Disney's 100th Anniversary

Once upon a time, a man by the name of Walt Disney left his home of Illinois with nothing but a suitcase and a dream.

A century later this very day, Disney’s dream was nothing short of a world wide phenomenon. Making awe-inspiring movies, TV shows, and theme parks that has wowed the world over, Disney continues to capture the imagination of the young and the young at heart. It had it’s ups and downs, laughs and tears, but overall, Disney has shown us that if one opens their hearts and wishes upon a star, dreams do come true.

So, happy 100 years of wonder and may they have many more to come. :clinking_glasses:

16 Likes

I saw once upon a studio last night and it was emotional

2 Likes

Same here. This is way bigger than smash ultimate, and avengers endgame.

1 Like

And bigger than that Warner Bros 100th anniversary special Teen Titans Go! hosted

Just out of curiosity, what did the Titans do to celebrate WB’s 100th anniversary

They made an episode where Cartoon Network characters and Warner bros characters all celebrated Warner bros 100th anniversary. Basically once upon a studio with warner bros characters and it’s hosted by teen titans go.

Happy 100th from my favorite Disney character!

Who agrees that Disney’s the Goat?

3 Likes

I agreed!
I’d serve 100 slices of cake, to celebrate 100 years! :cake:

It was great that all the Princesses were in the short except Merida

^Giselle was also absent for some reason.

Because Merida is Pixar, and this only focused on characters made by Walt Disney Animation Studios.

I assume the same reasoning applies here as well. Since Enchanted was partly live-action, it was made by Walt Disney Pictures instead of Walt Disney Animation Studios, and all of the characters in the short were originally created by the latter studio.

2 Likes

I know that and I find it funny that Merida is the only Princess from Pixar that didn’t make it in the short because of the studio she’s from plus it was good to see characters from every Walt Disney Animation movie from Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs to Wish

Well of course plus Giselle isn’t even part of the Disney Princess line up but if it was just animation without no live action, she would have made it in

Kind of upset about the lack of roger rabbit characters in the short, but I would just assume this had to do with Spielberg

Either way, I loved the appearance of obscure characters like bedknobs and broomsticks, the whole cast of TaoIaMT (minus Winkie), and of course the random shorts characters (three little pigs, skeletons, big bad wolf, the blue car, Ferdinand, Pedro, etc)

2 Likes

Yeah that sucks but to be fair I was glad to see a lot of characters from my favorite movies

I agree! Better than Warner bros 100th anniversary.

Warner Bros is trash now ever since they merged with Discovery but I did like that Teen Titans Go! special

1 Like

I loved Once Upon a Studio. It was a great combination of hand drawn animation, CGI animation and live action and it touched my heart. I was glad Tom Hulce reprised his role as Quasimodo and I loved when everyone sang When You Wish Upon a Star.

1 Like

Or it was made by Touchstone and not Walt Disney Animation Studio

To be fair Who Framed Roger Rabbit had cameos from Disney, Warner Bros, and other animation studios and if that movie was Walt Disney animation studios he would have been in it but it’s touchstone which is still Disney and everytime I watch this movie I keep thinking it’s Warner Bros but I know it’s Disney

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney