Completely invulnerable Maui in this week’s Breaker fights

There’s plenty of heroes that can stall a fight past 7 seconds; I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to defeat a red-skilled Hades in less than 10 seconds. And there’s a huge difference between not being able to get a quick win and not being able to advance in a mode.

I don’t particularly like the idea of nerfing Maui just because some players don’t know how to counter his unusual invulnerability, but I’m also not sure how PerBlue could effectively educate its players on ways to counter it. What really galls me about this nerf, though, is that it virtually puts Maui right back to where he was before the buff, as a tank who’s too fragile to withstand being that far out in front, but who’s unable to do much good if he’s not right in the enemy’s face.

If this was some sort of intermediate step as PerBlue explores ways to make Maui tankier without causing players to just throw up their hands in surrender as soon as they encounter one with 1500+ energy, I could accept it. But apparently that’s not the case.

4 Likes

If new players or low power is the problem then they could make his damage reduction part of his enhanced yellow badge. That wouldn’t affect early campaign and friendships

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney