Writing Results ~ Halloween Contest

Well, it’s about time. You know, when I started this contest, I really stressed the importance of no delays. So I blame the judges.

. . . I’m just kidding, this is my fault :joy:

But on a serious note, I’m very sorry for the huge delay. Schools been taking up a lot of my time the last two weeks, and I haven’t had much time outside of school to get in more work on here. I’ve simply had too much going on. That being said, I may not be as active on the forums as I used to be, but I’m not permanently leaving :heart:

But enough of that. On with the results! We had some fantastic entries, but here are this year’s victorious stories, made by their victorious authors! Judge feedback and credits will be added soon!

Judging the Writing Contest: the marvelous @TherMasterStitch, the wonderful @Champion_David, the talented @KayIa, and the fantastic @Card_Brigade!

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place Finisher, @CommanderStorm! :3rd_place_medal:

:star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:

Judge Discussion

TherMasterStitch: "Good detail and imagery, liked that there were lots of characters not in the game like Oswald and the Hitchhiking Ghosts. Sometimes it wasn’t clear who was speaking in the dialogue, and some parts became a bit slow.

Card_Brigade: Great introduction, you had my attention right away; it was like I really had stumbled onto a party in the middle of its “setting up” stage. The dialogue is definitely a great feature here, in addition to the setting, descriptions, and action. While I wasn’t too keen on Little Miss Fang, I did like how you came up with an original villain for the story, especially with the twist/reimagining of Little Miss Muffet.

Champion David: Love the addition of Oswald, but I have not seen him in many movies, but I still felt like you did not capture his personality correctly. I don’t care for Woody being so demanding, I think that role could have better been played by someone who holds more authority. The whole Halloween party turned Horror was amazing, but I do not like what I saw on google about this spider, and there is no explanation as to how it got in the city or anything.
Lastly notes, the way your conversations are positioned through me off as to who was speaking sometimes. And of course, the ending was a bit cliched. :grin:

:2nd_place_medal: In 2nd Place, @LilRubyKinz!

:1st_place_medal: And Now, Our 1st Place Winner, and claiming the title of Halloween Bookmaster . . . @CowardWhisper8!

Thank you all so much! Boo! :ghost:

2 Likes

Noooooooo! I want @LilRubyKinz to win!
That story was amazing and hilarious!

(I will admit I didn’t read the others as they were soooooooo long, sorry)
3 Likes

Why can’t you put honorable mentions?

Our judges didn’t include Honorable mentions. Sorry.

Good job everyone, even though my story doesn’t make sense

Who were the judges? Will we receive their feedback soon?

1 Like

Probably later tonight. I promise, this time :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much, I had a lot of funny writing my story and I enjoyed everyone else’s as well who participated :grin:

1 Like

Congrats to all the winners!
image https://media.tenor.com/images/eb0fd27e6fffd8784e685e56a8f1253f/tenor.gif

4 Likes

So for-real for-real? :smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

Umm tonight maybe.

Oh god I still need to do these! :joy:

I’m on it, y’all.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney