel next to Quorra (who is supposed to be a normal-sized woman, maybe only slightly taller than a teenager), and it’s complete madness.

she has… heels

Heels make you a couple inches taller. Not a couple FEET.

That is what I hoping they implement ingame.
While it’s hard to tell since Ariel is not a standard humanoid, her head and torso should be the same size as other Princesses or other adult women.

Well, Honey Lemon and Sally might not count, since they’re very tall by human standards.

So like this more so?

Before:

Afterwards:

Her head is the same size as the other princesses. Again, as I have said we are looking into making fixes on scaling across the game.

2 Likes

I agree to disagree.

3 Likes

Well, this looks like Gadget needs a lot of scale fixing!
It’s really wacky that she starts out small and embiggens shortly after arrival.

Uh I kinda have to say I don´t like Gadget´s design that much.

It is kind of, say, emphasized.

Should we have a thread dedicated to scaling issues that players have noticed, rather than adding dozens of comments to a Known Issues post that’s going to be locked and forgotten in a couple of weeks?

4 Likes

She is fine in smaller version.

As Chip & Dale also are in that show, and they are part of Mickey & Friends, so they all need be in right size next to… Donald.

And if Gadget would be that big… how big would be Fat Cat or Nimbul…

But does that mean Basil is overscaled?
The reason I chose him is because he was the only other playable mouse in the game.
So either Basil is too big or Gadget is too small.

But the real point to the report was that Gadget is glitched, she starts out tiny, then her graphics corrupt while she scales up.

Basil is stand alone character.
His IP has other rules.

So no.

Um… I know they’re not exactly close to their real-life animal counterparts already, but… Mickey and Minnie? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

My vote goes to “Basil is too big”, personally; but it’s also something that doesn’t bother me in the least.

Gadget being excessively tiny on the selection screen and then “glitching” to a more-visible size once the battle starts is a definite issue, though. Not an important one, IMHO, but one that’s probably easy to correct.

So, again, I ask: would it be possible to have a separate thread for hero scaling issues, one that can continue to host discussion after this thread is locked in a few days?

2 Likes

That’s her entry animation…

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney