What has been happening with topics on the Forums?

So recently the ‘Discobot fun!’ and ‘Forum flag spam predicament’ threads have been closed due to flags which have most definitely been applied out of spite. Due to the FFSP thread being closed there is no longer a place to talk about why flags have occurred or why topics were closed.

Has this been confirmed? Is there a regular who is known to be abusing their power in spite of another user or is there a user who is known to be using multiple accounts to flag posts?

I couldn’t link this comment by @Wave9Nut due to it being flagged but here it is:

This was in reference to the ‘Discobot fun!’ thread. I just want to ask why? @Wave9Nut did you seriously oppose what was put in the Discobot chat? What exactly did you find wrong with them?

The posts that were flagged on Discobot had done nothing wrong. One of my posts on there was flagged but I accidentally deleted it and it wouldn’t let me restore it, in case you wanted to go and see it. I had asked Discobot to roll 1000 dice and this was flagged. I get that it doesn’t roll that many dice however I don’t understand why this was flagged.

If someone is asking Discobot to do something, assuming they have used appropriate language, it should not be flagged.

If you are the person who finds delight in ruining the Forums for others, you know who you are and I hope you are pleased with yourself.

9 Likes

I had at least 17 of my post flagged and I was flagged as inappropriate for asking discobot about mr. Toad

1 Like

My Elimination Game was closed too because of posts which weren’t spam but were flagged as spam.

1 Like

I was flagged as spam and it wasn’t

1 Like

But from the looks of it, it seems they are targeting regulars. We need a real person on the other end of flagging so random post won’t be flagged

1 Like

The Spammers are getting annoyingly clever too. Purposely flagging and spamming in the weekends when Polaris is not available. It’s times like these I wish it was possible for a select few members to achieve a level higher than ‘‘Regular’’ to assist Polaris in moderating the forums. Especially during the weekends.

4 Likes

Yes, exactly. I think when no one is around to moderate the flags they should not be allowed to go through unless many people have flagged the same post.

1 Like

Idk why
many regulars are flagged
also the main target is some people that are online
no one can’t ignore the flags

also someone is wanted to wash up the fourms(like big crash) has got some false flags

3 Likes

There’s one other case where it is justified- if they @ someone. They get a notification every single time you @ them so please don’t do this.

Idk who is flagging, but I know most of the regulars, and of then I know, I don’t think any of them are behind the massive flagging. That included @Wave9Nut.

Yes, but it was already closed when I came through to see what was happening. One in particular was “Discobot will you is taller than me?”. And a massive spam of “Will Kim ever come?”.
I’m not responsible for it being closed, though I think all the flags (That I saw) were deserved.

3 Likes

I was flagged for asking about mr. Toad and that was deserved?

I didn’t see that one. I only looked at some of the most recent ones.

I literally think the forums are falling apart, we need two community manger one for the week (@polaris) and one for the weekends

3 Likes

We need a team of moderators honestly.

5 Likes

So, I guess that’s it’s time that I speak up…
I have 5 flagged posts, but the first 3 I deleted so I can’t talk about those but the recent 2 do not make any sense.

Flagged Post 4

So, this was a recent post from about a week ago, I think but this doesn’t make sense because as you can see in the picture below…

I am thanking discobot for the nice quote. But, that was flagged as spam which makes 0 Sense! It doesn’t make sense because I haven’t said that many times and I am just saying thanks, so why flag a post if someone is saying Thanks???

Flagged Post 5

Now, this flag is concerning for me because I really want regular status, but since I have received 5 flags I guess that means no regular status…But, anyways in the picture my post that was flagged was…

telling people to be patient for the patch notes. The flag was also for spam which is ridiculous because I only made one post about it. This might be some spammers that are mad about their posts being flagged or regulars who are abusing the flag button.

Hopefully @Polaris or Perblue can resolve this issue so there isn’t anymore false flags.

2 Likes

should i add the people that have had these flags to our list of victims on the flagging predicament thread?

2 Likes

Yeah sure.

ok once it opens back up

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney