City Watch is broken!

Does anyone else feel like City Watch is completely broken? I have fully advanced badged R4 level 155 heroes and I cant even clear easy much less super hard. It is completely impossible. This needs to be fixed for the game to even be playable.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. Im using R4 heroes completely leveled and being completely slaughtered. No matter what combo I am using. Ive been sitting in the 4th tier for hours. Its happened for 3 days in a row.

3 Likes

It’s certainly not impossible—but that said, it is completely an unbalanced game mode. The difficulty is ridiculous and if you reach chapter 4 or 5, then you’re facing teams that are 20 levels ahead of you which causes many of your own team’s skills to fail completely. This is the really unbalanced stuff that we have to deal with.

BUT.

BUT!!! It can be done. But the key here is to pick your battles.

Like maybe you should avoid CW when:
-Enemies have increased damage
-Enemies are immune to disables
-Enemies increases Skill levels
-Your team is 50% slower
-Something similar to the above:

If you see those Wards, just click raid for 7 days.

Wards that are easy to overcome:
+Enemies have more HP
+Enemies start battle with shields
+Your team does less damage
+Something similar to the above.

Those are the days you should fight.

But yeah, nothing is easy. Even when you do “Easy” mode, it’s really tough. But I do hope this helps out a little.

5 Likes

Very well said @Aurora_Veil ! Those are great tips.

Two tips I, myself, picked up from another forumer from a while ago is this:

Make sure you unequip all Friendship disks on your top 5 strongest characters, as the power and levels of CW are dependent on them.

Once you reset CW, feel free to reequip them.

Of course, you wanna make sure you level up/ power up your characters BEFORE you reset CW; if you power up your characters during CW, so too shall the power of your opponents.

With this trick, I was able to fight level 108 teams as a level 120 player.

(Be warned that sometimes a singular Red, very high leveled character can sneak in - although to be fair, that might be just my fault considering I always forget to unequip Rex’s Disk from The Queen of Hearts)

Another thing is that you should build up the energy of certain characters early on. The Mad Hatter, Animal, Gonzo, Joy, Merida (provided you have Barbossa with Tia’s Disk, and that the Ward for the week doesn’t get in the way of Study strategies) are some characters I recommend.

They can save your team in a pinch if whatever team you’re using for CW runs into a roadblock.

If you want to be healed at the end of every battle, make sure you have Woody’s Disk for Sulley. Also give him HP Mods with Armor Upgrades.

One thing to note if you’re using characters you normally don’t use so as to fill up the Collection, the character must be alive in order for the battle to count; what this means is that say Yax, for Healer’s collection, has 49/50 battles done. You bring him to the very last battle, only for him to die, while other characters on your team survive. The battle will not count!

In order for a battle to count towards a Collection, the character must survive, regardless if their team members finish the battle without them.

Note: Found the link! The forumer was @Kakabbage and this is their guide which has helped me immensely.

3 Likes

Agreed on all points. This seems so wrong that you have to use such high levels on your characters in order to get through City watch even on easy level. You should be able to go in there with your low-level characters and still be able to get through it but you can’t. Unless you use your highest level guys you cannot get through Easy lvl City Watch it’s ridiculous. You should be able to play with your lower level characters on easy and still be able to get all the way through four and five but you can’t. It’s ridiculous.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney