A farewell to DHBM

Hello all, Kinokan here for possibly the last time. I am here telling you all that as of today I will be stepping away from Disney Heroes Battle Mode.

This game has been amazing and while I cannot agree 100% of how PB has handled certain aspects, they have done a phenomenal job on it. That being said as time went on the game felt more and more like a chore each and everyday and what kept me going throughout it all was the amazing guild I had in S4, called Casual Heroes. I joined that guild not even two weeks into playing the game and through my own studies of the mechanics of the game, rose up in the ranks and found myself a Champion on the game who had fun and meaningful conversations about game knowledge and helped better the many players of the guild. We had gone through two leaders before me. The original had become our weakest member and no longer abided by his own rules. After months of waiting for them to hit a week of inactivity, we finally wrestled control of the guild shortly after the start of the new year.

The next leader was amazing. They were firm and cracked down on enforcing rules and made sure we got stronger and efficient. However the micromanaging nature of theirs lead them to taking a lot of stress and burden upon themselves and finally cracked under the pressure and being called out for being out of line. Leaving myself as the unexpected new ruler.

At first, I took the mantle with pride and optimism. I quickly learned over the next month of my own naivete. Before and after the previous leader left we had a mass exodus and constant turnover of new players leaving us hovering around the 40 member mark. We eventually gained our footing and got back to close to full membership. However the cracks had been forming for sometime.

The newest surge difficulty had pushed those cracks into further fractures and I had many people reach out to me saying that a good number of core players were thinking of leaving the guild if I did not cracked down on participation from the newcomers. As some of you who follow me are aware I have my snarky streaks but I never want to come across as vindictive, or mean. I like to help and understand people, often seeing the good in everyone at the cost of ignoring the bad. Now I don’t want anyone to come down on those members as I am my own person and accept full responsibility for my actions and agree that I was a weak leader. After a couple unnamed players left without warning to one of our biggest competitors I too finally cracked.

It was with that, that I made the decision to disband the guild I so loved and helped make alongside many unique and amazing people. I’m not asking for forgiveness, and I’m fine with people hating me for my decision, but I do not regret it. Because for myself personally the guild had already died. Gone were the chats at all hours of the night talking about our favorite liquors and the joys and burdens of parenting and what Disney meant to all of us. Gone was the camaraderie that helped me get through some difficult parts of the past year. Instead the last weeks were filled with more destructive and negative posts and judgements passed on one another, myself included. The last weeks were not the guild that I knew. It wasn’t the laid back, yet competitive nature we had made a name for ourselves on. It wasn’t the same friendly guild that I eventually got my own mother into.

It was now violated with poison and venom being hurled as intraguild politics grew and festered. Giving some personal info about myself, I have a very serious heart condition and struggle with anxiety and depression which has often times led to thoughts of suicide. I have never attempted it and never will but it does not mean the struggle still isn’t there. I don’t say this to try and win people’s sympathy and the like but only as a segway into this point.

A game should never add to such destructive thought patterns. Again I am not saying that the people of the guild made those thoughts worse but the burden of leadership did and that would be true regardless of how well you know or feel you know your fellow guild members. I don’t like the outcome of what occured but once again I do not regret it. I felt it better to let a guild die preserving what good was left with it than to give it the possibility to stray further from it’s golden age. Perhaps that is selfish of me to do but I accept that and have made my peace with it.

To any of the ex-members of Casual Heroes. I do not blame you for my actions and I will not ask for your forgiveness or friendship. My only request is that for as long as you play the game, please cherish the good times we had and keep in touch with one another and befriend one another as I know so many of you have. To PB, please consider the burden that maintaining such extensive caps and growing demands that the game asks has on the player’s mental state. Lastly to all the friends I have made on the forum/reddit and discords. Thank you for being a part of this chapter of my life. It was an experience with gaming that I hope to grow from and will remember fondly a majority of the time.

Thank you everyone and have a wonderful day.

• Kinokan
26 Likes

Goodbye @Kinokan you will be missed for helping everyone in the forums.

7 Likes

Well, I wish you good luck in the future. I hope your condition gets better. As for your anxiety and stress, I suggest watching the YouTuber Thomas Sanders’ videos titled “Accepting Anxiety, Part 1/2: Excepting Anxiety” and “Accepting Anxiety, Part 2/2: Can Anxiety Be Good?” His Sanders’ Sides videos are very helpful at uplifting your mood and giving hope and help for the future. I hope you find a new game that means as much to you as this one did!

Edit: Does that heart mean that you will check them out? I really hope you do.

5 Likes

Thank you for all your help here at the forums. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:sob: We will miss you, Kinokan. You gave good advice, you knew how things worked. Good luck in the future, I hope you find something that works out for you.

7 Likes

Ur leaving @Kinokan? Aww, I’m sad now. U were one of the best on the forums. Take care bro. See ya around.

8 Likes

@Kinokan I wish you would not leave the fourm. If you want to lay off the game cool. However I really would like to keep in touch & I am sure lot’s of us here on the forum would too! Thanks for everything you have done. My Friend.
From your Friend aka Queen Kate
:angel:

9 Likes

You’ve been a very inspiring, senseful, and valuable asset to the game and the forum. We’ll miss you, but we understand that you need to step away for reasons above the importance that any game could possibly offer. Best of luck to you, friend. We won’t be forgetting you any time soon :heart: :wave:

6 Likes

As I stated in my alter ego post. You could stick around the forum awhile & Just enjoy your friends here on the forum. I know lots of us here on the forum would like for you to stay. I understand the stressfulness being a guild leader can be & I understand you had to kick it to the curb. However I & I’m sure others would like to keep in touch.

Your Forum Friend
:angel:

8 Likes

We’ll miss you, @kinokan.:cry:

4 Likes

I think I can say for everybody here, that we’ll miss you! You were so helpful and fun to everybody in the forum! I think we’ll also miss your character concepts haha. Hope you think about coming back soon one day!

11 Likes

… :frowning::anguished::weary::sob:

@Kinokan I will miss you as will most (if not all) of us here on the forums. I hope you will stick around on here. However, thank you for saying goodbye. That takes alot of guts and I appreciate it more than you may realize.

It has been a pleasure foruming with you!

I will never forget you!

9 Likes

@Kinokan Sad and surprised to see you leave the game, thanks for your contribution to the community. All the best

8 Likes

7 Likes

Wow, dis makes me sad. But I want 2 spill something out while I’m here. @Mr_Meme is my other account. I can’t believe I said it. So wot @Mr_Meme said, we hope 2 see u another time. And wot @Queen_Kate’s other account said, yeah. We hope u stick around. So @Kinokan, I just wanted 2 say we will miss u alot. God Bless you, hope 2 see u again. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Whoa, really? Wow! Btw, what happened to your regular badge?

3 Likes

Even though I have never met you in real life, never played with you on the same server and the only connection I have with you is on this forum, it’s still sad seeing another active member leaves.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you will find another joy outside of this game :slight_smile:

Good bye @Kinokan

Faithfully

Yunno

7 Likes

I honestly cannot thank you all for the support the forum has shown. The difference between here and my former guildmates is night and day. I have lost the respect of the majority of my guild mates and have incurred, in all honesty a justifiable wrath and ire. I didn’t make this post to excuse my actions nor did I expect to win anyone’s support with it. In truth I fully expected to receive the same lashing I got from those who I at one point was leader to.

I singlehandedly deleted months of progress and a legacy that could have been passed on and perhaps should have been given the chance to continue. I will also add that my tone was very much uncharacteristically crude and harsh towards them, and while I stand by saying I do not regret my actions, I do regret the tone I took with them.

Should I be given another chance at leadership I hope to handle things much better with this experience under my belt. I may still stalk the forums from time to time but I can’t say I will continue to be as in depth with my knowledge as I once was. Thank you all for the support and the amazing memories made here. I certainly won’t be a stranger if and when I return.

9 Likes

Reasons my dude. Reasons.

3 Likes

Reasons. My worst enemy. Seriously, Kinokan, we all respect you as a big part of the forums. I think we all knew this day would eventually come, but we weren’t prepared for it this soon. I think, you kinda deserve the hatred from your former guild mates for that, um, uncharacteristic decision. But all of us at the forums will remember the good things, not the bad. I know it’ll be better to go out knowing people will remember your good actions.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney