DHBM: Saved?!

Like many of you I find Costumes frustrating. But Prince Ali and Vacatio Genie are back in this new crate!
Marking the first time a costume has become Available outside of contests or after the costumes specific month!

For me this really reassures me that they know what they are doing and are on the path to fixing the issues with this game.

4 Likes

I 100% disagree with that. Sure, it’s great that they move costumes into a new place, but costumes are like the least important problem the game has right now. It is far less important than other issues, like Invasion giving terrible rewards or all hype for the next update immediately dying upon reading the patch notes. Yes it shows they can listen, but it only shows that on one of the oldest and least annoying issues out there.

11 Likes

Personally, I would much rather have enough gold/xp drinks/stamina to upkeep my main 5 then costume threads. While I would really love to be optimistic, it’s plain as day we aren’t seeing a decrease in the amount of grinding, and until we do, there’s no calling the game “saved”.

8 Likes

The diamond price for those crates are terrible to say the least. People collect costumes just for fun, it shouldn’t be that expensive

Moreover, I have Genie’s costume already. I don’t want to buy those crates with 50% chance of having the costume thread, and not Aladdin’s one

If they let us choose which costume thread on these diamond crates, I might consider. But as of things now, no thanks

2 Likes

IDK always seem to have a good amount of all of those. And no I’m not a spender. The Costumes (Up until The Invasion Rewards Nerf and 1.10 patch notes) were my biggest problem

I’m an advocate for a generic costume thread and each person can choose which costumes they want to unlock instead releasing one specific costume a month.

2 Likes

Then you clearly aren’t a high level yet. I’m at level 110, and I can’t even keep my top 5 up, let alone a top 15. I’ve pretty much given up on coli because there just isn’t enough resources to go around. And trying to get another hero up to snuff so I can change my team is out of the question. But on the bright side, Frozone is the coolest control, even if he’s the most useless. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Lol you Clearly need to try harder. I’m in Plat 2 and I’m level 104 only 6 below you I can keep my Top 8ish up. Maybe it’s because I got a Top 20 guild, Maybe it’s because I play everyday for at least 3 hours, or Maybe it’s something else but you Clearly need to try harder.

Harsh much? I’m also a Plat 2 at level 104, but I struggle to keep up. Like you, I don’t spend, but I guess your guild being 10 spots higher than mine makes such a difference that you must have forgotten about the daily grind.

Not everyone has 3 free hours a day to play games. The players from this game range from young tweens with too much Fartnite in their systems to fully grown adults who just play because they love Disney and RPGs. Obviously, most of the adults have jobs to do during the day. (But also this game doesn’t have enough to do for 3 hours besides waiting for your stamina to refill.)

Clearly, we all need to just calm down and not take things personally. I’d rather not have to try to play the pacifist for an internet fight… Or any fight in general… Please just be nice…

6 Likes

You’re right.

Fortnite gets a bad rep from all the idiots that play it. The Game (Not the majority of it’s fan base) is actually really good and complicated. But that is beside the point.

Nope the daily grind is still difficult but I don’t have a problem with that.

3 Likes

Wait, did you just say Fortnite is complex? Puh-lease, it is practically the most simple game ever, not to mention repetitive. I can tell you how half of all games you’ll ever do will go. First, ya drop down and find nothing good, and then complain about how everyone around you got amazing weapons. Then, you run like a coward, trying to dodge their bullets, and end up hiding in a bush/house till they get bored and run away/die. Then, ya realize the storm is near your butt, and run for your life. Then ya find a great gun, and as you rush to grab it, you get sniped. Btw, this is based on my experience in Fortnite for a few months before I realized that it was just the same doodoo with a slightly different twist every time.

Honestly, if you had swapped Minecraft for Fortnite in that, I would have believed you. Minecraft is a pretty good, complex game, that gets trash because of its community. Fortnite is a boring, simple game, that gets old after the first few games.

Maybe you think complex means it has many tools? “Wow, it has like 3 variations of shotguns, and all of those have different rarities! Man, this game is so complex!” Complexity isn’t just many tools. It needs to have more than just tools to be complex.

Now, i know this will probably start a war or something, but I think Fortnite is a bad game. It’s boring, repetitive, and overall pointless and not fun.

5 Likes

Really, the whole battle royale genre is. Excluding the Tetris one, of course :wink:

1 Like

LMAO. What? Maybe U need to try harder or play smarter. Ive been plat1 for a month, currently in 10 spot, been playing 6 mos, and I’m lvl 104. Wasn’t even lvl 100 when I got there (and I spend money only on the daily deal, which is minnow size). And I have to say that I agree w/ eavesdropper. The gold drain for abilities especially. It gets very difficult at higher levels to try to change up your team. It’s hard enough keeping the team u have tip top. That being said however, I don’t think it’s any worse than any other moba game out there. Drop rate might actually be better than most, though some of those upper tier badges are pretty deep so they still take quite a while.

It’s great that you’ve got a great guild and all, but not everyone does, and not everyone can play all day. How bout working smarter, not harder? And think before criticizing so harshly.

2 Likes

… so you’re not caught up. But you said you were? Please don’t insult people who are being more honest about their experiences.

1 Like

I’d be more okay with trading my extra hero chips for a reasonable number of threads for costumes. The crate seemed overpriced and a risk that you may not get what you needed if you already had a costume.

Maybe even switch it to generic threads so you could use them on any costume you wanted, rather than having only a few for different characters.

You clearly haven’t played in a long time they have complex Variations of the plain simple repetitive Battle Royale.

I never said I was fully caught up. Oh and sorry I wasn’t trying to insult anyone. I’ve always had trouble realizing if I’m being to harsh.

Why so rude to people on the forum? The point of the forum is to meet new people who play the game that might have differing opinions. The point is to learn off each other and get better. Not be rude. And I agree with the gold skill cost. I’m level 114, in plat 1, and can keep up a great top 8 and a decent 15 but it is costly to keep them up (and I have about 15 million gold right now). Even just leveling up two heroes’ four skills cost over 1000000 gold. And while the costumes are fun, I agree that they aren’t important. (Also fortnite is terrible)

3 Likes

Oh, yes, variations of the battle royal theme. That completely changes everything… not! Variation does not equal complexity. I do believe I stated that earlier…

3 Likes

I agree with TSK about Battle Royals. It’s the some old thing over and over, with minor variations like having a team or… whatever else fortnite has. I dunno. The only battle royal I would ever play is Tetris 99, since it’s not just a direct clone of something else.

And to stay on topic, yay for mod effects being doubled, boo for invasion rewards being ground into nothing.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney