Ya Know Who Needs An Update: Nick Wilde

Hello everyone, I’m rather bored right now and thought I’d make a list of reasons why Nick Wilde needs a drastic character update.

For this list, I’m showing all his stats, as well the compared characters stats, at their max levels. Top level, all badges fully upgraded, and skills fully upgraded to their max.

Well, here we go.

First, his White Skill: Lemming Rush

Nick summons a business lemming with a pawpsicle who deals 91707 damage to all enemies. Each time Nick uses this ability, an additional lemming is summoned, up to a max of 5. Each extra lemming does 30569 damage to all enemies.

Nick keeps his lemmings between waves of a fight.

Now this skill isn’t too bad per say in its purpose; a strait forward attack that damages everyone (not in the air or dodging) that causes fantastic damage.

The problem is the damage amount itself.

Nick isn’t that strong in terms of armor or HP, so the additional lemmings over time mean nothing when he’s down and out. Also, this type of attack is common amongst other fighters, but way better.

Look at Anger’s White Skill, Boil Over:

Passive: Anger gets a stack of “Rage” every time he damages an enemy with a basic attack. Anger can have a maximum of 5 stacks of “Rage.”

Active: Anger blows his top and consumes his stacks of “Rage”, dealing 304841 damage instantly and 145196 damage per stack of “Rage” over 5 seconds to all enemies.

Kind of a big difference huh? Not only does his attack build up quicker by simply performing basic attacks, but his damage is insane for both the initial amount and the after effects.

My idea to remedy this this:

• Increase the damage
  • Add a buff to the attack (enemies slow for a small period of time, freeze, stun etc)
  • Either make the basic attack the way to earn more lemmings, or have some perk that makes him earn energy way faster.

Next is his Green Skill, Shuriken Pops:

Nick pulls out some stashed pawpsicles and flings three of them at the closest enemies dealing 130316 damage with each hit.

This is probably the most broken attack compared to other characters in the game who do this type of move.

Let’s see The Mad Hatter’s Mad Tea Party:

The Mad Hatter throws tea cups and saucers at three enemies, dealing 240745 to each enemy hit and reducing their armor by 174914 for 8 seconds.

Wow. A massive damage boost and a armor reduction.

Better yet, how about Doctor Facilier’s The Cards Will Tell:

Dr. Facilier throws 3 tarot cards at random enemies, dealing 495368 damage with each card. Each card also decreases the enemy’s attack speed by 75% for 15 seconds, silences them for 14 seconds, or stuns them for 10 seconds.

What the heck?! His is nearly 4 times more damaging than Nick’s, and has insanely good perks to add to it. Oh, and in terms of recharge time, Mad Hatter’s attack takes 12 seconds while Doctor Facilier’s and Nick’s take 10 seconds.

My idea to remedy this:

• Really increase the damage
  • Perhaps add a debuff to weaken the enemies he hits
  • Have the recharge reset when he summons the lemmings

Now for his Blue Skill, Charming Fox:

Nick uses his skills of persuasion to charm the closest enemy to fight on his side for 7 seconds. While charmed, the target’s basic attacks do 13039 bonus damage.

Not much to say for this one. He’s a damage character, so it’s understandable if it isn’t as good as other characters of different roles. My only advice is to increase the bonus damage and maybe add a speed perk.

And last off, his Purple Skill Proper Reinforcements

Nick gains 32599 skill power for every ally left standing, including charmed opponents. He also gains 32599 skill power for every lemming his “Lemming Rush” has accumulated.

Again, if the skill is meant to be good based off how many lemmings he summons, it wouldn’t do any good if he’s down and out before he can benefit from it.

My idea to remedy this:

• Increase the skill power
  • Change the way it increases
  • Make it so that he’ll have a shield at the beginning of combat, its HP increasing with each upgrade.

I’m not going to do the Red Skill seeing as how it looks fine to me.

With that being said, what do you all think of the recommendation?

Any ideas you want to add?

Who do you think should get an update next?

Edit: I see a lot of people saying he’s better when his Red Skill is fully upgraded. And I’m sure he is.

My problem is you shouldn’t have to spend countless amounts of gold while grinding through countless Epic City Watches just to have him on par with the other heroes who are better without a Red Skill.

Heck, if we bring their Red Skills in the mix, then he’s even more pathetic compared to them.

3 Likes

Nick is one of the starters (I think) I don’t think they update the starters

You haven’t considered his red skill. Insane stat buffs, to the point that even one lemming is lethal. He’s good with that, and doesn’t really need a buff

3 Likes

I’m also assuming you haven’t taken his purple into consideration. 4x allies plus 5x lemmings makes for a lot of SP, and if you have something like this

…he would easily become broken.

Besides that, I also disagree with pretty much everything you suggested. He’s meant for CW and Invasion, that’s his special niche. Changing his skillset to favor PvP would be a tragedy. However, changing his disks (cough let his Judy disk give him an additional lemming at the start of combat for each Support role ally cough) would be acceptable.

He doesn’t need any extra effects either. A messy, complicated skillset won’t make a hero useful, it makes them messy and complicated. If he ever starts to fall behind, a stat buff will be sufficient.

6 Likes

I actually belive Nick is good as it is. He works well in any mode (PvP(Rigth team),invasion,CW,Heist,etc)

It all depends on the team u use him on.
And his red skill is one if not the best one in the game. Being able to make any hero(including bad ones) OP sharing over 800k+ SP (with the Rigth mods (4SP mods with purple skill upgrades)and full upgraded).

2 Likes

He needs Basic attack speed up. His attack speed is too slow

1 Like

I’ve seen several people here say this, but his red skill and mods remedy all of these problems and actually turn him into one of the most broken heroes in the game. No buff needed.

4 Likes

Say it louder. Could not agree more.

You always talking about Red skills, “Red skill make hero better”, you say
But you miss few facts

1. Red skills make a sense ONLY for players with 130+ TL
  2. Red skill is fantasticly expensive to unlock and promote and only whales can maximize it.
    Finally, for players with TL lower 130 and f2p Red skill no more than such a function in game like mod +10, which they never can get
3 Likes

And I think it right notes about old heroes. They are REALLY need refresh, update… something that will give them a chance to fight with new heroes equally.
Red skills absolutely don’t change hero, only for whales

That’s very true statement, he have very low core speed.
Basic attacks take long and same with active.

And another problem is HP, it’s also a bit low.

Blue skill deserve refresh.
And before red skills, he’s D tier hero, so yes, he deserve some refresh.

3 Likes

i agree nick needs a refresh

Does no one remember?, he’s had a refresh already. He doesn’t need another refresh.
Before players complain about heroes, how about you kit them up to max rarity put some stars on them and TRY them.

UHH, NO.

1. Of course red skills have to be taken into account.
  2. No they are not fantastically expensive, one day Surge and 25 chips is hardly expensive.

Refresh they say means maybe major refresh. not stat refresh.
My Nick is max upgraded. He is not the worst. But not good.

Supporting buff isn’t equal to refresh, because you mean now that Rex doesn’t need any refresh?

1. Not all servers and players have access to it.
  2. Not everyone is so rich as you to spend that much.
  3. Even with red skill, the unbalance push Nick and all old heroes to bottomless hole.
  4. And you ignore his major problems, good good…
2 Likes

It’s challenging and time-consuming, but not impossible, for F2P to invest heavily in red skills for a handful of heroes. If you get lucky with the red skill chip crates, so much the better, but even without them it’s just a matter of putting in the time and effort to learn how to play City Watch effectively and run it in Epic as much as you can.

Whether one is willing to invest that time and effort is another question altogether, but it’s certainly possible.

… times amount of current heroes in game and all upcoming heroes AND required resources to max skill (and more importantly, time - about 3 months).

It’s not only like Nick has red skill.
And not like only he requires a refresh, but every single old character which wasn’t refreshed yet.

1 Like

He got a decent refresh with disks included. I don’t think he needs another.

Show me the post with his HERO REFRESH.

And what does that have to do with maxing red skills for a few heroes? I never argued it was possible to max them for everyone; I don’t think even whales can do that. But it’s certainly possible to max them for a few, and you can choose for Nick to be one of those if you want.

I’m more inclined to think that Nick, like some older heroes, just needs some minor tweaking: a bit faster with his attacks, a bit of a boost to some base stats, maybe something like an energy steal in one of his skills so he’ll have a chance to call more than one lemming in PvP. Even as he is, though, once you unlock his red skill, he’s not a bad hero, certainly better than at least half of the first-year heroes.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney