What effects activate The Manticore’s Purple skill?

I don’t have The Manticore at purple yet, but I was reading through her skills and I don’t quite understand what effects from other characters count as “damage over time” effects. Also does the effect have to be active on the battlefield for the skill to activate, or does a character just have to have it available in their skill set (if that makes any sense)?

Some attacks don’t deal 100% damage instantly, but some % of it each second for several seconds. As an example, Manticore’s blue skill deals damage over time.

1 Like

That makes sense! Do those skills have to be currently active in combat for the purple skill to activate or does the enemy just have to have it in their skill set, even if it’s not currently active?

I’m pretty sure the skill activates only when enemies lose HP over time.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Yes the skill only applies if a toon has a damage over time applied to them. The skill however doesn’t indicate that the DOT must be applied by Manticore so if you pair her with other DOT toons then the skill should activate whenever any toon applies a DOT (this also applies to her mushu disk). Keep in mind a DOT is a debuff and can be blocked by hardy or removed by manticore’s white skill, mushu’s white skill and red skill, or rapunzel’s red skill.

1 Like

If a skill says “x damage per second for x seconds” or “x damage over X seconds”, then it will activate The Manticore’s purple skill.

Heroes that have Damage Over Time effects are:
Basil
Barbossa
Colette
Ducky and Bunny (Only with T&P Disk)
Jack-Jack
Jack Skellington
Pleakly
Kim Possible
Hades
Anger (Only with Hades disk)
Linguini and Remy
Megavolt
Shan Yu (Only with Red Skill)
Wall-E
Yax

1 Like

Don’t forget about
Duke
Sadness
Olaf
And possibly magica (I’m not sure if her white skill is considered a DOT)

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney