Badge Problems

To follow up on an article I wrote at the beginning of the month (Stamina Problem & Swapping Badges)

Here is an infographic on the worst badges in 6-stamina stages (needed constantly in most ranks… for no reason)

And after spending 300,000 stamina, I updated my current inventory. Even with triple drops in Trials, I’m still short on some badges too often: Raspbeary, Escape, Love Bug, Szalinski’s, and Merlin.

Summary: 25% of the badges are commonly used and the rest just accumulate… over 200,000 blue-orange bits! Please balance badges!

13 Likes

Oh, yeah I see this in my badges way too much… (I´m in S22)

I haven’t played the game in a while, but imagine needing to grind all the way down to Sugar Rush to make a Yellow Badge? That’s really absurd, ngl

They really need to do something with badges. We are in Yellow, why in the world I need to farm for white badge!!!

Greed knows no limit.

One question: You’ve got Badge of Motivation listed, but Badge of Stealth pictured; which did you mean? Or maybe both? I haven’t needed to farm for Badge of Motivation since around mid-Red ranks (which is right where you’ve reached), but I still need Badge of Stealth badges occasionally.

Anyway, the good news is that a few of these badges may drop off your list before much longer; the mid-Red ranks is also the last time I had to farm for Sugar Rush and Embrittlement Perfume badges, and at some point my main account no longer had to farm Imagination Ship bits, although my backup account still does. The bad news, of course, is that a lot more badges will be joining that list: Lucky Cricket, Magical Breakfast, Driving With Style, the list goes on and on and on.

PerBlue could alleviate the situation somewhat by putting the scarce purple and orange (and now red) bits in more new nodes: Potential Carriage, Close Shave, and Dinglehopper bits, for example, are available on only two nodes apiece; meanwhile, PerBlue keeps adding nodes for overabundant badges like Nope! and Love Birds. But it does seem that PerBlue believes manufactured scarcity is the key to generating more sales, so I wouldn’t expect that to happen.

While not finished with Chapter 32 yet, but yeah as you can see there there are no really good grind spots here. Some fair enough ones, though not really anyone that good. (Or at least in my view).

Comparing that to Chapter 21 which has at least 3-5 good grind stages depending on how you look at it.

So yeah a huge difference in how good the stages are.
Appreciate that they give need stages new grind spots for Hunny Pot and King of the Blad Mountain, but with how many not needed badges the stages got they unfortunately aren’t that good stages.

All this said though, yes I do believe the Badges need to be refreshed and have some of the costs cut off. Some of the newest badges cost around 50 000 stamina in total, at least likely 10 000 in Stamina costs.
People should be allowed to be able to keep up with more than 2-5 characters, we need 15 characters for Coliseum and Guild Wars afterall, so it is unfair that we have to do some much backtrack grind for older badges that are likely over 2 years old now.

Thanks for the catch on Badge of Stealth! I meant motivation, but had no idea they were so similar. I guess I just needed it recently at R9.

I needed a lot of Curious Maze, Piston Cup, and The Pacifier at R9, but barely at all at R10.

The other green badges just became a problem recently, but the main problems are Wicked Beats, Sea Witch, FA Family, Potential Carriage, Raspbeary, Close Shave, and Merlin. I need them from P0 all the way to R10, which is stupid. I even got 15 Raspbeary and Merlin’s from Trials this event and they are easily gone.

I think about what my inventory is stocked with and with what I equip a lot, and I agree with:
Sugar Rush
The Perfect Cast (my blue and green heroes never not need it, aaa!!!)
Escape Plan, Love Bug, Fa Family Shears, Unbirthday Hat
Winnifred’s Spellbook
P.S: Aquarium Tag, despite not needing it anymore, used to be a NIGHTMARE at P0-P1, maybe add it in?

Yah it’s crazy how we constantly need those specific badges (even white ones!). I agree with Aquarium Tag. I needed that Purple to Orange and now somehow have 1,600 of them. Maybe because it’s a Trial badge and it rarely gets used anymore? I have no idea.

Yah I focused on the 6-stamina chapters (1-26). I don’t even want to know what beast lies in 27+. It’s just so much more stamina. In just three chapters, the stamina costs double… which is insane. It’s a flat line then bam! Double!

I wish they fixed badges so that we can manage 20 heroes and even power up new ones that aren’t power creeped out like the ones we chose years ago.

I see and yeah, I can say the grinding doesn’t exactly get better, but at least there are ways to lower the stress from the ever increasing stamina demand by grinding more efficiently.

If you want I could make a Badge Spot Collection sheet for those badges there if you want to like the one I posted above :-). Could help at least a bit I thought.

A few weeks ago, I noted all of the badges I needed, used your campaign map images, and found which spots to grind. I had to add a bunch recently since each new rank pulls from slightly different spots. Thank you for your work! Those badge maps are amazing!

Ah I see and would be cool if you shared the file here and in the server if you are interested in that :-).

And yeah, glad the Badge Drop Charts helped you so much SaveElle, and yeah happy to help and I know as well afterall how helpful those Badge Drop Charts can be in terms of the badge grinding.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney