Be Vewwy, Vewwy Quiet... - Dolores Madrigal (Likely Concept)

Dolores Madrigal (Encanto)

Able to hear a pin drop from a mile away, Dolores Madrigal keeps an ear out for trouble so that her teammates can avoid anything the creeps throw at them!

Role: Support
Position: Middle
Trial Team: Yellow

“The only one worried about the magic is you. And the rats talking in the walls. Oh, and Luisa. I heard her eye twitching. All night.”

Basic Animations

Entrance: Dolores leans cautiously into frame and looks around, before whooshing into position swiftly, her eyes nervously scanning in every direction.

Basic Attack: Dolores stands straight up, looks around, and shrugs.

Victory: Dolores looks on at the fallen enemy team before leaning in with her hand up to her ear, smiling in relief at the silence from the opponent’s side.

Defeat: Dolores wilts slightly, staring like a deer in headlights, before sprinting off-screen in a panic.

Skills

:white_circle: White Skill: Spread the Word

"Passive: Instead of a basic attack, once every 3 seconds, when an enemy would receive a buff, Dolores hears about it, steals it from the enemy, and stores it. A maximum of 10 unique buffs may be stored.

Active: Dolores rushes to tell her teammates what she’s heard, granting herself and all allies the stored buffs. These buffs last for 10 seconds and cannot be stolen, copied, or removed.

Stealing a buff has a chance to fail on enemies above level X."

• Animation: Dolores zips all around her allies, whispering conspiratorially into their ears before stiffening up and returning to her position.

:green_circle: Green Skill: Heard It Coming

"Once every 10 seconds, when an enemy attacks Dolores, she dodges the attack and Counters by applying 2 stacks of Quickness to herself and all allies that last for 8 seconds.

Each stack of Quickness allows the target to completely avoid one attack or debuff per stack, to a maximum of 4 stacks.

Applying Quickness has a chance to fail on allies above level X."

• Animation: Dolores steps out of the way of the attack, dancing on tiptoe nervously before returning to her position.

:large_blue_circle: Blue Skill: Ear Out for Danger

"At the start of each wave, the player chooses one ally for Dolores to apply Vigilance to. While under the effects of Vigilance, the target gains 30% damage mitigation and Counters enemy attacks with their Green Skill once every 4 seconds. Vigilance lasts until the target is KO’d.

Vigilance has a chance to fail on allies above level X.

While on Auto, Dolores will apply Vigilance to the ally with the lowest maximum HP."

• Animation: Dolores covers her mouth in dramatic shock before sidling next to the chosen ally and pointing surreptitiously at the enemy team.

:purple_circle: Purple Skill: She Who Hears Everything

"When an ally successfully expends a Quickness stack to dodge an attack or debuff, they become Energized for 6 seconds.

Allies Energized by Dolores gain 100 extra Energy when they make a basic attack.

Applying Energize has a chance to fail on allies above level X."

:red_circle: Red Skill: The Family Gossip

"When an ally is crit by an enemy, Dolores applies Endure to that ally for 8 seconds. The first time an ally with Endure is reduced to 0 HP, they regain 50% of their maximum HP and become Invincible for 3 seconds. An ally can benefit from Endure only once every 15 seconds. Applying Endure has a chance to fail on allies above level X.

Allies take 10% reduced damage from crits each time they expend a stack of Quickness, to a maximum of 80% damage reduction. This effect is reduced on allies above level X."

+X HP
+X Armor
+X Reality

Friend Disk Campaigns

:musical_note: Disk #1 - "Soothing Melodies"
While Sarah prowls the streets of the City, scoping out youthful targets for life leeching, she is approached by Dolores while singing to herself. Dolores is a little worried about the content of Sarah’s songs, but tells her they’re quite pleasant to listen to and that there are some folks around the City who might benefit from some music therapy. Completely blindsided and sidetracked by the compliment, Sarah is suddenly very interested in the idea that other people might enjoy her singing. Dolores decides to hook the witch up with some potential clients, so that the singing siren might direct her energies to something a bit more wholesome than…whatever it was she was looking to do before Dolores showed up.

• Partner:
    – Sarah Sanderson
  • Allies:
    – Carl (who appreciates the sentiment, but isn’t interested)
    – The Beast (who also isn’t interested, but additionally does not appreciate the sentiment)
    – Mary Sanderson (who lets her beloved sister know that she’s always interested in hearing her lovely songs, awww, how wholesome~)
  • Level Up:
    +X Skill Power
    Allies are healed for X (determined by Skill Power) HP each time they gain Quickness or Hardy stacks
  • Stars:
    Allies gain 2 (+1 per additional star) stacks of Hardy each time they receive a Vigilance or Endure buff.

:money_with_wings: Disk #2 - "A Hammy Spending Spree"
When you can hear conversations happening from a mile away, there are a lot of noises in the City that quickly get on your nerves. And the ceaseless metallic shuffling of coins in a ceramic container ranks very highly on that list. Eventually Dolores gives in and airs her grievance to Hamm, who has been considering spending some of his cache of coins somewhere, but hasn’t really seen anything that catches his eye in terms of stuff to buy. Determined to be rid of that terrible sound, Dolores rather aggressively offers to help Hamm spend that cash on some great experiences that he’ll never forget. The porcelain pig doesn’t even have time to be skeptical of this plan before they’re off to empty his belly.

• Partner:
    – Hamm
  • Allies:
    – Colette (who serves up the exquisite meal Dolores ordered for Hamm at Chez Remy, but Hamm is dubious about the idea of sampling the…“pork aux champignon”…)
    – Kermit (personally greets Dolores and Hamm, who are special VIPs at tonight’s special Muppet Show premier, which unfortunately is ruined by Miss Piggy throwing a temper tantrum onstage when her scene falls flat)
    – Gadget Hackwrench (who Dolores–with Hamm in tow–approaches out of desperation, in the hopes that she can whip up a soundproofing invention for her piggy companion)
  • Level Up:
    +X HP to Dolores and allies
    +X Armor to Dolores and allies
    +X Reality to Dolores and allies
  • Stars:
    Allies gain Reflect for 0.6 (+0.6 per additional star) seconds when all of their stacks of Quickness are expended.
11 Likes

This is probably one of the most unique concepts I’ve seen so far.

Good job! :+1:

2 Likes

Obly one question, when does dolores say be vewy vewy quiet. I only remember elmer fudd said that.

It’s just the title of the concept. It’s meant to be a gag. :V

7 Likes

Very unique concept! Which it had to be because I had no idea how they could even put her in the game, though she’s probably easier than Mirabel who has no abilities to draw from, despite being the main protagonist of the film.

One thing that I have to say about it is that…she may have 1 or 2 too many brand new features/statuses being introduced for one character. I think she may can focus on just having 1 or 2 of these, but 3 seems like a lot to have and I don’t think that it all necessarily works great together, as it may seem better suited for multiple characters rather than her to have them all, especially with her unique active skill on top of it.

The way that they work, her White and Blue have a potential to have no impact or very little impact. If it’s not a buff heavy team (though rare), she won’t have much to give. For Blue, it could simply just fail and never apply period, with no check to reapply ever or be used ever again.

The Red Skill, I think this could become a dangerous Darkwing Duck cycle, where you have more than one hero that can do his weird thing of becoming untargetable, gaining Reflect after that, then only having about a 3 second window of vulnerability before it happens again. With one enemy hero doing it, this can maybe be more easily countered and dealt with, but the entire team just popping Endure, Invincible (and maybe Quickness) and cycling again in a similar fashion…it can probably become a bit much just thinking about it in practice.

I was quite intrigued by the Quickness ability, mostly because it reminded me a lot of a character from a console/PC game (that I may or may not be able to mention due to TOS, unclear). But her stacks are called Elusive stacks (which I think the name could fit more with this TBH). That character could use them to negate an attack and had other passives that sped her up while she had them and debuffed enemies that attacked you while you had them. Quite interesting mechanics and a different type of game, but definitely took me back to it when I saw this.

1 Like

Perfect To be like a real update :ok_hand:

Bravo chefs kiss There are literally so much info, and I love it

Wow very cool I just started making concepts and this really gives me something to strive for when it comes to quality

For me, a lot of what goes into the quality of a concept is its writing and its format. I can’t help you much with the writing, but I can paste my format for you to use. It’s not like I’m gonna make money off of it or anything. :V

<big>**Name**</big>

**Role:** 
**Position:** 
**Trial Team:** 

*""*

Picture
___
<big>**Basic Animations**</big>

**Entrance:** 

**Basic Attack:** 

**Victory:** 

**Defeat:** 
___
<big>**Skills**</big>

:white_circle: **White Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
>"
- **Animation:** 

:green_circle: **Green Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
>"

:large_blue_circle: **Blue Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
>"

:purple_circle: **Purple Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
>"

:red_circle: **Red Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
>"
>
>
>
>
>
>+X 
>+X 
>+X 
___
<big>**Friend Disk Campaigns**</big>

**Disk #1 - **