City Watch power matching took it too far?

I’ve been raiding my city watch for the last week and I just started a manual hard run cause of the contest but the second area boss is someone with more than double my power strength. I just want to know if this is normal or what, I thought the power matching is based on the top five heroes I have, but the fact is that they are nowhere close to my level.
And please nerf bunny & ducky

6 Likes

That doesn’t look right at all :sweat_smile: usually I can’t stand people complaining about CW difficulty, but this seems like a totally nonsense matchup.

Since City Watch pulls teams from Coli, I’m wondering if that players’ other 2 lines are incredibly weak and therefore skewing his power…? :thinking:

@Polaris can this pls be checked? There’s surely no way this can be a legit matchup :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Agree totally outta sync

City Watch has gotten ridiculous since the last update. Like @Pipsqueak I usually don’t have time for complainers but now it has gone way too far.
My biggest issue is (and always has been) the way enemy levels, not power, are completely over the top. I usually opt for a team based heavily on disables. Today I faced enemies that were level 235, that’s 100 levels higher than the server cap. There is no way any of my stuns/freezes/silences are going to land.
At least when the power is jacked up it’s still possible to work around it strategically, but when the levels go that high you may as well just remove the skills of most of my characters.

Just logged in to post this myself

Fully maxed level 135 RO team totalling over 413k power. My top 5 toons total 267k power and are O4-5…
And this was in the second region of an easy CW

I totally agree with you guys!
But five words
JAFAR THE OBLITERATOR OF TEAMS!!!

@Markus_Ashe, @Hero_Happy_XLIII what server are you both on? I’m wondering if it’s a server-specific bug

I’m in Server 11

I’m on server 5

hmm, well clearly it’s not then :joy: hopefully PB can figure it out

We are looking into the City Watch matchmaking and have some planned adjustments in the 1.13 and following updates.

5 Likes

Bump. My team level is 125, and I’m encountering this on City Watch NORMAL diff at 1-2

I’m lv 111, and have to win against a team lv 135 full red, Jack Skellington with Red Skill, how you do a contest asking to do CW battles with this happening…

Well at least you can get to the last area :joy: ,
The poor guy above you was in his first zone

2 Likes

Ah, we found a bug with the matchmaking and are working on a fix.

6 Likes

I found this R0 Felix as well but poor Felix even at R0 was easy to defeat, but if was a Bo Peep or Ducky & Bunny i won’t even get to the last part…

That’s good to hear :smiley: I figured something had to be wrong with these.

Do you know if it’d be possible to resupply an extra reset to those who were affected? Normally that wouldn’t seem necessary, but CW is an important & themed part of this weekends contest :stuck_out_tongue: since they are now consumables, this seems like just the sort of thing that switch was intended for.

4 Likes

Is not more easy make a system like the Invasion team generator but getting out of that pull the creeps and leave only the infected version of the heroes?

Yeah, the timing of this one stinks with the contest. We’re talking options - we want to make sure players can try again on the City Watch.

3 Likes

Great to hear that you’ve found the issue.

I don’t normally like asking for freebies or begging for compensation but given that CW is one of the best sources of gold and disc power (not to mention tokens) we have lost out on quite a lot over the last few days (I always complete it on super hard but today I barely managed to scrape through on normal).
This happening at the same time as a contest where points are earned by winning CW fights as well do make me think that a good will gesture would be appropriate.

For reference, check out the hellish team that I encountered at the end today (believe me, there were plenty more as bad as this on the way):

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney