Closed Threads

Can I ask then, what the forums are for?

1 Like

Am I allowed to spam a thread I disagree with to get it shut down? That’s what I feel happened to my thread. It was a perfectly reasonable thread that asked questions many people were hoping for answers for. I don’t think I should be punished for someone’s misuse of the report button. I don’t remember any being flagged at all actually, but perhaps there were a couple. I’d have to go look.

1 Like

On that, I will say that you Loutre as the main Community Manager can help cultivate the forum be a democratic place in the sense of fair treatment, like giving heads-up first :-).

The power is in your hands Loutre as the main Community Manager, use it to cultivate a friendly and democratic atmosphere here in the forum :-).

7 Likes

If you do this then you will be silenced/suspended. I read all of the reports and did not feel that someone was misusing the report button in regards to the deals thread.

5 Likes

I don’t plan to do this. It was a hypothetical question to understand the mechanism in place. Sorry if that came across poorly.

Good to know our voices don’t matter, and deals will continue to be unfair.
Very nice.

Just sad to watch these changes out of nowhere ruining the game and taking away any kind of fun.
Deals unfair, tons of resources which was accessible easily via deals (basically ONLY via deals) don’t appear anymore, so good, and it’s impossible to get deals below $20, wonder why…

5 Likes

The forums is meant to be a friendly space open to discussions/feedback. I would like this to not become a place with negative/toxic arguments between other players and to make sure everyone feels welcome.

5 Likes

Tried that. They close them down without so much as a response.

I do not feel welcome. I do not feel like I can ask any clarifying questions. I don’t understand why. Generally I try to be levelheaded and reasonable, but I don’t feel like I receive the same in return.

2 Likes

Not the reason that the thread was closed. As I stated, the deals thread was closed as it received many reports and it was becoming more of just arguing and name calling with other players which is not appropriate.

I am not always able to comment on everything which is the case with the deals. The team is aware of all the feedback we have received on it, but I cannot expand more than that. Your voices do matter and are being heard.

5 Likes

This was the response to that.

1 Like

I don’t see any recent help tickets with your Forum’s game ID, but this is the automatic response you get when you first send in a ticket and before a staff has seen it.

It’s the ‘conversation closed’ part of the second screenshot that is most worrying.

1 Like

I will say that I did follow through with Loutre suggestion to go to support. Elliot is the person taking my information. I outlined my thoughts and expect to here back from him at some point today. He has already replied once because I accidentally closed the ticket :joy:

I found your tickets! I see that a staff gave a very full response with all the information they are able to provide on November 8th and let you know that they cannot give more than that so closed out your tickets accordingly. I can let that staff know to give a reminder to read previous tickets and not close out immediately, but otherwise this appears to be fine.

2 Likes

Yes! Elliot goes to me with these, I give responses/discuss with them and they respond. I do not usually have time to answer tickets so it usually becomes a discussion with Elliot while other things are being done.

2 Likes

I have to go focus on the patch release now so answers may be later if I can answer them.

Loutre, I have to tell you that I have had Elliot work on my tickets over probably the last two years on a variety of things. He is always respectful and nice, even if it’s not something he can help with or do anything about. He always has a courteous reply that makes me feel heard, even if that is all he can offer. Elliot is amazing. Just need everyone here to know.

5 Likes

They did give me their logic, yes. But nothing has changed. And they swerved the real issue.

The response ignored the question entirely. The question wasn’t about WHAT was being offered, it was the rates at which things were offered. So whilst highly professional and courteous, it offered no insight, unfortunately. A point I tried to make on a few other occasions, which was met with a ‘conversation closed’ every time.

These are simple facts. I do think the ‘deal’ situation is unfair - charging people twice as much for half the merch, in my eyes, is unacceptable.

There is no point arguing about it, really. It is what it is.

But to use the other chap’s analogy - if you went to a shop and the person in front of you purchased 330ml of fizzy brown potato juice for $1, you’d feel aggrieved if you approached the counter looking for the exact same deal, only to be offered a mere 165ml for $2.

Maybe it’s just me?

I agree Waffles. Elliot has always tried his best and been respectful when dealing with my issues. Even when there was nothing he could do

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney