Challenger Seasons Going Global!

Thank you to players on servers 1 and 2 for giving us your feedback on Challenger Seasons. We are ready to release it globally! The first step in this process is to increase the limit on the number of people who can be in the Challenger tier of Arena and Coliseum. We are doing this in anticipation of the next season starting on Monday.

Please note: The minimum number of players to start Challenger Seasons is 200. If the server reaches that number before Monday, the season will start on Monday at 9PM CT. If the server doesn’t hit that number before Monday, they will need to wait until the next season to start.

1. We’ll be doing a server restart at 11:30 AM CT today, March 20. This will increase the cap for the challenger size.
  2. On Monday, March 23, we will be turning on Challenger Seasons for Arena and/or Coliseum on those servers that meet the 200 minimum. This will happen just prior to 9PM for those servers only. Those servers only will get the persistent timers.

Read about Challenger Seasons here.

Edit: Updated the information here with the new plan

4 Likes

What exactly does this mean actually are timers gonna stop if we get bumped out of arena or coliseum

2 Likes

Yes! Persistent timers means you no longer lose time if you’re bumped out of a promotion slot.

2 Likes

@Polaris Is anything going to be done about making the other Mod Upgrades available to all players, regardless of rank and level? As in, the other Upgrades which were supposed to be only in Invasion, the same Upgrades which were supposed to be released back in February but due to some inane, inexplicable reason, were moved to Challengers exclusively?

I mean after all, feedback was wanted, I should only hope that it actually be taken into consideration, like what this announcement somewhat appears to do

6 Likes

I’m so excited to get Tron and the other mod upgrades!:partying_face:

Abran notas del parche esta semana o la otra ???:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Does that mean other servers can get tron for season rewards as well?

Just to clarify:

• The next challenger season will start Monday, March 23rd at 9pm CT.
  • Perpetual timers will not go into effect until Monday, March 23rd at 6pm CT.
  • The cap on the number of people allowed in challenger has increased to 200 starting immediately.
  • Any server that doesn’t manage to get 200 people into challenger before the season starts will have to wait 4 weeks until the next season starts.

Did I get all of that correct?

2 Likes

@Polaris what will happen if Coliseum reaches the 200 players needed but Arena doesnt?
on s22 Platinum I Arena doesnt even exist, it is unfeasable to fill the 200 Arena spots in a weekend

Yes, Tron will remain in the challenger seasons rewards for a few months.

It looks like the cap on the number of people allowed in challenger has not yet be raised (technical issues we’re working to fix this morning), but all the rest is correct!

The Coliseum will start seasons but the Arena will not. They are independent systems, so one can start without the other.

1 Like

I saw on other post that rewards will be based on your ranking when they are sent, not based on highest ranking in 24hr? Is this still true? Or does it change somehow?

Don’t worry too much about that - based on the season we’ve had on S2, your ranking is unlikely to change significantly in Challenger throughout the course of <1 day. The difference in rewards per place is minimal.

Yes.

^up But it may change, and receive less diamonds, difference might be not HUGE on single day, but after a week… month you can feel difference.

Does this affect other leagues as well? Or only Challenger?

Ok, slight adjustment to the plan.

1. We’ll be doing a server restart at 11:30 AM CT today, March 20. This will increase the cap for the challenger size.
  2. On Monday, March 23, we will be turning on Challenger Seasons for Arena and/or Coliseum on those servers that meet the 200 minimum. Those servers only will get the persistent timers.

I apologize for the confusion, but we ran into an issue late yesterday and we’ve had to change our plan a little bit. I’m going to update the top post with this information to help cut down on confusion.

I agree, my ranking in both Arena and Coli Challengers Seasons varies by 5-8 ranks everyday depending on who attacks when throughout the day. In my current tier, I’ve been between 1st and 4th in Arena daily and between 1st and 9th in Coli daily, that’s a pretty wide range in potential prizes over the course of a week or month.

If you don’t reach challenger now then you have to wait a whole season to try challenger again or can you still promote?

Not clear on this part of it

you can still promote and join in straight away

So one issue i have with the whole point system is the abuse of chars that cant be disabled … And not being forced to use 5(or 15 for coli) characters in peoples defence .
Its causeing an issue where no one is putting real lineups in amd only putting Kevin Flynn as there defence (since he cant be disabled the most points you can get is 1125) and its not very exciting to play

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney