Dev Q & A - September 2023

How did this game come to be anyways?

1 Like

Can you please add Oliver & Dodger (Oliver and Company characters)? Been waiting 5 years :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Well, it certainly got our attention that for sure.

The same would probably be said for Inspector Gadget as well. Huh? Considering how obscure the good ol detective is.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply, which is actually pretty much what I would have guessed, but it’s nice to have confirmation. :smiley:

Since it looks like there’s not a lot of questions being asked about Emerald right now, I hope it’s OK if I sprinkle in a few more comments on other game areas, without expecting any sort of answer or reply in this Q&A, with one exception:

Is there any chance of getting a few more refreshes and stat buffs for the newest patchable franchises when the new patch season starts? In particular, as people have pointed out, the Incredibles franchise is very ill-suited to take on the newest OP heroes, as they don’t have much in the way of buff removal or protection against Reflect, for starters.

2 Likes

But even at Red10, I am struggling to complete level 5 with the heroes I have
So I will never get any essence to help me get more essence :frowning:

2 Likes

As a light sensitive person, I wonder if a proper Photosensitivity Sensitivity option could be added as a toggle option in the settings?

There are a lot of flashes in the game, like with Zeus attack wise and badge crafting wise, so it would be great if people like me could tune those sudden flashes down :-).

6 Likes

The Weekend Trials need to be “nerfed”. It’s bad for the new players to not complete even the first level with some Red+10 enemies. Can you please tell us more informations if this is going to happen or not?

The Weekend Challenge Trials were meant to be a challenge! They are there for some extra fun and rewards if players wanted to challenge themselves. We’ve heard a lot of feedback in the past that trials can be too easy, so we thought it would be fun for players who find everyday game modes too easy, to have a fun, challenging, and rewarding trial event every once in a while.

4 Likes

If can suggest something… It would be nice if Mercenary cost could be aligned to the formula for Surge District gold payout :wink:

I know it’s now roughly half the hero power which is way too high.

3 Likes

What are your favorite things to develop and create about the game?

4 Likes

We pitch a lot of heroes to Disney from their various IP’s. Disney Classic Movies, Disney Jr, and TVA are just a few places we pull inspiration from.

5 Likes

Thank you for this feedback!

• I agree that there is still a clear need to give more dynamic power to Heroes with Emerald Rank. That was a core goal for us with the Feature.
  • The launch version of Emerald Stat Tiers didn’t hit the mark but we’re definitely looking into other ways to use these to give more power to Heroes that need it.
5 Likes

A ‘lighter’ question for the whole team -

What were your personal favourites for the ‘Emerald’ Colour & Name, out of the poll options available to us?

Were there any other ideas that didn’t make it into the eventual polls?

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My dream is to make Heist a limited-time event game mode! We’ll see if we can fit in a QoL for this mode, but no promises it will be this year. We are working on trying to get out as many QoL improvements as we can!

11 Likes

I do agree with that… but it would be nice if the earlier stages had heroes not refreshed.

I assume there is a way to assign some value to refreshed heroes and not refreshed heroes in matchmaking.

It’d also be nice if such matchmaking was for lower districts of Creep Surge (say 15-27).

4 Likes

I have a thought :)

Spending Stamina thousands of times will always be short on one bit and very redundant on another. So, Is there any way to rebalance them?

Most wanted: Merlin’s Bag (bit)

2 Likes

Last thing on the Roadmap is challenger season rules

I understand why you introduced the “higher power difference” rule, to eliminate 1 hero defenses due to the removal of time bonuses

But this should really be changed to “power difference” so that if the attacker is weaker than the opponent, but still manage to beat them, also gets rewarded for using skill and knowledge.

It is really infuriating beating a defense double my power, and not getting any benefit for finding that “right” hero ti make my line stronger.

Please consider this

1 Like

@Verilla, have you Hero Designers ever had difficulties on some heroes? Which hero was the funniest to design so far?

2 Likes

Hi GERD! It’s nice to hear from you, thank you for this fun question! As a developer, I love being able to create and enable features that make people happy. As someone who grew up absolutely strong LOVING Disney & all animation in general, I’ve always wanted to be able to facilitate the same love, nostalgia, and excitement that I had (and have) growing up. Being able to provide new content, such as Emerald, to allow players to compete in new, diverse, and dynamic ways is really empowering and fun! I love being able to also facilitate the implementation of new characters too.

Especially given that different people love different types of heroes and have different relationships with them, I love the feeling when players get a player they adore into the game and seeing that be a mode of fun, excitement, and joy for people. I’d say those are definitely a few things I love about this game and developing it. That’s why I appreciate and respect the feedback we get from all of you, because it means that you love this game and its’ concepts as much as we do, and that’s awesome.

Stay cool!

3 Likes

Hello! My question is not related to Emerald but just putting it here in case there’s a quick answer for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

The Stamina Consumable only have “Use 1” & “Use 10” options. Is there a plan to also implement the “Use X” button here like the other items?

When we can no longer Power Promote due to lack of Gold, we can’t use a lot of Stamina Consumable immediately and it’s tiresome to press the “Use 10” multiple times (this is when we buy deals with a lot of Stamina Consumables). And we would like to use it before the 24 hour bonus runs out so there’s a time pressure there.

Appreciate for taking the time to read this and hope this can be considered in future development. Please excuse if this has been discussed before and I may have missed it. Thank you!

4 Likes

Was there any characters considered or planned? I was wondering if any planned characters were planned for this game.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney