Current contest this weekend

I’m confused about the current contest. To get points we either have to spend gold or badge tokens, or clear infections. As usual, there are two lines for each type of points, one with a limited amount. Usually, that limited amount grants a higher number of points (spend 250 gold for 1 point vs spending 500 for 1, for example). However, in this contest the two lines for badge tokens are identical and the one that is limited (usually for higher points) does not supply the typically larger points. Each line is spend 1 for 1…even the limited line.

Is this contest just different or is this a mistake?

4 Likes

The diffrence is in the amount u got to spend for that one poin for gold, but agree with you that the limited gold spend should be more points then 1 point. And it is strange for badge bazaar coins to be the same with limited and non limited for a point as well

Definitely seems broken. I didn’t notice the points were the same for both lines (1 point) or I would have just focused on gold spend. That’s what I am doing now to try to rank higher.

1 Like

They are trying to design the contest so you have to buy the deal to succeed.
Virus locations respawn too slowly and nobody can accumulate the amount of gold or badge tokens required, in the time allotted to make it accessible to f2p.
Unless you hoarded a ton of supplies, something they have continually used as an excuse to make things harder, there is no possible way a f2p player can make it to 1mil points.
Luckily I had some virus things leftover to use and a ton of badge tokens I was saving but I am still unsure I will make it to 1mil.
It’s getting worse and worse as time goes on

3 Likes

This contest is a joke

1 Like

I did end up buying the deal and I still feel like I’ll be missing the prize with the Basil chips. Ugh. Thanks all.

I’m f2p and I did make it to a million points. Here’s how:

I did have the badge bazaar tokens saved up. However, I only had about half as many as I needed because the temptation to spend these is always high…even though I was trying to hoard them.

I only had about 50 virus locations to kill instead of 80, but that’s a good chunk.

Then for the rest of the points, I just spent too much gold. How? After having to spend a lot already to keep up with the new level cap, I didn’t seem to have enough gold. So, I sold some experience potions, since I know I won’t need any for a while since the level cap was just recently raised. Those sell for a ton of gold, so I had no trouble making up the rest of the points for the contest by spending gold.

1 Like

I deal with the temptation to spend Badge Bazaar tokens by… never going to the Badge Bazaar. Although, to be honest, about a month ago I did buy a bunch of badges to promote a hero that needed it fairly urgently. The only reason I did that was because I thought (mistakenly) that PerBlue was going to stop including badge token spending in contests.

But even after spending something like 300,000 tokens for that one hero, I still started the contest with over 300,000 tokens. It’s been so, so long since the last badge token contest, I’m sure everyone has had a chance to save up at least 200,000 tokens, and probably quite a bit more if they were really determined.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney