A Proposal For Per Blue

I think it’s Perblue who is silent about it. Maybe @Polaris asked the company about the complaints but maybe none of them wants to answer those questions.

5 Likes

Maybe. But hopefully we get at least some kind of response soon. I get PerBlue works hard, but they should answer some of our questions, right?

2 Likes

Yes, if they were confident with the content they releases, then they shouldn’t be afraid to answer the conplaints that the players give to them.

4 Likes

Just to add another point of view.

As a fair-to-high spender I am quite excited to try out the new Red skills. Of course I have many extra chips and don’t struggle in CW like many on the forum seem to.

While I would be quite disappointed if the feature is only truly accessible by us “whales” we did/do desperately need another endgame challenge and a resource sink to this sort of level. You would need to spend money to see how quick the chips build up… it’s kinda crazy that $10 (1100 diamond crates) now gets us upwards of 10,000 hero chips…

Unfortunately PB cannot balance this game for F2P - that is the truth, like it or not. If they did they would loose their paying player base (who expect to be far ahead due to the funds they spend) and the game would close.

On speaking to some of my “dolphin” guild mates and friends the consensus seems rather positive towards new red skills, even if the players feel they now need to focus on some sideline heros and farm some chips.

Personally I think this is a better solution to using hero chips vs adding stars and I’m looking forward to seeing the new skills they add to older heroes that may make them relevant or even Meta again.

1 Like

@Yunno I’m pretty sure Mods were meant to be are the Orange Rarity “new feature” honestly I’m not sure what level they unlock, so not sure if this ended up being the case.

1 Like

That was supposed to be a friendlier post with the end as a joke, but I guess I didn’t do a good job of that. Why can’t I edit it?

EDIT: The edit button is back for that post, Polaris must have fixed it. :slight_smile:

I think that may be because it was flagged by an even higher level user. That, or it was flagged by people, and Polaris or whoever just supported their reason, but wanted it to remain there. Either way, it’s too late now.

As for what @Emitz said, those things may be true, but none of that changes the things I stated earlier. F2Ps are still being practically chased away by Per Blue. But I’m just here as a conversation starter. I have my own opinions, and they don’t necessarily align with what you said, or with what anyone said here. Everybody has to make their own conclusions and opinions, but my point has been proven by the community. You can still enjoy the game for what it is to you, though many others will soon be unable to.

2 Likes

No intention of bringing up other games here, but the reason why there are a lot of complaints is because the gap between F2P and whales are very huge now. Like a domestic cat is fighting with a lion.

Plus, no F2P can benefit from having the red skills. The Guild Shop is still the best way to get rid of excess hero chips.

3 Likes

We’re not asking for equality between F2P and whales. That’s impossible. We just need them to stop neglecting us.

8 Likes

I agree. We’re not asking for equality, by all means keep spending to stay on top. All we want is for the game to remain at least enjoyable for the non-paying players. Even BEFORE the red skills, mods AND collection buffs the difference between whales and F2P was already immense because of the increased level cap increases, overpowered heroes and increased exp requirements from lv 86 onwards.
There are other ways for Perblue to keep the players spending that doesn’t involve increasing the gap between whales and F2P. Those avatar borders, challenge stickers, and heck, I don’t even mind if the costumes get behind a paywall as well.
Arena and Coliseum are already a P2W event only, but even events like surge, invasion and city watch become almost unplayable because the overpowered computerbased opponents.

7 Likes

I agree. Before the gap between players was pretty small. The whales could buy the way to the top but F2P could still compete. Now it’s harder for F2P to compete since the gap is so big.

3 Likes

My point exactly. I don’t ask for equality, that’s impossible. We don’t want to compete, to stay on top or anything, we just want to enjoy our game. Is that too much to ask?

2 Likes

Sure, and I do appreciate the concerns of f2p players.
Your point’s are all valid to your current situation and I agree that this feature will be shutting players that don’t support the game financially out of a cool feature (at least for a long time).

That being said, I really don’t see an issue with enlarging the power gap between free players and spending players. F2P players have never been able to compete with whales, not even on day 1.
I just don’t see how the power gap is an issue - the bigger issue IMO is that F2P players don’t get to enjoy the new skills.

2 Likes

I guess the main concern of the gap growing so wide is that the majority of players are in fact F2P or low spenders, including even those in highly ranked guilds. It’s creating quite a big disparity in ranks & competitiveness - a couple of months ago on S3, you had to go down to guild rank 10 to be half the power of rank 1. Now you only have to go down to rank 6 :open_mouth:

I don’t mind not being able to compete directly with the paying players, but enjoyment of the game is lowered & players like to feel that they can at least make some meaningful progress, and help out their guild. At the moment I couldn’t give two hoots what new heroes they bring out, because I’ll never be able to use them competitively without falling so far behind that I’d have to switch guilds away from my friends. That’s a bad situation :frowning: - and now Red Skills are something else that most F2P or low spenders won’t get to enjoy for a long time.

3 Likes

Top guild players are spending $500-$10,000+ per year. I’d say the spending disparity is even higher than that of power difference.
There has never been a day that guild’s ranks 10-20 could come close to guild’s rank 1-10.

Ultimately it’s a choice everyone has - and frankly I don’t fully understand how players can enjoy a game so much that they stick with it for nearly 500 days and still don’t support the game financially.

All that being said I think everyine should have access to the new skills and clearly that won’t happen.

3 Likes

In defense of PB (yes I know that day has come) I have to admit that communication has been improving lately. There is greater transparency and better flow of information - it’s not nearby perfect but little steps are better than no steps

2 Likes

This is a fair point, but also people’s disposable income for this sort of thing varies a huge amount. I’ve probably spent the equivalent of a deluxe console game on it, which is manageable & to me seems fair for the enjoyment I’ve had - which is a lot - yet I still find myself not being able to experience the content fully without continued spend.

I knew a VIP 16 player who was in the top ranks, but stopped spending entirely around last Christmas - but still played just as regularly - now I’ve almost overtaken them in power! Perhaps there needs to be improved VIP benefits, so that spend doesn’t become wasted and devalued over time unless even more is spent.

8 Likes

@Pipsqueak IMO, if a player (like yourself) has spent the equivalent of a stand alone game or more, IDK ~$30-$50 a year they should definitely have access to all game features (including Red Skills) as clearly they are supporting the game considerably.

Wow, don’t get me started on VIP perks…
VIP benefits are absolutely useless at the high end. Everything you get from VIP 15+ is basically not needed if you have spent the amount of money needed to get to the VIP threshold. For e.g Double gold from purchase gold at VIP 18… no VIP 18 has issues with gold I can assure you. 2h mission speed ups? why pay 30 diamonds per when you can get 1000 in a $20 deal with loads of other goodies as well, and I could go on and on…

What makes this even worse is that the more you spend the less value you get from your offers. Low spenders are getting Unique offers for dbl the stam of regular offers - I don’t think PB really care about their top spenders either which is kinda paradoxical

5 Likes

Well if all this is true then I worry for the future of the game. I love this game and getting to know all of you, so I hope this isn’t the end.

1 Like

As much as I have defended Red Skills I feel like they should have waited to release the server 1 beta for another 5-8 updates and then waited another 2-5 updates for it to start rolling out on other servers. Then more people have 1 or more Red Heroes and those who don’t hopefully won’t be to far. The issue for is not really that Red Skills are but that they are this quickly.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney