Bear of Despair (Monokuma Hero Concept)

The Concept

Monokuma Hero Concept

Monokuma is bear full of despair and secret tricks behind his back.

“Puhuhu….”
:star:

Role: Tank
Position: Front
Trials Team: Yellow.

Basic Attack: Monokuma slashes the opponent.
Entrance: Monokuma appears out of the upper part of the screen.
Victory: Monokuma does his characteristic laugh, puhuhu.
Defeat: Monokuma explodes without dealing any damage.

Skills

White Skill: Its… PUNISHMENT TIME!
True Damage
Monokuma chooses an opponent to punish, dragging that opponent off-screen with a metal claw for 5 seconds, dealing X damage when they come back. The punishment has a special effect depending on the chosen enemy role:

Tank: The enemy is dealt 100% of their armor as extra fantastic damage.

Damage: The enemy is automatically KO’d if they have less than 30% of their health.

Support: The enemy is dealt X extra normal damage per buff on the enemy. This deals 50% more damage if the enemy has at least 1 stack of hardy.

Control: The enemy is unable to debuff any ally for 9 seconds after the punishment.

If the battle is in auto, Monokuma chooses support role enemies, if there isn’t any, he chooses the enemy with most HP.

Green Skill: Seesaw Effect.
Normal Damage
Monokuma jumps on a loose hidden floorboard, pulling the farthest enemy forward and dealing X damage.

Blue Skill: Meat on the Bone
Normal Damage
Monokuma eats a piece of Meat, healing himself X HP and increasing his HP by X. He then finds a hidden iron skewer and uses it to attack the closest enemy, dealing X damage and removing X reality.

Purple Skill: Beary Despairful Bear.
When Monokuma crits an enemy, they gain “Despair” for 6 seconds. When enemies with “Despair” attack Monokuma, he gains 50 energy and gains 30 normal crit for 7 seconds. They also deal 40% less damage to Monokuma. The normal crit can stack up to 3 times.

Inflicting enemies with “Despair” may fail against enemies above X level.

Red Skill: Headmaster of the Academy.
Monokuma is immune to scares and studies and instead reflects them back to the enemies that tried to scare or study him by 50% of their original duration.

When an enemy is scared, they gain “Despair” for 5 seconds.

The study and scare immunity may fail against enemies above X level.

+X Damage to “Meat on the Bone.”
+X Armor
+X Max. HP.

Friendships:

Monokuma and Gaston
Description: Gaston confuses Monokuma with a real bear.
Disk Name: Monochromatic Arrow.

Turns Basic Damage into Armor.

+X Max. HP
+X Armor.
30% of Monokuma’s basic damage is turned into armor. Monokuma gains 20% more basic damage each time an enemy with “Despair” attacks Monokuma for the rest of the wave. The basic damage buff is stacked up to 1 time per enemy with despair. (+30% basic damage turned to armor and 20% more basic damage per star)
Allies – Slinky Dog, Violet and Baymax.

Monokuma and Mickey Mouse

Description: Monokuma hates Mickey Mouse because of hopeful he is, so he tries to make him fall into despair by tricking him to do many activities.
Disk Name: Mousy Seesaw.

Harsher Seesaw Effect.

+X Damage to Seesaw Effect
+Basic Damage.
Seesaw effect now hits all backline enemies and stuns them for 1.5 seconds. (+1.5 seconds per star.)
Allies – Merida, Beast and Baloo.

14 Likes

If I give you feedback you will answer with this images like Djaq did? :eyes:

7 Likes

Okay, I know nothing about Danganronpa, but I absolutely LOVE the way this concept is designed and explained. It does look a little OP, but I mean, it’s just a concept, so who cares??

And seriously, what website do you and Djaq use to do those sorts of dialogue shenanigans?? They’re so awesome!

I actually got inspired by him lol

2 Likes

:joy:

Great concept! Very creative!

11 Likes

7 Likes

I LOVE THIS! I love this seeing this amazing strike of creativity in concepts. Keep doing amazing stuff like this, it’s so refreshing and fun and so inspired. Just awesome! :+1:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Pair of Desbear :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ll just pretend I didn’t see that

I absolutely love this skill. Especially the punishment for control role heroes. Very unique :ok_hand:

I will…

Makes sense. After all, Gaston is all brawn and no brains.

Mickey’s already crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10/10

12 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney