Eda Nerf please?

Eda needs a nerf, she makes invasion near impossible to go further on wasted over 1000 invasion stamina trying to beat her solo and it’s not working still.

2 Likes

My problem isn’t the damage she does, but that she keeps dodging everything again and again and again. Even Dante and Shego don’t stand a chance against her.

1 Like

Eda doesn’t have enough weaknesses. She needs a nerf like minimizing her shield when she casts “Protected by Magic.”

1 Like

Eda doesn’t need nerf.

2 Likes

Wdym she doesn’t need nerf? She is too op and needs a nerf to something.

3 Likes

Dante needs more of a nerf

3 Likes

True. And Kuzco. I’ve lost too many battles with a powerful member left and him, and I lost because he never gets hit…

1 Like

Honestly she really does, she didn’t need a buff in the first place. Considering she is able to make or break a whole hit with her mere presence, I’m normally one to call for nerfs as they become unusable, but eda is a problem and it’s a odd that you would let your personal biases get in the way of reality.

5 Likes

She isn’t a problem. People always complain for first few weeks and they forgot. No changes are necessary.

Biased blindness is for real.

Maybe if you attacked in war you’d noticed how broken she is. But I’ve never seen any of your attacks :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

People who comment something like “yes new heroes are always OP but everyone forgets about them later” are partially right. However, hard to explain why all of the new heroes are that broken. Previously, you had to at least invest into that new hero to make a significant impact, let it live enough to do impact or do insane damage like Zeus at the start. Now, you don’t need this. Get your Dante red or Eda yellow and you’re fine. They do (or reflect) 100x damage compared to emerald5 maxed heroes. Fair, for sure, no nerf needed. :sweat_smile:
There was a moment in this game when it was nearly perfectly balanced when your strats mattered and you could win vs opponents using meta heroes. Now if you don’t use new broken heroes - good luck. Only Tron is helpful and even him is useless in many cases.

3 Likes

Hello! We have pin-pointed that hero balance is something the game is lacking right now, and unfortunately with the way refreshes went about last year, there is much to fix that cannot be done overnight. This of course, has put us in an uncertain spot with the balancing of new heroes.

We recognize these issues, and while we did have to put hero balance on the back burner for now to focus on game performance, it’s still a high priority for us to tackle as soon as possible. With over 200+ heroes in the game, we plan to release balancing in batches, and once we have more info to share, we’ll keep you updated!

1 Like

I mean, it would be at least nice to nerf disks and red skills to some normal values for few heroes…

like Eda, Rose and such (basically those buffed in last three patch seasons with refreshes), at least a bit.
Because rn if you don´t use Eda, Rose etc. against lines with the same heroes you are almost exclusively screwed.

1 Like

These were good, so many changes, older heroes returning to being useable, and now nothing the excitement is gone, the last 3 patch seasons had 0 refreshes!

2 Likes

you mean older heroes being borderline OP?

but we don´t need that, I want EVERY hero to be USEFUL. Not OP or tragically bad. And sadly the constant refreshes did not achieve that. Each succeeding refreshes made all precedent refreshes borderline useless.

And @TheGrillFather while that meant players raised multiple heroes, F2P players resorted to just raising one or two most broken heroes to pass trials somewhat. Which was bad and wasn´t the correct course for the future.
On the other hand, stopping it also made a rather bad decision for the stability… cause we are back to the situation exactly before massive patch season refreshes, just with a different roster of heroes.

3 Likes

I hope for your guilds sake that you don’t attack during war cause if you can’t see that she is a problem, then its not good for your guild for you to be hitting in war.

It’s kind of funny that she was manageable people cried buff, but she never needed that buff.

1 Like

She always needed that buff.

Let’s just respect the devs as is. What they do to the game, they do to the game. Sure Eda dominates, but every game has its op heroes or weapons. One of my personal favorites is Splatoon 3, and it has op weapons. Unless they aren’t going to do any more update patches, we really shouldn’t be arguing over this.

No one is disrespecting the devs. @TheGrillFather already acknowledged that hero balances needs to be done. This may include or not Eda in their data.

Problem with Eda is that she got buffed at launch because people claimed “small numbers too small, she need bigger numbers”. The same people who claim she don’t need buff aren’t active in PvE (arena, Coli and more importantly, War) modes.

1 Like

If I may put my two cents in: The problem with last year’s refreshes weren’t that there were too many of them, it’s that after a certain point some of them got numbers an order of magnitude greater than the heroes from the previous month, just so they could keep pace with the newest OP hero. For the first half of last year, we had probably the highest percentage of the roster being genuinely good since the game’s first few months; heroes like Baymax, among the first to be refreshed and patched, were still strong six months later.

I’d argue the problem started with Negaduck, although he was (barely) manageable; Pegasus, though, is when the trend accelerated to the point of ridiculousness. I’ll admit it’s useful for new players to be able to beat a Y28 surge district with an O7 Pegasus, but it’s a bad sign for the game’s balance. It also doesn’t help matters that many of the heroes introduced during that time can apply a near-majority of all the game’s buffs or/and debuffs, can remove just about any buffs/debuffs that opposing teams might otherwise be able to level the playing field with, and can protect themselves with invincibility/invisibility/reflect/berserk or some combination of the preceding.

IIRC, you or Polaris mentioned that the dev team had identified about two dozen heroes whose stats were just completely out of line with the rest of the roster, which sounds about right to me; if their numbers can be brought down in line with the rest of the roster (high enough to still be very strong, but not so high that only 2-4 other heroes have a chance at beating them), hopefully that will go a long way towards making a wide variety of heroes useful again and preventing stagnation in Arena/Coliseum/War defenses. And afterwards the team can feel confident in refreshing 8-15 heroes a month as needed to allow neglected heroes a chance to shine and inject some variety into the gameplay.

Like Zeus or Pegasus?

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney