What are you afraid of?

I’ve seen a couple of forum posts that had nothing wrong within except the fact they were critiquing perblue and the game… The post didn’t get flagged, the thread didn’t even get locked it was entirely deleted.

So I have a real question for @Polaris; what are you so afraid of?

6 Likes

-_-

I think it is pretty obvious why it is closed. Just like the same reason why people get arrested when protesting against the government

5 Likes

Being pretty obvious, and having confirmation are two different things.

We know why, but I want the absurdity to be acknowledged

Additionally, they aren’t the government, they are a corporation that has to abide by the U.C.C.

And it’s [morally] wrong when the government does it, so it’s repugnant here.

5 Likes

You understand that it is completely possible (in fact it’s probable) that the post was deleted by the person who wrote it?
I myself have deleted a few of my own posts after considering them or if what I posted is no longer relevant. Posts disappearing doesn’t necessarily mean anything sinister. Pretty sure Perblue aren’t some offshoot of a North Korean regime.

7 Likes

I do not think they can delete posts…lock em, archive em, but not delete.

1 Like

Pretty sure it was my thread.

4 Likes

What was the post?

@Filadae_Djaq

You remember the “[unoffical] complaints thread”?

We know why it was deleted, and since it was my thread I can assure, I didn’t delete it.

3 Likes

It was going to be a thread for venting, voicing, and sharing grievances without fear of “off-topic” flagging. While still pertaining to the community’s guidelines

3 Likes

Like@Duke_LOrange. The key word is “like

2 Likes

Well imho when I saw the thread last night, I thought it was pretty unnecessary. We don’t need a special thread for complaints.

4 Likes

You might not, but there are plenty who do.

why shouldn’t there be one?
Why do you think that we don’t need a potentially useful thread?

The inverse, yes it potentially could be a dumpster fire; but it still had to follow the guidelines…

The issue here isn’t whether or not you think we need one…
It’s that it was erased entirely.

3 Likes

The forum guidelines state:

While it is our policy not to delete threads, we reserve the right to edit or unpublish posts and threads which break these rules. Unpublishing a thread means that PerBlue staff can still read it.

I’m sure some people (including the creator) will disagree with me but personally I would say that the “unofficial complaints thread” would definitely break more than one of the forum rules.

3 Likes

Just out of interest, how did you manage to post this thread earlier and yet it says at the top of this thread that it’s your first post?

As the creator, I expressed that the guidelines are still enacted…

Those specific posts could have been dealt with individually…

No one wants to admit that it was because it would incite dissent.

3 Likes

Different servers, different forum accounts

4 Likes

You can say that the guidelines still need to be followed in your thread but the fact is that the thread itself is in contravention of the guidelines. Again, this is open to some interpretation so you and I may read it differently but ultimately it is the prerogative of Perblue to make the final decision on what constitutes a rule break and what doesn’t. Personally I would say that the very nature of your thread breaks this rule:

No personal attacks, or anything intended to insult or belittle another person or group of people. This includes other players, PerBlue employees, and the company.

1 Like

Literally what I started out saying in my thread.
People need to vent, especially when they’re being ignored or worse; dismissed because of a lack in objectivity.

4 Likes

I’m sure your intent was good but it isn’t difficult to suggest that a post set up for the sole intention of complaining about various things could be considered as an attempt to attack or insult perblue.

2 Likes

My other servers are on an instaflag

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney