Every 90's kids crush (First hero concept)

Name: Roxanne
Origin: A Goofy Movie
Position: Backline
Role: Control
Team: Red
Stars: 2
Quote: “I already like you Max - from the first time I heard you laugh”.

Description: “Roxanne makes her way to battle ready to charm all the boys in her way”.

Entrance: Walks in wearing a different outfit depending on whether or not she has her red skill and with her father or not depending on if she has her green skill

Victory: Pats her father on the head if he is still alive. Just smiles and brushes some hair out of her face if not.

Defeat: Sits down hugging her legs and cries

Basic attack: N/A (see passive)

White Skill: Dream girl

Passive: Roxanne has no basic attack. Instead she keeps her allies constantly energised causing them to gain extra energy with their basic attacks so long as she is alive and also automatically every 8 seconds charms all male enemies for 5 seconds. The affected enemies are made beserk whilst charmed. Whilst this is happening any female enemies become jealous of Roxanne causing them to be sapped for 5 seconds and take 150% damage from their allies that have been charmed in this way. After the charm wears off the enemies that were charmed are stunned and slowed for 6 seconds.

Active: Roxanne changes into her white dress and blows her allies kisses. Male allies have their basic damage and attack speed buffed by 150% for the next 10 seconds. Female allies are instead granted X skill power and are made immune to charm for the next 10 seconds. If Roxanne manages to use her white skill again before the 10 seconds are up in either case the time is reset. Roxanne changes back into her normal outfit after the skills conclusion.

All buffs from this skill have a chance to fail against allies above level X.

Green Skill: It’s ok daddy

At the start of each wave Roxanne enters battle with her father who moves to the frontline and deals normal damage with his basic attacks and has X hp. Once every 5 seconds when an attacker attempts to attack Roxanne or her weakest ally he intervenes negating the attack , granting the protected character a shield with X hp that lasts 7 seconds and punching the attacker damaging them and knocking them back. Enemies knocked back in this way also damage any of their allies they hit on the way.

Blue Skill: Book drop

(Fantastic damage)

Roxanne trips accidentally dropping a small tower of school books on the 2 frontmost enemies damaging them , studying them and applying 2 stacks of fatigue to each of them. If enemies are already studied from another source they will instead be stunned for 5 seconds. The study has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.

Purple Skill: Popular girl

So long as Roxanne is alive she extends the length of charms inflicted by her team to enemies by 7 seconds. Roxanne and her allies also gain armour and reality every time a charmed enemy damages one of their teammates.

Red Skill: Stand Out

Roxanne now enters battle wearing the white dress blinding all enemies for 5 seconds before changing into her normal outfit.

Male Allies affected by “Dream girl” now deal true damage with their basic attacks for the next 6 seconds after the skills conclusion. Female allies are made berserk and inflict shatter with their basic attacks for 6 seconds after the skills conclusion.

• Max Hp
  • Charm length to Roxannes passive by 2 seconds
  • Skill Power

Battle Badge: Charmed enemies are sapped by Roxannes passive.

Friendships:

Goofy and Roxanne - Goofy wants to take Roxanne on a fishing trip to which Roxanne agrees. Hijicks ensue.

Affect: + Basic Damage to male allies , + Tenacity to female allies , all enemies that have charm in thier moveset have their charm length reduced by X seconds depending on star level.

Megara and Roxanne - Roxanne doesn’t know what to get Max Goof for his birthday so she asks Meg for advice.

Affect: + Skill Power to red team allies , + armour to blue team allies , + evasion to yellow team allies , Roxannes father now applies shatter for 2 seconds with his basic attacks and scares enemies at the beginning of combat for 6 seconds.

My first character concept. Please be gentle.

1 Like

Sorry, but this 90’s kid is gonna have to disagree with you. THIS was my first crush!

1 Like

That’s funny…that doesn’t look like Selphie…

As far as the concept itself goes, it’s mostly okay, but the formatting could be a little cleaner and the descriptions of how each ability functions could be a little more concise.

If you want, you can take a look at my usual concept blank template:

Concept Template
<big>**Name**</big>

**Role:** 
**Position:** 
**Trial Team:** 

*""*

Picture
___
<big>**Basic Animations**</big>

**Entrance:** 

**Basic Attack:** 

**Victory:** 

**Defeat:** 
___
<big>**Skills**</big>

:white_circle: **White Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
- 
- **Animation:** 

:green_circle: **Green Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
- 

:large_blue_circle: **Blue Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
- 

:purple_circle: **Purple Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
- 

:red_circle: **Red Skill: ** (:Fist: / :Sparkles:)
- 
+X 
+X 
+X 
___
<big>**Friend Disk Campaigns**</big>

**Disk #1 - **
- **Partner:** 
- **Allies:** 
- **Level Up:**
+X 
- **Stars:**

**Disk #2 - **
- **Partner:** 
- **Allies:** 
- **Level Up:**
+X 
- **Stars:**

And filling in the blanks makes a concept that looks like this:

What do you think of the actual moveset?

I’ll answer that question
Its actually mostly a good concept for this being your first!

My review is probably lengthy, so I'll put it in here

Determing effects based on the gender of the enemy/ally is a weird way to do it, but it’s actually pretty unique, so good job there

There are many variations of energize, each giving a different amount of energy on basic attack, so you do need to specify how much energy Roxanne’s energize would give

You need a fail chance on this skill as there is no variable to change if you level the skill up
Same with the red skill

That’s not how battle badges work, I’m no expert, but I think you first you need a trigger (E.G: Charm is applied to 2 heroes), a stat buff (+ X Max HP) a lineup buff ( + X skill power for each blue team hero) and a buff that applies when the badge is activated (Invincibility, evasion, negation, etc), if something I said about the battle badge is wrong feel free to correct me

You need to extend the charms length per star level (Example: "all enemies that have charm in their moveset have their charm length reduced by 1 [+1 second per star] seconds.)

How long is the shatter/scare? That would be good for a star level thing (you could start shatter at 1 second and scare at 5 seconds, for example, and increase both by 1 second per star)
Also, scaring allies is not a good thing :eyes:

Will you do concept on max? He was the most major charther in the goofy movie along with goofy in fact goofy s entire skillset is inspired from the goofy movie

1 Like

He’s on the list.

I wanted to lean into Roxannes reputation of being a character tons of boys had a crush on back then.

We’ll say about as much energy as Jim Hawkins.

Added fail chance

I don’t have a clue how the badges work to be honest I just felt the need to throw it in.

Added per star level

We’ll say 2 seconds for the shatter and 6 for the scare.
Typo. Meant to say scare enemies.

1 Like

who is that

Selphie, one of the playable characters from Final Fantasy VIII.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney