Completely invulnerable Maui in this week’s Breaker fights

Invincible Maui is fixed, now!

5 Likes

Do you have energy-stealing heroes that you could use in the fight? The most promising yellow-team heroes for the task look to be Robin Hood, Gothel, Winnie, Maleficent(Ur), and Finnick(Ju); I’m not sure which non-yellow-team members would be effective at stealing energy during a yellow week.

Failing that, assuming you’ve defeated everyone else and are just left facing a Maui with over 1000 energy: have you tried putting a couple of weak heroes up front for Maui to use his white skill on, draining his energy so you can damage him again?

The issue is that a lot of players aren’t familiar with how Maui becomes invulnerable to damage, and thus don’t know how to counter him; I’m not sure what the team can do about that without undoing the buffs that made Maui usable for the first time in years.

EDIT:

Is there any way you can tell us what’s been done?

2 Likes

Maui now went from Hero to Zero thanks a lot :unamused: He was a hero that was able to stand up against heroes that take buffs… now you just take his Courage and boom he insta dies :unamused:
While you are at it change Baymax because he is “to powerful” there are no heroes like Shank or Timon or others to counter him

5 Likes

What have you done?

He is again horrible…

3 Likes

Good good. That’ll get it out of my system in the Friend Campaigns.

2 Likes

Maui need to weak a energy to removed.

1 Like

If he was at full energy, he wouldn’t take any damage due to skill 1, and I think there was also a problem with him casting that skill at full energy.

3 Likes

No… he isn’t supposed to use his white skill if he can’t KO enemy, it’s literally on skill description.

And now he dies and does nothing. :roll_eyes:

Current value is way too low, it’s almost as it was before refresh.
22.5% per 500 energy would be better.

And potentially remove him from friendship campaign in next update

For 100th time… energy can be removed.

3 Likes

Do we all get the same Surge defenses? That Maui was not invincible in our guild. IMO players should be more tolerant of working through challenges. It was nice to turn over the apple cart and have a new, old hero. I assumed that was the point of these patches.

I’m just putting this out there. If I had a say, it would be the re-adjustment is overkill. Find something in the middle/closer to the former adjustments.

Side note: I have not been able to clear several trial levels with Maui. If it were invulnerable I do not think it would get knocked out as it does.

4 Likes

No, it’s different per guild, at the very least it was like that.

and it looks like pb will forget and ignore players, well played, we wasted resources on Maui!
Didn’t even bother to send a notice anywhere… somewhere…

2 Likes

For 100th time…

SHIELDS can be DAMAGED OR REMOVED.
ENERGY can be ONLY REMOVED.
Do you see that difference? Energy removal simply isn´t enough to justify using that gimmick in the way Maui did.

And for those starting with “but you can add a weak enemy”. Oh yeah, because if you need 3 stars in a stage, that would totally be usable.

4 Likes

@Samm I like the 40% and I think to help the issue maybe add more damage reduction per star to the Moana disk so that it doesn’t hinder campaigns :thinking:

7 Likes

And consumed by the hero itself.

It’s like saying Reality Buff isn’t enough to protect against Fantastic damage.
There are 40 heroes which removes energy.

Introducing: summons

Would leave Genie disk behind so far, both disks should get that, or if not, then better 1 disk than none, since at the very least Maui won’t be useless.

3 Likes

How many of them can even compete with meta, you explicably don’t mention. :slight_smile:
And Maui might take them down before they do anything, cause low HP. Wonderful.

5 Likes

So why does Maui get nerfed for him not being able to die but yet Pete still exists in which he can not die when we had quick wins? :thinking:

2 Likes

He has 7 seconds to do this and then it expires without having to spend energy to choose the hero.

Basically, Maui has 2000 Max Energy. And only a very few heroes who the King Removal Energy (Mother Gothel; Bolt; Basil;…) can beat his durability. Others rarely or cannot. Imagine if new players didn’t have them. They won’t do anything and then (delete) because it’s too hard :chart_with_downwards_trend:

2 Likes

How do you kill Pete to get a quick win then? :thinking:

2 Likes

051923e2d49a8f85f5bb611971c5d23e

was removed. :skull:

2 Likes

He worked on Maui… not Pete.

Now Maui dies by the wind.
And it’s impossible to kill Pete (Mr) in the first 7 seconds, not really it matters.

2 Likes

Yeah I already said I knew that… but I’m saying before that why didn’t they nerf Pete so people could actually get a quick win

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney