We need to talk perblue

Eh, it’s so easy to toss insults around when you have the right heroes to counter, the assumption that “all you need to do is use this hero” negates the fact that for a normal person, it is very hard to immediately go and max out a hero you need to counter one single hero.

I’m not gonna say one way or another to nerf him, but yeah I do kinda have to wonder why a hero (a tank no less) is able to instantly wipe out entire teams with no help from the team needed whatsoever.

Yeah there are like 2-3 heroes who can prevent it, but then we’ll be once again back to the stale gameplay that is everyone leveling up the same teams and everyone using the same counters. Historically, that’s the way it’s been with the team-wide insta-killers (think Ducky & Bunny, Zeus, etc). Who needs that much power?

So I’d say it’s less about “are they unbeatable” and more about “are we gonna start seeing all people using the same lines again” because we were just starting to get away from that.

And if we get to that point then yeah, I would say a nerf is in order. For now though I’m just gonna wait and see where this goes.

5 Likes

But Baymax is OP no heroes should be able to 1 hit a team even if you can counter him at the start. Not everyone is a try hard in the game and has every single hero maxed like you guys in this thread that is passing off peoples concerns.

I’m seeing people struggle with Baymax lines in war and these players are typically the ones that don’t have all the heroes to hand. We Shouldn’t have to be forced to use 2 certain heroes to block Baymax ridiculous entrance move

3 Likes

Then stop upgrading ‘‘bad heroes’’ and focus on good ones and the counters.

More.

We’re for a long time now.

What a :circus_tent:.

Well, Elsa can deal 20B damage with on her own, with a good set of mods, let’s nerf her!!!11!

Y’all ask for a nerf, then the hero will be nerfed, and another hero will become the top hero, creating a new cycle, and it will be going like ever and forever.

With all these pointless asking because refusing to learn, it leaves other players unsure if it’s safe to upgrade heroes because who knows how PB will react, this backfires and makes players not trust PB even more, and some will just quit.

Only Zeus had no counters at all and needed a nerf, which finally happen, that’s the happy end, nobody needs any nerf anymore.
Upgrade better heroes, learn to counter heroes, and so on… and if so unsure, just ask for help (it’s not like it was told hundreds of times how to counter them) but anyway…

1 Like

Read: everyone use the same heroes.

Once again, wouldn’t have even said anything in the first place, but why jump to insults? I get that it’s easy for some people but not for everyone.

If the quote was taken in context, I didn’t even say he needs a nerf, I’m just saying if he becomes the next Zeus then yeah there is a problem. Why would anyone want that?

Well that’s just the point, Elsa is a great hero, can do great damage, but generally people can counter her more easily and while her white skill potentially can wipe out a whole team, there’s at least time for heroes to set up a counter. She doesn’t need an instakill to be good, why does anyone? I just don’t think it’s a direction that any new hero should go in, I’m just gonna leave it at that.

And it is appreciated! But again not everyone can immediately max out the heroes needed.

4 Likes

What changed suddenly?

Why jumping to shouts to nerf basically everyone around, ruining people’s resources put on such heroes, on someone with counters.

bUt tHen i nEEd tO uPgRAde tHe COUnteRS… and that’s a no-no like you said for whatever reason.

yes, but 2 seconds later is OK? PFFFFFFFFFFF!

Nobody has if you know counters.
And for Baymax, green skill is the only source of damage, then he has only shields, which have A LOOOOOOOT of counters in stupid amounts (so many shields were suicidal for almost 3 years).

No need for that. More sad excuses only.

1 Like

That’s very nice they do struggling, if you can kill all lines easily without working hard then where is the fun?!

You want to win all lines with same heroes everytime?

3 Likes

Again, I’m not saying baymax needs a nerf. In context - I am saying if the data shows that one hero dominates over all others then gameplay gets stale and a team wide kill like that generally leads to that.

It has not yet, I realize there are counters, I’m not attempting to argue that he needs a nerf right now. I’m just speculating where it could go.

It’s hard to sympathize with the comparison when she needs a freeze to deal the biggest damage, and hardy/anti-freeze is extremely prevalent and readily available (yes even start of wave). Much like the anti-shield you mentioned. That’s kind of the point, there’s more options for counters, and if everyone becomes stuck in the same groups of teams because of one hero it’s just bland gameplay.

But again to be super clear — not saying it’s a problem right now, or even that it will be. It’s just a little deja vu.

3 Likes

Ok, I tried to experiment against a team with both Quasimodo & Baymax and I guess in hindsight it was not as bad as I thought lol.

I used T&P who is nowhere near max but still worked so to your credit I might have been a bit premature in my assumption there :sweat_smile: but at the same time I still think a few more counters could keep him better in balance while keeping the gameplay from becoming too stale.

I just really don’t wanna see everyone using the same teams all the time to the point where one hero is basically a requirement to be competitive.

If it helps anyone, here the team I used:

T&P is only Y4, 260 so not a huge investment. The opposing team is also 100M power higher than me and 5 levels up so definitely not impossible to beat.

This team also worked (Cinderella in place of Aurora)

2 Likes

But he doesn’t one hit most teams. He would only one hit damage role heroes with as low health as Nick.

2 Likes

One thing I would say, Quasi and Baymax need the smallest nerfs, so they are easier to defeat (and so people will quit whining). Quasi needs a small health nerf, and Baymax needs a small green skill nerf.

2 Likes

They don’t need any nerfs!

Currently, nobody needs it!

2 Likes

You are being very rude if real concerns are being stated. Why ist that?

2 Likes

That’s not true. He does.

1 Like

Health is OK, no nerf it. :ok_hand:t2:

PurpleSkill’s so annoying. You know what, a little different from Luca, His 2 debuffs automatically cleanse up immediately without Animation. At least add that skill’s cooldown.

2 Likes

Not that I condone anyone being rude, but you sort of answered your own question there. Musketeer obviously doesn’t think the concerns being stated are real; while I wouldn’t go that far, I do think they’re being greatly exaggerated.

It just seems kind of odd to me to complain about a hero being nerfed after absolutely dominating the game for well over a year, due to there being only a couple of partially-effective counters, and then calling for the nerf of a hero within two months of their refresh because of a single start-of-battle attack with 6 or 8 effective counters, several of which have been around and in widespread use for years.

So, how many times did Baymax appear in your surge today?

2 Likes

I have a life, you know? If I’m up for it and can make time, I will make screenshots.

What. I don’t even understand what is happening what do you mean by screenshots?

Top 3 Arena Challenger teams. Which underscores the point @LilRubyKinz was making that a single hero use is now clearly in the making.
This was the initial point being made.

When do you consider it’s safe to say that this is evolving in an unhealthy situation?
3 months from now? 6 months from now?

In Surge it’s either Baymax, Pacha, Meilin, Zeus or Quasimodo.
Surge initially was a game mode where line-ups used to switch from wave to wave, even if the oppenent’s teams where pulled from Arena.
Then it was changed to a static opponent field, still pulled from Arena. Now it was changed that line-ups are completely generic.
Considering that there’s only 2-3 counters realistically speaking to a specific toon available, especially for players, who don’t have the means to make every possible counter available, it’s obviously unhealthy if a completely neglected toon was being made so overwhelming after said “refresh” is a bad situation, because you face said opponent every single wave.
If you continue to “exploit” and hit only one tile repeatedly of course it doesn’t bother you as much.
But this game mode had initially an other purpose. Or do you want to dispute that?

1 Like

This is literally a random division during first week. It means nothing. :joy:

It’s really not.

1 Like

Disregarding the weirdo in first (Finnick, seriously?), I guess this underscores the point that Zeus needs another nerf.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney