City Patrol Contest Feedback

tenor

Whether this contest will be worth it or not really is going to depend on scaling of the points.

If comitting to CW and getting your heroes hired is enough, then it might be a goodish new addition.

If diamonds are necesarry, then it’s going to be a massive dissapointment. Certainly cause FTN would be friday after…

4 Likes

This already makes the contest more exciting in my eyes… only thing I feel left in the air is that there should be better rewards more than a normal contest :thinking:

Interesting. I hope the rewards are worth it.

4 Likes

I’m very glad to get some variety in contests, so I’m looking forward to trying this out.

Ummm… Not sure how I feel about that, actually. We’ll see.

Especially since it won’t be restricted to Epic difficulty, this is a welcome part of the contest.

Whale guilds will still have an advantage solely through the guild coins earned through purchasing deals, but otherwise guild activity and size are more important than power in determining who gets more points, so I’m OK with it.

… Just, why? There’s already a contest dedicated to diamond (and stamina, but mostly diamond) spending every three weeks. We really, really don’t need another contest requiring diamond expenditures.

This is an interesting idea, although it’s disappointing that three of the four heroes that can be used for points are among the newest half-dozen or so. At least Elsa can be useful in City Watch.

Good to hear; with the lack of new Guild Contest perks and the willingness of PerBlue to delay or skip Guild Contests in the regular contest rotation, I’ve been concerned that they were going to be phased out. This gives me some hope that they’ll be sticking around.

5 Likes

@Loutre with it being a guild contest, it would be very nice to have the end rewards be similar rankings to the individual contest with tiers with the top 10 earning higher rewards before 1%. With most servers, the same 3 whale guilds get the rank and there is no incentive to push as you are locked into 1% if your guild is good but not whale great. If rewards were better 4-10 or 4-5 at minimum, i think you would see every server have more incentive to try for those better rewards and a lot more activity.

8 Likes

So hopefully with this being a new thing we have a new hero as contest rewards :wink:

It’s time to replace the Swedish Chef

@Loutre i hope 4-5 6-10 can get prizes also and not just the 1% prizes as mowgli has mentioned cause it would really give guilds more incentive to try and push

The contest seems interesting and I think a poll can work.

How much has this contest caught your attention?
  • :star::star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star:
  • :star::star:
  • :star:

0 voters

How easy do you think this contest is?
  • :star::star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star:
  • :star::star:
  • :star:

0 voters

This poll is preferably when the contest ends

Would you like to see this contest again?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes)

Um, why is this not spend gold? I feel like we haven’t had that in a longer time than we’ve had spend diamonds, which was during the most recent Fortify the Network before this previous Arena/Coli contest, that also didn’t have gold as a scoring option.

3 Likes

If this is an individual contest, it’s the kind I would ignore with no qualms. As a guild contest, I feel compelled to participate at least nominally.

City Watch at Hard isn’t reliable. If it were, I’d run Hard for the contest at least for the keys and raiding tokens. But it’s too easy to come across a Dash, Magica, Maximus, Pleakley/Barbossa, or whatever other random instant death combo the top 25 whales are beating each other over the head with these days and have my reset (that I really do need for red skills) wasted.

Resets burned that don’t at least indirectly lead to keys and red skills are just a waste once you’re trying to upgrade red heroes towards yellow.

In terms of City Watch and help overall survivability and chance of success I recommend Wall-E with his Kevin Flynn disk and Sully with his Woody disk as they are really helpful in City Watch. Wall-E with his Kevin Flynn disk can be really helpful in City Watch and as he lets you stack 2 energy bars, basically stacking White skill attacks 2 times.
Here is an example kind of while you don’t see the second bar indication here you can see that I have first made sure every not-in-combat character has at least 1 bar of energy on before starting on the tough part in City Watch. (Note, picture is from a little while ago I am at Yellow now and have Swedish Chef upgraded).

While not necessarily as Wall-E probably, but still really helpful in City Watch is Sulley with his Woody disk as it heals up the team to full health at the end of every battle, so yeah this means that you always start with full health between fights.

In other modes however they probably aren’t as good as their stats are low compared to newer characters, but can be toolkit characters as in nice backup character to have if needed like in City Watch where they shine the most :-).

Minnie is also a good character to have to counter powerful new characters, as Minnie charms them and make them attack their own team and buying you time.

Hope these tips can help you some in terms of City Watch Legio_X :-).

1 Like

I appreciate the bad advice.

Not really bad advice per say, like I rarely have to reset City Watch and mostly get through both Hard and Epic City Watch :-).

I am in the transition to upgrade to newer characters as well, but yeah while it might take me a fair amount of tries I usually do clear City Watch fully whether Hard or Epic.

So it is real advice, especially as far as having saved up energy for backup characters even if just 1 energy bar/White skill activation :-).

1 Like

It’s bad advice. At best, it was relevant 18+ months ago.

If you want to run Sullivan–and I do run Sullivan–then Ralph’s disc is your only choice. If Sullivan gets stunned or frozen, he’s dead–even with a maxed out red skill, he doesn’t have the health or innate damage mitigation to survive Elsa, Kristoff, Mr. Big, Shan Yu, etc. Woody’s disc doesn’t trigger when Sullivan is dead.

If you want advice to help with Hard or Epic City Watch, pair Gizmoduck (La) with Basil and Jim Hawkins. Once the darts start, they won’t stop until the wave is over.

Build up Joy (Ol), Kevin Flynn (Ba) and Linguini (MP). You’re going to need all three when you’re facing the Cheshire Cat at 245 Y2.

Bring Angel, Megara, and Jim Hawkins along, because resurrection is your counter for the team in the 3rd district that includes Mulan, Quorra (Bu), Wasabi, Kermit, and Magica (Me) all at 245 Y2.

Wall-E has low health and less damage. With either disc, bringing him along for City Watch is tying an arm behind your back.

Minnie’s fine if she survives long enough to use her white skill and your opponent isn’t immune to disables.

Tron or Stitch (Ma) will help with the 6 or 7 teams that include the Beast.

The contest is still terrible if you actually need to get tokens and skill chips from City Watch.

Not bad advice per say if you have the option to have more than 15 characters good, but Sulley and Wall-E are toolkit characters as in that they do have pretty good skills regardless of level.
They are more so the optional side characters that aren’t bad to have at the disposal if they can be helpful.

And to say, I am a F2Per so I can’t change characters all that often.
I am getting Esmeralda up now for her Team Speed Increase and do have plans on getting a new Damage character when one I would like to have gets released.
Beside that, I technically enjoy some strategical challenge, so that my characters are necessarily the newest isn’t something I am too concerned about as long as they offer a lot of tactical diversity which I find interesting :-). (I am trying to get newer characters still though, just takes some time due to being F2P).

But yeah, we should probably stop discussing this here and let the conversation be about the new contest type and not about City Watch strategies :-).

Interesting and good to hear

Don’t know how feel about this Becuase you know some players work and can’t be on game 24/7. But gives potential for maybe an invasion type contest later on.

Just no bueno to this… too many contests require diamonds. For a guild contest, rather it be gain and spend guild influence, donate things to guild members, etc; especially if daily gems from logins and videos aren’t increasing.

But good to hear you guys experimenting with new contests, gives hope to changes maybe down the line us passionate players ask for.

1 Like

Really? I hate this one. Havent we spent enough in FTN contest?

Will there any indicator that shows us which hero earn extra point in this contest? We have different timezone so it is not easy to tell which day it is to use right hero

About the required score and rewards, we can only wait until contest happens to know. I just hope thing wont be as disastrous as the very first server contest

In case you dont know, the 1st tim server contest introduced, NONE of our server got 4th and final progress rewards. Some didnt even get 3rd rewards. And Perblue had to give them all to ALL players for free, after a lot of complain and badmouths…

Why do you guys make everything so long ? 3 days was already too long but I understood it cause most ppl have more time on the weekend. But 6 days tho?? Pvp challengers is a whole month long, surge is 24 hours, and codebase runs up to 4.5 minutes…can’t anything be short and sweet?

Aside from that, can we stop the cap on the amount of points we’re allowed to earn during a contest? It’s a contest… You don’t get to say "work your tail off for extra “rewards”…and then turn around and say BUT you can only score x points for this item in the contest. Kinda defeats the whole purpose to me.

Just set everything at a fair rate and then there won’t be any need for pointless caps. Instead you make more work for yourselves by saying unlimited points for 1 diamond at 30 pts each, and then you can score 80 pts for each diamond up to 600 times. What on earth is the point of that? Just set it at 50 pts unlimited or whatever and be done with it.

And for the love of all that is holy, please tell me you guys put some thought into new progress rewards? I guess the rank rewards arr pretty decent but we’re all sick and tired of the awful progress rewards.

6 days is too long, but if the progress rewards and end of contest rewards are improved, it might be worth the effort for 6 days.

so… we will have a 6 days contest which involves spending diamonds, 1 day break, and a scheduled fortify the network contest next weekend?

that’s 9 days of spending diamonds over the next 10-12 days, let’s hope the contest rewards are improved this time

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney