Changes to Contest Task Scoring

So…if we are in challenger in Arena or Coliseum, we do not earn tokens for successful defenses…makes it sort of a disadvantage in contest scoring

5 Likes

It’s a game, but it’s also a business. The bottom line will always be that Dolla Dolla Bill Ya’ll.

I’m at a disadvantage already it seems. Contest starts at 7:30 pm for me while I get the daily rewards from arena and coli at around 7:30 am. So I will lose those token points on the first day of contest. Does anyone else had the same situation where you get rewards mail before contest starts?

4 Likes

The rewards daily also sorta make up for the defenses

1 Like

Don’t like this change at all.

5 Likes

And If you look even more carefully you will realise it’s about spending, sorry wasting, diamonds on extra attacks in PvP for extra coins.

1 Like

Just take the contest as: “Who spends the most gold wins”

Honestly PB, give me a double campaign drops and I’m in.

2 Likes

Its pay to win now.

4 Likes

I guess now Guild contests that relied on team work and everyone saving Merc Coins together are now 100% based on cash spend during the W/end…

6 Likes

Thats the worst update since a long time.
Before low spending players could get some points in contests by being patient and hoarding stuff until the contest comes. Now its probably only possible to come in top places when you buy token and stuff for much real money.

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Yes, I’m expecting them to roll in hourly.

I honestly can’t remember a contest like this the focus is usually on spending tokens so I don’t see how these changes make a difference except for this new challenge if they start selling arena and coli tokens then this is absolutely absurd and quite frankly ill b spending my money else were

1 Like

this is just… not good for me at all as a F2P oh well not like I participated in most contests before

1 Like

I think the increased daily token awards will more than make up for that disadvantage in 99.999% of cases.

Contest starts at 10am for me while I get the daily rewards at 10pm. We’ll both get the daily rewards three times during the span of the contest.

1 Like

Absolutely, the European players are generally in disadvantage. Not for the first time.
American based company PerBlue never cared about that.

6 Likes

I made calculation, most players in Challengers should complete the contest just by claiming the daily rewards during the 3 days, the difference is the gold each of us can spend :thinking:

3 Likes

Sounds pretty unlikely. They wouldn’t bother putting the gold scoring if it was this easy to get to 1M

Everyone will get the daily arena/coli awards three times during the 72 hours of the contest; I suspect the contest start/end time is 12 hours away from the arena/coli award time for everyone, so any advantage should be minimal.

2 Likes

That’s not at all true. The higher your arena and coliseum, the more you’ll score, an incentive to try to promote. Also, the amount of gold spent will differ greatly from player to player. All this does is say that saving 2 weeks worth of arena defenses isn’t going to help you.

It was easy to get well over a million points from friendship missions alone during the last contest, without hoarding or using mission speed-ups, yet there were still multiple other ways to earn points.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney