Changes to Contest Task Scoring

Had read the scoring for the contest wrong. My bad.

This way yeah, people in challenger is somewhat advantaged.

Of course buying tokens for real money will count. As it did in the past.

This change does not impact daily quests.

If the task is for spending tokens, it doesn’t matter when they were earned. This change is mostly regarding resources gained tasks. So for this weekend, it’s gain Arena and Coliseum tokens, so any mailbox messages that were delivered before the contest starts won’t count as earning those tokens if the message is claimed during the contest.

5 Likes

Lemme guess, this is supposed to stop whales from getting a head start on the contest?

Thanks for the clarifications. I’m a bit leery of these changes, but I’m willing to see how things play out before making any final judgments.

1 Like

The real question is, how many other things pb is going to break on this new update? We live in update after update, bug after bug.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Basically, we should take it slower.

The changes are good and fair for everyone.
The only thing we kept and was affecting a lot the contest were guild coins.

The bad thing is the new contest of arena and coliseum. Gold is something we see often.

So, basically the higher in rank you are the better daily rewards you get. We can give each other some extra arena tokens from losing purposely, but that’s it.

This isn’t a contest anymore. But just a daily claim and the one’s with most power will win. Which means the big whales/spenders.

We don’t have to over blame them now, as it is a trial contest. But it isn’t a good example to test the new changes of contest task scoring.

Guild coins change good.
Friend exp, as long as it is the same for everyone it doesn’t matter.
This contest as a trial for the new changes. wrong.

Edited: all other mails of arena or coliseum have all an expire timer on mailbox, so changing them wouldn’t affect much the contest results. That doesn’t mean you should make it as it was though. It would be bad to have to start collecting those too

Just to clarify, since City Watch gold and Port gold goes directly to your account and not through the mailbox I assume that it doesn’t count toward the restriction on the rewards earned before the contest?

It isn’t earn gold, so it doesn’t matter.

It does matter for those who mainly get their gold through City Watch and the Port, and in this contest it is about spending gold and not earning gold. So like if I had 10 000 000 gold from beforehand from City Watch and the Port then as far as I read it the gold should all still count.
The change likely hurt the most those who get their gold from deals if I read things right.

Idc anyways with that underwhelming prizes wasting time i will just save my staff for next contest

I don’t see anywhere any change for gold except of the friend request. So. I don’t think it matters where and how long you had the gold.

1 Like

I think it will only count gold you earn from City Watch battles you fight during the actual 72 hours of the contest; any gold you’ve earned from City Watch today, or before the contest starts tomorrow, won’t count, if I’m understanding the changes correctly. As for Port, since you get Credits that you then redeem for gold in the Marketplace, I’m not sure if you have to battle/raid the Port or just redeem the Credits during the contest for that gold to count.

@Polaris, can you confirm or clarify?

1 Like

I think gold from deals might be effected in this paragraph.
"Items and resources collected from the mailbox will no longer count towards Contest gain resources tasks if the message was sent before the contest began ".

1 Like

The task in this contest is to spend gold, so it doesn’t matter when or where you earned it, the points are for spending it.

The changes outlined in this post are for tasks that give points for gaining resources or items.

My mistake, I hadn’t read the scoring rules closely enough and was thinking it was about earning gold.

I see I think and thanks for clarifying it :-).

Was slightly unsure what meant for gold from gold deals, but seems like the gold from deals before the counts if it is spending yeah.

Also thank you for trying to help me and yeah, thanks for calling Polaris :-).

Here we go already.

Edit: Some people mentioned yesterday’s deals were random. I suppose today’s deals are not.

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney