Cosmetic Levels have Ruined the Game

I have enjoyed playing this game for the last 2 years on S21. Its unfortunate to say and I am not alone in my sentiment but the game has been ruined by cosmetic scores. The individuals that bought high amounts of cosmetic crate deals early on now sit at the top of all the charts while those of us that would buy them if available are left to slowly obtain them in a slow trickle of contests and prize-walls. For me the game has no longer been enjoyable because of this element. The contrast of formerly competitive players like me with a 280+ cosmetic score to a 1000+ cosmetic score is just too much too overcome even with synergy and a great team. It makes the game no longer fun to play.

Thank you so much for making a great game that has been a fun time for the last 2 years of my life. I hope you can think about correcting this for others before it dampens their experiences like mine.

12 Likes

@Tilarta that’s not what they were talking about. This thread is about the cosmetic levels/boosts you get, not cosmetic crate drops.

7 Likes

That is true 100%
I am okay with mod can make a different skill
but cosmetic crates is the worst ever feature in this game

5 Likes

There’s no issue there, it even said it’s a reward, without that cosmetics will be useless.

And somehow people with level 200 can beat people with level +800… build better team.

Besides there are plans to expand this as said in roadmap.

And it’s way too late do anything, people already spend tons of time and money for that. Bye.

5 Likes

Ive seen a 200 cosmetic beat a 1000 a decent counter still.counters. this is a nonsense excuse.

2 Likes

Yup, trust known whale Musk to defend literal pay-to-win mechanics.

3 Likes

If you want to achieve no idea what and fail and then try to steal from others then you don’t have much to look around here.

And players with low cosmetic lines beat players with high levels, upgrade heroes or do something…
Being so upset and calling others won’t help you. Never.

I will say, one should be allowed to give feedback without being shutdown for trying to give feedback, even if emotion filled feedback.

We players should be allowed to say what we want without being shut down, it could prevent valuable data for PerBlue to learn from which is an unfortunate thing in my view.

Giving honest while civil feedback should be encourage in my view, that way we can learn more and have healthy discussions that could lead to valuable feedback as well as just being interesting discussions overall :-).

7 Likes

Mine is only 196 and ive never ever had a problem… Sorry but to me it sounds like your team isn’t good enough and or you don’t know how to counter! The cosmetic levels are no issue at all…

4 Likes

Personally, I think it’s unfair that players who were active in the game before cosmetic crates were introduced can have a tremendous head start on those who’ve had to rely almost solely on crates for their cosmetics, and would like for the game to add some way for players to earn the same cosmetics that could be earned before the change. Other than that, I don’t really think cosmetic levels have made a huge difference in the game; every week I have to face teams with cosmetic levels 500-600 higher than mine in arena, and with rare exceptions I find some way to beat them.

Not that I expect this to be an accurate survey, but I’m curious anyway:

I feel that the bonuses from cosmetic levels are:
  • too strong!
  • about right
  • too weak!

0 voters

My current cosmetic level is:
  • under 200
  • 200-400
  • 400-700
  • over 700

0 voters

What may have cause the idea that Cosmetic levels have ruined the game is that Whales usually are able to have higher cosmetics levels.

AND

Whales have the opportunity to upgrade a great amount of heroes, get their disk upgraded soon, have mods done, red skills maxed, etc.

So it is more like correletion than cometic levels being the cause for the high power. Only correlation that Whales buy (guaranteed) cosmetics crates, gain higher level AND are able to buy other stuff that gives them that advantage in battle. Correlation, no causation.

1 Like

Agree.

1. It doesn’t matter, challenge level isn’t everything.
Well of course, because everything has counters and weaknesses. The point is not that people can overcome a challenge disadvantage. The point is that the heroes have 50-100% more stats than your heroes.

1. It’s hard to undo what people have paid for, but PB should definitely nerf the bonuses. A player’s hero can have 100% more stats, 30% more healing & energy gain, and 15% more attack speed than another player’s hero. 15% more attack speed is a +3 mod!

Imagine the damage does Bolt with double BD and double SP!

That’s ridiculous! Even 50% isn’t heard of. Most games have either a 0% difference. I can’t even think of a game that has a similar mechanic to challenge levels.

1. It’s good that PB is going to change or expand it. It needs fixing. Most games make money off of actual physical cosmetics, not stat changes - and this is not even how players spend most of their money.
3 Likes

My secondary account:

One of my arena opponents that I beat:

3 Likes

That’s a terrible team, though. Throw Mary plus whoever at it, and they fold like a cheap suit.

Duh.

There never was a problem.

Terrible?

just out of curiousity, can the cosmetic level exceed 1000?

i have seen enemies with 1000 cosmetic levels in surge before, but never seen anyone over 1000

Sorry have to disagree on the grounds that some people will complain about literally everything. I mean bad deals yes but if a 200 can beat a 1000 cosmetic then this whole arguments over rated.

2 Likes

I personally think the battle badges and the cost and not making it accessible to.all is worse as is not making it easier for f2p players to max red skills. That argument fair enough but cosmetics never

1001, but PB plans to increase the cap.

jealously from their side.
pretty sad.

good team synergy is all needed.

actually, it’s hard for everyone
way too many hero and skill chips are required.

PB doesn’t listen, it’s a year and nothing was changed.
Joy still has useless BB.

The methods of activating BB, and some other bonuses also need changes.

1 Like

Overall, the way the Cosmetic Crates and the time (!) they were introduced made for a huge disadvantage all across the roster.

And I am a player who had the taste of the “old system” for over 9 months. Kristoff came in April 2020.

" (Update 1.17)
The new way to get Cosmetics

First of all, you get to keep all of the cosmetics that you’ve earned in the game so far (hero emojis, hero avatars, misc emojis, badge avatars, avatar borders, and costumes).

However, when the feature releases, the new way to obtain most cosmetics will be through Event Crates. This includes cosmetics that were previously unlocked by:

1. Hero emojis unlocked through Friend Levels
2. Hero avatars unlocked by upgrading heroes to purple rarity
3. Badge avatars unlocked by getting heroes to their rarity

New Cosmetics will be even easier to obtain - just open a Cosmetic Crate! You can earn Cosmetic Crates as contest rewards or you can buy them in recurring sales. Any duplicate cosmetics you open will instead grant you Reward Level points that directly increase your Cosmetics Reward Level."

The bold thing is what made the discrepancy. That part should have stayed as was, at least a part of it.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney