Disney Channel/Disney XD/Disney Junior updates

Honestly, that one remark where “Disney should forget about Asha and Wish”, is harsh at best.

Definitely forgotten.

I did like Treasure Planet but do you mean 2010 Alice in Wonderland or 1951 Alice in Wonderland

That version.

1 Like

What?! That’s a classic

I seriously doubt that Wish would be forgotten.

It’s a milestone, it was to celebrate Disney’s 100th anniversary along side Once Upon a Studio. If Asha is not a princess for the box office, it would have to be for the significance she brings.

1 Like

What Jake said, the 1951 ANIMATED Alice.

I mean, I actually love her meet-and-greet appearance at Disney Parks! :smiley:
Definitely looks a lot like Asha!

Big City Greens The Movie Spacecation comes out in 4 week and Disney Channel just posted another episode of Big City Greens on YouTube

If anyone saw the season one finale of Hailey’s On It, I cried and now the world is doomed

How is the world doomed? :thinking:

If you saw the end of that episode you will know

They showing three movies on Disney Channel first Big Hero 6, now Ferdinand, them The Lion King (2019)

Happy Birthday Goofy

4 Likes

Happy birthday Goofy :birthday:

In the classic era, Disney had some unorthodox standards for classifying a film as failed.
Alice in WL cost 3milion to make, but only earned 2.4 million in the initial box office sales.
When the movie was released again theatrically in 1974, an additional 3.5 million was earned.
That’s a win in my accounting books.

Treasure Planet cost 140million, earned 110million.
Close enough, but I guess Disney didn’t see it that way.

Wish earned 255 million, cost 200million.
Somehow, that equates to a loss of 140 million? :confused:
There were many factors contributing to the failure other then monetary, which is ultimately why the movie did not succeed.
So my vote is for Wish to be forgotten.
As a business strategy, I don’t think it is wise that Disney continually try to market Wish/Asha, because if the strategy fails, they loose more money on unsold merchandise, etc.

I think in terms of character appeal, if the character is not engaging enough, then they won’t be good enough to include or feature again.
Asha doesn’t have enough of an engagement factor to make her worthwhile.

I did see Tangled’s series.
I got the impression that the only real advantage Raps had was her unbreakable hair, which she lost at the completion of the series.
I vaguely remember Adira giving Rapunzel a quick defeat, so against an experienced fighter, even magical hair is not enough.

That movie may have tanked but it was to celebrate Disney’s 100th Anniversary

2 Likes

Ah yes, Happy Bday to everyone’s favorite Shield-wielding Guardian of Light!

Next Monday Big City Greens is doing a road trip marathon on Disney Channel and Disney XD leading to the premiere of Big City Greens the movie Spacecation on Thursday June 6th all Memorial Day weekend they showed a movie and cool episodes and summer episodes along with movies on Disney Channel; On Saturday it was Ice Age last night it was Ice Age The Meltdown and now they’re showing Frozen 2, they also showed Phineas and Ferb and it was at 11:30pm which annoyed me

I am aware that Wish was for the 100th anniversary, unfortunately, that only makes this situation worse.
Since Wish was intended to celebrate/commerate this occasion, that should have been the best movie Disney produced, not the third worst (2nd worst animated).
100 years from now, that is what will be remembered.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney