A question about gold

The game needs to focus more on competitive gameplay then gameplay costs in all honesty.

2 Likes

gold and other resources need a revamp. mainly gold (obviously) hero XP, and mod power

2 Likes

You want to know why Iā€™m asking for that proof? Because I think itā€™s counterproductive to accuse someone of something they didnā€™t do, so I want to be sure PerBlue increased the costs of existing badges before accusing them of such underhanded tactics. Maybe Iā€™m crazy, but I think PerBlue would be less likely to listen to my complaints about how expensive itā€™s getting to keep heroes current if I also called them liars and cheaters without some evidence to back up those claims. (And if they are liars and cheaters, whatā€™s the point of complaining anyway?)

I still think it would be good for you to ask your old guildmates about that time they all complained about the cost of badges going up, just so you can have more people supporting your claim and possibly even supplying some evidence. Unless, of course, youā€™re afraid theyā€™ll confirm that youā€™ve been conflating the increased costs of leveling up heroes and skills announced for 1.7 with the continuing increases in costs of new badges.

1 Like

We have not changed the cost to existing badges. We have not retroactively changed costs except for the times mentioned in the patch notes.

2 Likes

2 Likes

So top badge here is an old screenshot of when badge was released. Now this was with a double drops bag, so 2,016 stamina for badge normally, that was with not a single bit ready for that badge when it was released. Now bottom badge here is a screenshot of it today. Without double drops, and with one of the badges already crafted. Same server as well. That looks like an increase to me

2 Likes

That sure sounds a lot like changing the cost to meā€¦yet you said you didnā€™t. They canā€™t both be true. The proof is literally in the game and the tons of players who have noticedā€¦soā€¦

4 Likes

I love this so much. Letā€™s go back to the first couple months the game was alive. PB was called out hard for the underhanded tactic of having a test group of arena and coli guinea pigs where only some players were receiving full rewards and the other were receiving half the rewards. They take away a ton of stuff to make people have to spend more if they want to stay ahead. Is that not underhanded? Or do you really want to pretend they donā€™t have a track record of being ā€œunderhanded?ā€ Nothing they have ever been accused of turned out to be false. If that arena and coli part was false then why did hundreds of players later that week receive thousands of diamonds in their inbox and a big apology from the devs?

1 Like

One of the pictured sub-badges, Beignets, takes 310 badge bits by itself to craft. If you had more of those bits in inventory in the first screencap, that could easily explain the difference in costs.

We have established that PerBlue did retroactively change costs for hero and skill levels, a change announced in the patch notes for 1.7 that I linked earlier. That doesnā€™t contradict the claim that PerBlue has never retroactively changed costs for badges.

Yet who apparently never posted about those increased costs.

They literally did. Look it up yourself if you donā€™t believe me. Itā€™s my job to go through 2 years worth of forum posts because you canā€™t find the proof you need. You want to sit back and keep pretending everything is peachy go right ahead. Not my fault that you are blind and refuse to do research to find the truth. Iā€™ve provided plenty of proof. Go find the rest of it yourself.

Not a single bit was crafted before then had 0 of all, since it was a new badge at the time

Beignets is crafted from four badges: Lost and Found, Close Shave, Badge of Tomorrow, and New Car Smell. All of those badges had been around for months when Emotional Baggage was introduced. Which seems more likely: that you had many of the required badges and badge bits for those four badges when you took the first screencap, or that it would cost just over 2000 stamina to farm 410 badge bits, 100 of which were in a stage that cost 14 stamina per raid at the time?

I remember some incident early in the gameā€™s history where a lot of people received diamonds and other compensation in the mail from PerBlue, though I donā€™t recall the details of what prompted it; Iā€™m willing to do some poking around to try to find the full story.

Iā€™ve said I felt the cost increases in 1.7 were unfair, I feel the current costs for badges are too high, and I want some sort of evidence before accusing PerBlue of doing something theyā€™ve denied doing. Not surprising you consider that ā€œpretending everything is peachyā€.

Gold?you just gave me inspiration for a concept!!anyway I think itā€™s a Glitch, dont worry :wink:

Seeing as that was so long ago, I think itā€™s much more likely some rogue bits were lying around in the depths of one of those badges, than PB have hiked the cost by 200% and have Polaris flat out deny it in a comment :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s very, very unlikely to ever encounter a situation where one has 0 bits at all to craft a complex badge such as that

Thanks for clarifying this!

The cost for crafting is too big and literally out of nowhere, it should be simply removed.
Skills and badge enhancing already cost too much.

But no, letā€™s make players barely have any gold.
Nothing literally helps from PB and even nothing was given, spam of cap rises, flood of new heroes and most of time unwanted ones, and every X levels, required XP/gold is increased above average, no game improvments to make it better, and from long time even deals are terrible and no rare deals were given.

And not only gold is trouble, but also mod power, disk power and XP drinks, disk memories also arenā€™t easiest.

5 Likes

Youā€™re willing to research this but not the proof youā€™re looking for on gold? Lol of course you are. Gotta find proof that PB hasnā€™t committed ā€œunderhanded tactics.ā€

iā€™m not sure abt inflated prices of old badgesā€¦ but something is definitely off. during the recent badges Contest. iā€™ve used up 1.5K 60x stamina to raid badges using double badge and gold drops. i started with with 20M. aft promoting a few heroes from r1 to r7. i ended up with 100K coins this is w/o touching any skills upgrade just pure badge formation. whereā€™s the normalcy in that? we used to have more gold than when we start but nowā€¦ bankruptcy in Disney Heroes is real!

prices of badge formation are inflated ridiculously but gold rewards frm raiding remain lowā€¦and donā€™t get started with the new Surgeā€¦ is PB trying to reenact real life scenario here? where prices of stuffs are at all time high but salary remains low?

if youā€™re not going to open more avenues to earn gold or increase gold rewardsā€¦ why the need to spend gold to form badgesā€¦ we already spend stamina on thatā€¦!

game supposed to be funā€¦ it ainā€™t fun nowā€¦ this is a serious issue. even my highest powered player is low on gold and he spends tons on money in this game. Normal is not the word to use hereā€¦

4 Likes

Newer badges definitely cost more to craft than older ones. As Pipsqueak mentioned, it used to be that using a double campaign drop and double gold drop simultaneously would pay for all your badge crafting for that day; now, you still lose gold even with the double gold item because of how expensive badges have gotten.

One of the biggest things is that skills have gone up tremendously in cost and the badges have only gotten more and more expensive to boot while gold income has largely stagnated. The cost increase wouldnā€™t be so brutal for whales and f2p alike if the income had gone up.

The other point of contention that coincided with it is that the reason for said increases was because of players hoarding too much of it, which has NEVER been an issue in the gameā€™s history speaking as someone who played a year straight directly after the official launch of the game. At least it has not been an issue that has affected 95% of the player base and even then whales had to constantly buy deals in order to keep up with the demand.

Another thing that is hurting the gameā€™s gold economy is the absolute deluge of new characters which for the most part are better than the last. So now players who want to stay competitive have to restart and level a new hero from scratch leaving all the stamina and gold behind they invested into now out dated heroes.

Suprisingly enough TL requirements have stayed at 15k a level since who knows how long. Perhaps if the gap between TL were increased people could stagger the gold costs so that players could build up more and not have to worry about 5 levels on 4-5 skills on 15 heroes each costing close to 200k a pop and a new rank of badges that cost millions of gold as well.

The likelihood of PB doing something along those lines that would be beneficial to the majority of players is somewhere between the realm of 0 and the percentage of mass a singular quark has compared to our Sun.

9 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney