Update 5.4 Patch Notes

I’m kinda disappointed that there was not as much refreshed characters as season 10 but the update is awesome

1 Like

Rose? NO WAY!

Okay, this looks interesting. I don’t actually know Rose since I’ve never watched the show before, but it’s cool that a new hero is added anyway (though I hope she doesn’t get stupidly overpowered like Pegasus). It’s interesting that you’re doing patch notes a little early since I read on Mail that you’re doing Q&A tomorrow, that’s cool.:+1:

What I’m most excited about is the patch trials. Oh my goodness!!!:star_struck: This is quite possibly the most exciting patch trials I’ve seen for quite awhile! I’m especially glad that The Incredibles finally got something to do with it! Same here goes to Beauty & the Beast, Tangled, and the rest! Plus some my strongest heroes from a few franchises have already been over Red +10. Now this is something worth hyped for!:+1:

The rest looks like it’ll be something fun. And overall this looks a promising one, and September is about to start (plus D23 is around the corner) and Happy early Labor Fay! :us:

2 Likes

Extremely disappointed Maximus, gothel, dash, violet, underminer, voyd, mr inc, pacha, kronk, Gaston, cogsworth, frozone all missed out on refreshes.
Out of the ones I listed frozone, violet, Gaston, Maximus, underminer desperately needed a refresh and truly disappointed they didn’t get one @Samm any chance team can reconsider and maybe squeeze in a. Few more

7 Likes

Very nice can’t wait! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

He was just released…

3 Likes

Cogsworth and Gothel don’t need buffs, especially since they can now get good secondary stats… but a few more would have been nice

1 Like

I agree with you

1 Like

Gothel should get buff.
And on her only secondary stats which work are tenacity and evasion.

2 Likes

I am happy they buffed Sally and flynn rider they were both trash I think Sally would be annoying though because of her drain

fab… ANOTHER new hero that’s completely nothing to do with CLASSIC Disney…

also, i’ve said this on other threads but I’ma say it here too bc more chance of the correct pekole (@Samm) seeing it

with over 200 heroes now in game, it is definitely harder to keep track of the heroes we favour/use over the ones we don’t. It would be great to introduce a ‘favourite’ system, where we could favourite certain heroes by clicking on a star or another shape in the top right hand corner of the hero’ picture and have the ‘favourites’ option in the drop down tag amongst ‘rank’ ‘level’ etc, thus making it far easier to sort through the heroes we actually use and want to upgrade. War teams are most important to a lot of people, and a lot of players favourite/prioritise upgrading those heroes first, so to be able to separate them from the other heroes to see what needs upgrading on them would be highly beneficial to everyone.

Furthermore, having a ‘red skill’ option in the same drop down menu would be great too. With so many heroes, again, it’s hard to remember who’s red skill is maxed and who’s isn’t, so be able to sort them like we can sort ‘rank’ and ‘level’ etc would make it a lot easier to see who’s red skill needs upgrading and who’s is maxed.

7 Likes

A few thoughts:

Does this mean the release pattern is changing? Bowler Hat Guy’s Proze Wall ends on the 7th. Instead of their being a week before the next prize wall we’re immediately getting a new one the same day? Don’t get wrong if this is correct that is 100% a good thing.

YES! It’s been too long since we got a new status.

Isn’t that 19 new characters? 9 from The Incredibles. Belle, Rapunzel and Snow White are already patchable because of the Princess category being in the patch pool. So 3 new Beauty and the Beast patchable characters. 1 new Snow White patchable character. 3 more from Tangled. and 3 more from The Emperor’s New Groove. That’s 19 new characters.

Cool, Cool. Always happy to be surprised when I open the Patch Notes and this was definitely a surprise.

5 Likes

you mean Elastagirl? :joy:

3 Likes

2 months…? Since Negaduck.

We got this year so far 4 new effects types.

5 Likes

Oops.

Oh well. I’ve slept since then.

1 Like

aside from a few obvious refresh omissions…

Guild Perk levels, excellent, long overdue :+1:

Various other minor improvements sound good.

Emerald Changes…

Ok… yes, the way Ambition was implemented was really bad, and needed to be changed.

However what doesn’t sit very well with me is that presumably this feature had been in design & development for a long time and had undergone various rounds of testing & changes already.

And now after like a week of live release, it was so bad that we’re essentially throwing out Ambition and Tiers altogether, which were… the entire basis of Emerald rank??

I’m all for making improvements but isn’t this a bit drastic? Can some time not be spent on a more creative solution that will enhance the gameplay while maintaining balance, rather than just throwing it out altogether after months of work and player anticipation?

All we’re left with now basically seems like 2 bonus hot-swappable, extra strong mod slots. It may be more balanced than the current solution, but is it good?

:man_shrugging::exploding_head:

7 Likes

Yeah but cogsworth is still by far the worse prize wall hero ever you never see them

Jack jack and violet so needed a refresh. If I recall jack jack has never been refreshed in 5 years

1 Like

2 characters from American Dragon Jake Long now.

1 Like

OK, she looks… way OP. Like, possibly Pegasus levels OP. Although she might be an effective Negaduck counter… And I’m intrigued by her friendship campaign with Jumba; can any show fans clue me in to what they would have in common, if anything? (For that matter, if you’d like to recommend about 4-6 episodes that would allow me to really know who Jake and Rose are and what their relationship is like, I’d appreciate that too.)

Is this when we’ll see the fourth (and maybe fifth) talents being added?

I have to say that if all we’re getting is those five refreshes from the patchable franchises, it’s rather disappointing considering how many heroes could use buffs, either major or minor (c’mon, it wouldn’t take that much to make Dash a top-tier glass cannon again…). Confirmation on whether we might be getting more refreshes/stat buffs would be nice.

OK, wow, I was not expecting such major changes so soon; I’m slightly concerned about whether this will make Emerald heroes too strong for any non-Emerald heroes to handle, but I’m willing to give it a shot. (I’m definitely in the minority here, possibly a minority of one, but I wouldn’t mind a little give and take when it comes to Emerald promotion and subclass stats. The way things were definitely led to too much take and not enough give for quite a few heroes, though, particularly older heroes.)

Now that’s what I’m talking about. Overall I’m happy with the breadth of perks being increased, but I would like to ask about a few in particular:

While it’s nice to see these expanded, given that it’s just a 3% chance at a double drop, I really think they could be expanded to all the chapters without putting a dent in the badge/stamina economy. At the very least, could we get them through chapter 38, covering the entire city?

Given how far out of whack merc costs have gotten relative to gold earned from districts, is there any chance this could wind up being a significant reduction? Say, up to 40-50% at maximum?

Obviously this will keep most guilds busy for a while (I’m guessing the top couple of guilds will have them all purchased within a week…) but would y’all be willing to consider a few more expansions, and maybe a new perk or two? Heist could use some expansions on the hero speed perks, and an additional perk to increase rewards.

Very nice; now is there any chance the cost to reset could be decreased somewhat, instead of increased with every trial? (That screencap, sadly, indicates not, but I still have to ask…)

That’s very much appreciated; I know others have already mentioned Hercules and Anna, and if I see or read of any others I’ll pass them along.

Overall, this looks like potentially the best update in a long, long time, even given my misgivings over what looks to be another uber-OP hero and despite the low number of refreshes. Thanks for your efforts!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Perblue! I don’t really care much about American Dragon Jake Long as I’ve only watched 1 episode but I’m happy to see you add more Disney TVA characters!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney