A word or two on Maleficent

Yo, Server 6 here. Currently sitting on Platinum V. So I’m like a mid-tier player without the newest changes.

Some time ago I’ve unlocked the Hero’s Duty disk for Ralph. It heals him every time an enemy gets stunned. Lately I’ve decided to play around with the idea, and made a lolz team with every member with a stun skill.

It looked like this:

Ralph - obviously, Felix - he has a spammable white skill, Jack Jack and Violet - they both have ministuns with correct disks, and sadly Calhoun for extra survivability because Felix is just so awful.

Well, it kinda did work. Few times. Still, I didn’t give up immediately on the idea of full CC team, I saw some potential there. Then I remembered that they’ve added Maleficent to the game, and made her farmable. And she has two stun skills! I rarely see her around, so I’ve decided to finish up the grind and see for myself.

Oh boy oh boy.

Most players probably own a Zurg, right? If you take a look at his stats, you’ll see that he has ZERO DEFENSE. And, because I’m bringing that up, you can probably guess that Maleficent is the same deal. And neither of them have any fantastic crit on their own, despite being mostly fantastic damage dealers.

Oh right, but the evil fairy is of control class, silly me. But do you know how much her first skill hits for? My Purple +4 Maleficent that only has 3 out of 6 badges hits with it for a base 15k damage.

What.

You have to note though, this isn’t a global skill like for example Buzz or Felix, but heck, it still hits at least 4 out of 5 enemies most of the time. AND they can’t be healed after being hit with this Disney equivalent of a nuke.

Ok, well, that’s a surprise, she’s a control-damage hybrid in the form of a glass cannon.

Now for the -control part.

Forest of Thorns, like so many other Green skills, she makes one basic attack and then uses it. The damage is kinda meh (6.5k damage, so >1k per second), but it’s a stun + curse for, most likely, a tank. Though because of it, it’s a bit wasted cuz nearly all of them have tenacity. Nearly, looking at you Felix and Rex. This skill is on a ~11 seconds cooldown, so if it lands with its full duration it’s half off the cooldown already gone.

Fog of Doom, well that’s the thing. It’s a global 5 seconds stun! It has an incredibly long cast time though, both before the spell itself and after cuz Maleficent just has to laugh how evil she is. All in all, it’d be pretty mediocre… but it’s on ~13 seconds cooldown. I’m not kidding, unless dealt with Maleficent will stunlock your whole bloody team, just to finish it off with the dragon fire. That you can’t patch yourself up from.

My current “joke” team is Ralph, Violet, Calhoun, Mike and Maleficent, and it seems to take everyone by surprise how tough it can be to recover from all of these crowd control stuff. I’m in the middle of being promoted to the next tier lol.

Here’s her current stats.

On a side note, I wish experimenting with unorthodox teams didn’t last so long :frowning: I’d be so disappointed if the results didn’t turn out to be so interesting hah

7 Likes

A small update, because depending on the stage of the game, units come and go out of use because of the linear scaling. Maleficent seems to hold her own pretty nicely!

Tons of skill power, health very low, but she eventually gets some defensive stats.
White skill hits for 25k damage (ouch), green for 11k.

Also, if you’ve ever wondered about Maleficent + Mickey + Scare combo…

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Hi there, I also wanted to build around the ralph/sparrow healing disk. It’s pretty good, but Ralph can fall easily if you’re not careful!
I’ve been using the team shown below for awhile to pretty good success. I want to swap out the Violet/ralph stun disk though…it’s just not that useful when you’realready stunning a lot.
Also, when you stun the enemy a lot, her 7 second shields might not absorb damage.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney