Character Concept: Flik, The Pesky Inventor

Kinokan here! I am back once again for a new character concept. As spring is right around the corner I thought this would be an appropriate time to bring out the bugs. Specifically Flik from Disney and Pixar’s “A Bug’s Life”.

Together, even the smallest, can achieve the greatest goal.

Flik is a backline damage hero who uses his admittedly haphazard inventions to wreak havoc and create an annoying amount of chaos.

Flik walks onto the battlefield in his backpack harvester armed and ready to unleash mayhem.

Flik celebrates victory by launching seed stalks that act like fireworks in the air.

Flik when defeated has his harvester flip him backwards off screen.

Flik attacks enemies by throwing rocks at his enemies.

Estimated Stats at Lvl 80 P3 3*
HP: 21k
Basic Damage: 4100
Skill Power: 900
Armor: 2400
Reality: 800
Normal Crit: 115
Armor Negation: 80
Conservation: 20%

BD: Basic Damage
SP: Skill Power
SL: Skill Level

White Skill: Seed Launcher
Flik flings seeds using his harvester at his enemy hitting 6 times against random targets for 230 + 15SL + .5BD Normal damage. In his rush Flik accidentally loads other things in his harvester including stalks and berries. Berries do 25% of the damage of his seeds but also slow enemies movement and attack speed by 45% for 3 seconds in an area around the hit enemy. Stalks always critically hit and stun the enemy hit for 3 seconds but count as 3 of his projectiles. Stalks and berries have a 20% chance each of being loaded and can only show up once each.

Green Skill: Dew Drop Telescope
Flik puts together a blade of grass and a dew drop to make a telescope. He then uses this to study the back most enemy and aims his basic attacks and “Seed Launcher” to focus them down. Flik can use this skill once per wave and the effects are lost when the targeted enemy gets knocked out.

Blue Skill: It’s a Bird!
At the start of the fight Flik blows his horn to call out his greatest invention, The Bird! The Bird than proceeds to hit enemies 4 times over the course of the match. The first hit at 15 seconds, 2nd at 30, 3rd at 40 seconds and the last hit at 45 seconds. The first and second hits do 650 + 45SL + .75BD Normal Damage. The third and fourth hits do 50% damage but also have knockforward and knockback. The Bird swings Right to Left, Left to Right, Right to Left and Left to Right. Reverse on the enemy team.

Purple Skill: Proper Equipment
Trial and error has provided ample experience to be prepared for every situation. Flik is immune to blind and reduces all disables and debuffs used on him by 25%. Immunity and reductions reduced by enemies Lvl X= SL+41

Friendship Disks

DL: Disk Level
DS: Disk Stars

Lvl 111 Dash
Other Allies: Mr. I, JJ, Woody
More Than Meets The Eye
Basic Damage 250 + 55DL
Dew Drop Telescope can be used 1/1/2/2/3 more times per fight. Each subsequent use gives Flik 10/20/30/40/50% (10%DS) stacking attack speed.

Lvl 113 Hiro
Other Allies: Baymax, Genie, Stitch
Controlled Chaos
Armor & Realty 425 + 35DL
“Seed Launcher” has a 5/10/15/20/25% increased chance to load Berries and Stalks. Berries also slow for another 15% and Stalks stun for another .3/.6/.9/1.2/1.5 seconds.

If you enjoyed or have any questions about this concept feel free to ask below. If you did enjoy feel free to check out my Super Post to find more character concepts like this.

Kinokan’s Character Concept Super Post

8 Likes

Good 2 see u back online with ur concpets @Kinokan. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks @Drone_IX!

Might I ask your thoughts on it?

1 Like

I have 2 say, the skills r really well done.
The friendships r wot make me like disney heroes & seeing Flik having friendships with Dash & Hiro is very cool.
20190313_065725
Dats just my opinion. Great work @Kinokan. :+1:

Srry 4 the flashing image. :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: Ayyyy! There we go. :musical_note:So wot can I say except, ur welcome!:musical_note:

1 Like

Awesome I’m glad you like it. These were the easiest friendships to make out of all my concepts so far.

Dash I feel would be along the same lines as Dot from the source movie as far as relationship with Flik is concerned.

Hiro would be the two of them geeking out over each other’s inventions and learning from one another. Very much as rivals and still keep a sense of camaraderie from their love of technology.

1 Like

@Drone_IX your image is gonna blind me…or hypnotize me… Which did you want to happen?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@Kinokan funny I was thinking of this character for the game quite a lot recently. All in all, I think the concept is great. :+1:

One thing I cannot help but wonder about though…for the white skill. You say there is a 20% chance that Flik will either shoot a berry or a stalk. He only shoots six shots, and a stalk takes up three of those.

So this means that he only has 20% chance per shot to shoot a stalk, but only has 4 shots? Hmm i am bad at probability sometimes, but that doesnt seem like great odds. So, is it possible a friendship that increases the number of shots instead??

Idk that is My opinion. Love the concept, that is just my observation :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Champion_David-

As for how the skill works I see it working like such. I imagine as the skill is cast the game will roll all the shots before it actually fires. Lets call each of these shots A, B, C, D, E and F. When the skill is used it rolls a random number between 1-10. 1-6 will be the regular seed, 7 and 8 will be Berries, and 9 and 10 would be Stalks. Because Stalks would take up 3 slots, Shots E and F can not be a Stalk. So say we have a shot pattern of A5, B3, C6, D8, E1 and F2. Shot D will be Berry amd the rest are seeds. Say next time A rolls a 10 meaning it is a Stalk. E amd F will be force onto a 0 meaning nothing will be shot. This means you will at least get 4 shots off. The latest a Stalk can fire would be on Shot D meaning E and F in truth only roll a number between 0-8 but two 0s are availible to be rolled. Think of it as a 10 sided dice with 2 sides being blanks.

This ensures the sense of it being randomized stays in tact while having some sort of balance to it. Obviously this gets thrown off a bit with Hiro’s disk but the premise remains the same for the most part.

Hope this explains things well enough!

1 Like

Dats ur opinion my friend. wink wink :wink:

1 Like

Your image blinded me for a couple of seconds and I’m using night shift mode…

Tone it down just a bit lad :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t know how, but I’ll try. Thxs 4 the tip :joy:

Late to here like always, @Kinokan Nice character!

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney