Dev Q & A - September 2023

Welcome to the September 2023 Dev Q & A! We’re here to answer your questions LIVE from 11 AM CST - 12 PM CST today. Today we’d like to focus on Emerald. To get the ball rolling on those changes, we’ve already put together a few adjustments based on common feedback since the rarity’s release that will go out with 5.4.

Here’s who will be answering questions today:

@Samm: Community Manager
@TheGrillFather: Product Manager
@SixTwoSix: Dev
@The_heroes_tale: Dev
@Verilla: Designer
@PBLudwig : Designer
@NanoNuggie: Designer
@Halo_Pineapple : QA
@Djmaster_III : Producer

6 Likes

Hello devs!

13 Likes

Hello everyone.

Can you consider removing skill points and stamina caps?

Also, can the F2P players be given more recognition and value?

Based on what I calced… F2P player can barely get 1M raw stamina in 4 weeks between cap raises… yet one can buy 4M premium stamina (=264M raw stamina) for %
$30 on server 1… :confused:

8 Likes

Hello all, and thanks for hosting this session. Yesterday’s update threw all my previous questions out the window, so the only one that comes to mind now is: Will only the Subclassed secondary stats increase as heroes get promoted up Emerald ranks, or will there still be some badges granting increases for some heroes? E.g., if I set Chip & Dale’s subclasses as Normal Crit and Armor Negation, will they ever get any increase in Crit Damage or Tenacity, or will those stay at their current levels for the rest of Emerald?

4 Likes

Would be nice if some badges got manually added some secondary stats as before.

6 Likes

I can’t think of anything obvious to ask anyone yet, so I’ll lurk until I do.

Pls pass on a :wave: to @Polaris !!

7 Likes

That pretty much solved all issues in my eyes, really satisfying it happened that fast too! As long as it will happen as said on patch notes…

The only thing I could suggest, is giving some of the weaker heroes possibility to get 3 Secondary Stats from Emerald, instead of 2. Looking at heroes like Basil, Sarah, Flik, Mike…

7 Likes

In the redone version of Emerald to be updated with the next patch, all heroes are going to be tier 1. is this a removal of the tier system or just a placeholder to see how everyone is effected by the subclasses?

4 Likes

Can you consider removing skill points and stamina caps?

Also, can the F2P players be given more recognition and value?

Hello! We are looking into a handful of Quality of Life changes coming up after Emerald adjustments from feedback, and we are looking at Skill point and Stamina caps. We have a few guild perks going live next week that address some of these concerns for the short term!

We appreciate all our players! We’ve started adding in more surprise promo codes and trying out different trial event types.

8 Likes

First of all I hope all of you at PerBlue are doing good :-).

Curious, when when was the Emerald rank first starting to be conseptilized?

Was there any other concepts for the Emerald rank other than what ended up being the final version?

Thought it could be fun to ask :-).

4 Likes

With the changes in 5.4, will the “base” stats from Emerald tiers remain the same?
Or are these being adjusted on Tuesday?

2 Likes

We seriously need more hero refreshes, stamina and HERO CHIPS.

When do you guys intend to fix them? The situation now is horrible

And with the franchise in game is limited, will you guys plan to circle back in the future to continue Talent?

Is there any change with end of the month war rewards? I got total trash this month after so much hard work, it is horrible

EVERYONE HATE SKILL POINTS. REMOVE THEM

Could Team Trial drops be scaled? They are useless now

Pls increase the limit on how many gold crates we could buy at one. 10k is not enough. 1000k is better or at least 100k

3 Likes

So the Yellow QoL that we knew for eons now is now officially Emerald QoL then? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

It can be possible having a little more refreshes from Patch Season 11? Almost all the others need at least a slight buff…

5 Likes

What made you get the idea to consider putting characters from Miraculous in the game?

3 Likes

The trials are too difficult for newer players to get the rewards, it really makes us demotivated :frowning:
Could you please consider adjusting lower trial levels to add patch essence and crates?

4 Likes

Considering they aren’t all full disney… it is curious. Did disney approved this?

1 Like

So the Yellow QoL that we knew for eons now is now officially Emerald QoL then?

Nope! We will dedicate time for a Yellow QoL-- it has just been pushed back as we wanted to get Emerald out this year.

6 Likes

That is unfortunate to hear :frowning:
Megabits are way too difficult to get

4 Likes

Could Team Trial drops be scaled? They are useless now

I could take a look at them as we work on other QoL changes!

7 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney