Usability issues on 21:9 (Mostly Sony Xperia 2019) phones

This game seems to have an issue with either 4k or 21:9 screens (possibly the combination of the two) that I’ve sent through to support, but apparently there’s little interest in fixing it as it’s been 4 months since I contacted their support about it.

Basically on my Sony Xperia 1 it loads the graphics across most of the screen, but leaves a black band on the right where the android soft buttons appear when you swipe down. This isn’t necessarily a problem, except that the touch controls appear to be relative to the entire screen, not just the rendered part. In addition to this, once you start touching on the black strip, nothing is registered at all.

The upshot of this is that the further right you tap, the more inaccurate the alignment of the touch to the graphics is to the point that the menu on the right is barely usable as there’s only a very tiny strip of a few pixels just before the black bar that register touches against the menu.

Has anyone else experienced this on similar phones? Currently I’m having to use a second phone to play it, but would really like to be able to play it on my new flagship phone!

I’d post a screenshot, but apparently I’m not allowed to.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney