2023 Oscars Nominations

It’s that time again. We are getting close to the 95th Oscars and Disney us up for some awards.

The Black Panther: Wankanda Forever is up for quite a few awards including Angela Bassett for best actress in a supporting role, best costume design, best makeup and hairstyling, best visual effects competeing against Avatar: The Way of Water and Lift Me Up is up for Best Song.

Speaking of Avatar, it also up for best picture, best production design, and best sound.

And finally, Turning Red is up for Best animated feature going up against Pixar’s rival: Dreamworks who has Puss in Boots: The Last Wish in the running.

Hopefully this year dosen’t end with someone getting slapped in the face.

6 Likes

Pixar does have the most Oscars for best animated film last Pixar movie that won was Soul because last year Luca got nominated and lost to Encanto which is another Disney movie even Raya And The Last Dragon got nominated and it sucks it lost. Turning Red is the funniest Pixar movie since Incredibles 2 and it sucks Lightyear didn’t make it

1 Like

Guillermo del Toro Pinocchio is the favorite to win. By far.

I’m hoping that turning red might win. Puss in boots 2 came out last month, so if Dreamworks won, that might be rigged. Pinocchio is very popular, so either that or turning red might win.

Pulling for Angela Bassett to win Best Supporting Actress and Avatar: The Way of Water to win!!

Not that there’s a huge difference, but it was a slap.

Personally, I’m hoping for an Oscar ceremony where the Academy doesn’t have the presenters for the Best Animated Feature award talk about animation as something fit only for kids.

I’m curious about the source of that assertion. It’s true that Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio has been cleaning up in the awards leading up to the Oscars, but it’s also true that the Academy has typically voted for a Disney or Pixar film in any year when they have a halfway-decent nominee.

Nah, studios frequently release their Oscar hopefuls in December just to ensure that they’re fresh in the voters’ minds when the ballots start getting sent out. Not that it matters in this case, as the Best Animated Feature category is a two-movie race this year; Puss, Marcel, and Jacob will have to settle for the honor of being nominated.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you are right.
Pinocchio is the favorite of the public to win.

But also people (or at least the ones I know) believe that Disney will buy the Oscar as “Best Animated Movie”

This movie definitely deserves all the good rewards, best 2022 movie. Incredible movie.

…and? Soo?

2 Likes

Saw it in theaters last night for the first time. I agree.

I feel like that’s gonna happen and I know Will Smith won’t be there because he got suspended from the Oscars for 10 years after slapping Chris Rock last year he can still get nominated but he’s not allowed to come

Spider-Man into the Spider Verse came out December 2018 and won the Oscar for Best Animation Film in 2019 and that was the year Incredibles 2 and Ralph Breaks the Internet got nominated

… Are you suggesting Incredibles 2 should have beat SV?

What is this suppose to suggest?

What?! No I like SV I’m glad it won

The first Movie to win the Oscar for best animated film was Shrek and Monsters inc and Jimmy Neutron were nominated the same year and now the animation studios that hold the record for most wins for Best animated film is Pixar; The enter How To Train Your Dragon franchise got nominated and they all lost

How To Train Your Dragon got nominated and lost to Toy Story 3, How To Train Your Dragon 2 got nominated and lost to Big Hero 6, How to Train Your Dragon 3 Hidden World got nominated and lost to Toy Story 4 it seems that Disney and Pixar have been the top 2 animation studios

Illumination got nominated for an Oscar for despicable me 2. That’s it. Just one film nominated.

And it lost to Frozen

The list of films the won best animated film
Shrek
Spirited Away
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Walice and Gromite: The curse of the wererabbit
Happy Feet
Ratatouille
Wall-e
Up
Toy Story 3
Rango
Brave
Frozen
Big Hero 6
Inside Out
Zootopia
Coco
Spider-Man into the Spiderverse
Toy Story 4
Soul
Encanto
Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio

2 Likes

Let’s be real Toy Story 3 and 4 get a lot of fan play at the Oscars however at The Kids Choice Awards they both lost the 3rd one lost to Despicable Me and the 4th one lost to Frozen 2

Eh, I’d argue that Toy Story 3 was better than Despicable Me; Toy Story 4 and Frozen II are about equal IMHO.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney