Which to choose? Add a star or advance a mod?

Hello gurus of Disney Heroes! I’m contemplating between spending my hero chips to level up a mod or saving them to add a star to a character. I’m thinking adding the star would be more beneficial. It would be my 4th star for Sully.

What do you think?

Thanks for your input!!

2 Likes

I would add a star. The canbe better but mods are also good. How many mods or starts are on the hero?

1 Like

It’s a level 3 mod. I only have one.

Mods can give far greater stat boosts than stars ever will, provided you also have the mod power & upgrade materials to upgrade them. That said, stars are finite, so it can be a good idea to get them out the way before worrying about other chip sinks.

If you want an instant win & have the resources, go for the mod.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. :slightly_smiling_face: Advancing the mod it is!

Get all star done first

Always, always, ALWAYS prioritize stars first. Mods are fantastic, but they are meant for heroes with excess chips to spare.

5 Likes

Always boost the mods over the stars, stars are much easier to obtain.

How can Stars be easy to obtain if Mods are using up Hero Chips.

They aren’t, but it’s better to max out stars first before going to mods.

1 Like

Does anyone have numbers to support the “Stars First” or “Mods First” hypotheses? Both have adherents on this thread.

Stars first:

• Affects all stats, not just one
  • Multiplier bonus grows with the hero instead of needing to be advanced
  • Hero is eligible for collection points in certain gamemodes

Mods first:

• Cheaper than adding stars, at least for a little while
  • Mod upgrades are powerful, although you’ll have to wait for the ones you need

Wakkatu can show you the bonus from stars on each hero, however it’s a little iffy and doesn’t show mods.

1 Like

Thanks. Stars it is, in general. I am losing too many Beast on Beast encounters.

1 Like

also - wipes out the chips so it’s way easier to keep track of how many you need, and means you don’t need to make this decision over and over again… once it’s done, it’s done & forgotten about :+1:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney