Addressing Server Performance Issues (January 10, 2024)

Hello everyone! First and foremost, the DH team would like to apologize for the server performance issues we’ve been having on Server 1. We understand this is incredibly frustrating! While we have pinpointed the root cause of this issue, the fix is taking us some time to fully track down and troubleshoot.

We found, as you may have suspected, server issues due to large amounts of data brought in by new content and raids. Without getting too deep in the technicalities, processing all this data takes up a lot of memory and thinking power, causing lag and other performance issues such as game crashes. Again, without getting too technical, we are taking steps to fix this issue, but have identified that there are multiple steps, which will take time to implement & greatly appreciate your patience in the meantime.

We’re also looking into the elite campaign issues that appeared right before we went on break, that we’re planning to bundle up with this game performance improvement.

We understand that with limited time to actually play the game due to lag and crashes, it has put Guild War in a spot that many of you are unhappy about. While we are unable to extend the time Guild War is running, we may be able to allow a rematch for the current war now that game lag on Server 1 has reduced. If this is something that will help you and your guild out, please let us know and we can look into reverting matchmaking in the next war. This would only affect guilds in Server 1, if we go that route.

On top of that, while we don’t immediately have a fix for these big issues that are making gameplay difficult, we’ll send out a comp to players in Server 1, as well as an extra promo code to redeem VIP 5 consumables. The code is: “vip5” and can be redeemed now through the end of this content cycle, February 6th, 2024.

Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding, and please know we’re working on getting these issues fixed!

29 Likes

Buenas tardes amigo a donde debo enviar el codigo vip5 para obtener mi recompensa?? Gracias

5 Likes

@TheGrillFather will the recent issues with lag on S1 have any influence on the future merge with servers 1 & 21?

2 Likes

Thank you PB!

Yes, while guild war was affected due to the lagging issues last week, unfortunately it wasn’t the only game mode affected. Invasion was highly affected with lagging issues and game crashes, and my team wasn’t able to progress and advance and get as high up on the tiers, as my teams normally do. It was very frustrating! While the other issues are being looked into and addressed, can Invasion also be on that list as well? Thank you.

4 Likes

Server perf is the worst

1 Like

Nice gamer love it

1 Like

Hello! If you click on your profile, the bottom right button should be “Promos,” then you can add that code in the box. Once you’ve typed it, hit submit!

3 Likes

Of course! We’re actively working on game performance, and until we optimized Server 1, we cannot merge any servers. So while we still are planning server merges, the first step is to minimizing lag and game crashes as much as possible!

Thanks for this heads up, I understand it’s frustrating, as that’s realistically the only way to get mod items! We’re aware it’s not only War, but the entire game that’s being affected, including Invasion, Surge, Trials, and more. Potentially doing rematches is one bandaid we can do without needing a full update, which was why it’s an option we’re offering, if you and your guild might find it helpful at all.

4 Likes

It’s been like that since forever. I don’t have trust in PerBlue to really fix the issues anytime soon

2 Likes

To be honest, in terms of resources probably the biggest issue was with Surge. The lag made it impossible to attack during the last few minutes of yesterday’s Surge, and prevented several members from their usual attacks last night, lowering participation and the guild’s gold bonus multiplier even more for the Surge that ended today. I’m hoping for a decent amount of gold and a few hundred Surge tokens to be included in the compensation.

6 Likes

Also curious about missing the daily sign in due to the game not loading

1 Like

I don’t understand why in easy mode of Round Battle, some time enemy are too strong just at the first battle. My Battle asset is all at Yellow and big up. :confused:

2 Likes

Servidor en 1 en “promociones”

1 Like

So when are we getting the next characte-

2 Likes

PB must be joking. The compensation is totally garbage. The lag isn’t the new issue. It happened almost every time after update. So don’t play dumb as PB knows it right now.

5 Likes

:unamused: The frustration is too much now! We have to wait too long for loading and sometimes I have to close the and star over! :confounded:

1 Like

Potentially doing rematches is one bandaid we can do without needing a full update, which was why it’s an option we’re offering, if you and your guild might find it helpful at all.

1 Like

While a rematch isn’t being demanded here, I feel that a rematch of last week’s invasion should be offered as well.

1 Like

There’s something wrong with it

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney