Fictional vs realistic villans

All the villans so far have been fictional caracters that would not be able to be found in real life. Then there is Gaston, while he is fictional, he is a villan that can be found in real life.
He is full of himself, takes others for granted, a mysogynist, hates books, and wanted to kill the beast because the beast looked evil.
There are also theories that he is the one who killed Bambi’s mom.
I vote to get rid of him.

3 Likes

Considering he’s already in the game, I suspect that won’t be happening.

4 Likes

Y get rid of him? He is pretty cool, Disney changes the villians a lot & they barely use their real personalities in the movie.

3 Likes

Why in the world get rid of him? Just because he isn’t a laser-pirate witch with an army of hyenas doesn’t mean he’s any less cool as a villain. And as for your quite obvious hatred of him… it means Disney did a good job of making a villain you can root against.
I vote keep him.

10 Likes

100 percent agreed with u @PawpsicleSticks

3 Likes

I am at a loss for words at this post. You find him too realistic and therefore shouldn’t be a part of the game? Not all Disney characters are cartoonish. Disney also has original live action movies such as Pirates of the Carribean and Tron: Legacy. Just because there is a theory of him being the hunter who shot Bambi’s Mom doesn’t mean anything in this game.

So he was responsible for one of the saddest deaths in Disney’s movies, you know who else is the confirmed perpetrator of a sad Disney death? Scar. I freaking bawled my eyes out when I first saw Mufasa’s death. As I’m sure most others did as well. That doesn’t mean I want Scar in the game. He is iconic and well established much as Gaston is.

Just because a villain is good at being a villain and actually has believable characteristics doesn’t mean jack when it comes to being qualified to be in this game. That devolves to two points.

1. Are they a Disney Character?

2. Are they a character that can have a kit designed around them?

In many ways Gaston is a great villain because he and the village see him as the hero. While Belle and the viewer know otherwise. Just because you have some sort of, imo, irrational bias against him does not make him any less deserving to be in the game.

6 Likes

I think u lost ur mind there buddy, cause Gaston is absolutely cool to have in dis game.

2 Likes

Why would we get rid of him? Just because he’s too realistic? Pirates and lions are real, so why not get rid of them? And yes, Gaston has bad traits. He’s a villain and a villain teaches kids what traits are bad. By your argument, why not also get rid of realistic heroes like Merida Or Miguel?

1 Like

Well, every villain has some bad things done. I honestly believe that Gaston is a great addition. He isn’t the only realistic Disney villain, there are some more, and some of these evil dudes would make it even better in a game like that. Cruella De Vil, Claude Frollo, Shan Yu and others. We still love them despite all evil things they did. And Gaston is not exception, yet he is not so evil as others.
And yes, the Bambi theory doesn’t sound real. Look at Flower. He is a skunk. Skunks live in North America, but not Europe. And Gaston lives in Europe, the 2017 film says it was France. I doubt that Gaston came to another continent to hunt down some animals.

1 Like

Funny how you recognise Gaston beeing fictional, yet you want to get rid of a character where his actions even from a real perspective, are not real and also spill out the theory of shooting bambi’s mother, is most seen as a fruition of the fanbase’s mind.
Now I ask, who’s the real villain from all this?

Gaston is the best gd disney character in existence, the man ate 60 eggs a day he has the right to be egotistical, not to mention he was the only one to no ostracize belle, he’s never stated to be any more or less misogynist than the next person of his time. He uses words like exspactorating ( which apparently I cant even spell) I dare say he’s read a few books to learn it (with pictures like all good books of course)
And he wanted to kill the beast cause 1 it kidnapped belle and her father. 2 it looked like a gd menace. 3. Belle brings out a magic mirror she got from the magic beast to defend the magic monster, who’s to say it didn’t curse her?

I thought the post was intended as a bit of dry humor.

1 Like

Tbh, I have never been a fan of Gaston… He struck me as one of those bullies I have seen in life…Oh so big and terrible…till you see them In the principal’s office. Where they suck up too the principal then get out and our high and mighty again…

Sure Gaston is in game and I am ok with it, but He is my least favorite villain because when he realized the Beast was good (Beast decided not to kill him) He still attempted to kill The Beast…and his “love” for Belle was actually lust. She was the only girl he couldn’t charm and that is why he wanted her.

As a recall to mind other villains, I can’t think of a single one who’s logic was flawed like Gaston’s (reference intended)
They may have hated the heroes but they always knew that the heroes were the “good guy” they plotted despite knowing that.

But Gaston just wanted to kill the savage beast that had alledgedly kidnapped a old man and then kept his daughter for ransom instead.

Again…he was a villain that…yup I hated he was an amazing thing but he wasnt the kind of villain I enjoy calling villains.

That’s why Gaston is such a good villain. Because he reminds us of someone most of us have all encountered and hated. Also, I would say Frollo can be similar to Gaston. They’re both kind of realistic—they hate someone that’s different, they’re bullies, they want someone that they can never get which makes them angry and murderous.

1 Like

Yes but Frollo new he fought against good the whole time. Gaston didnt.

Frollo is fairly wretched from the outset. Gaston takes a bit to show his colors. I mean, he’s established as a jerk early, but takes a while to get to villain.

That said, not sure Frollo would be a good add for the game? Esmerelda as a support seems the most reasonable cast member to pull from Hunchback, if anyone.

1 Like

Well Since the movies title is literally talking about Quasimoto, I feel as though he should be in there first.

1 Like

There are a great many Disney movies that aren’t notable for the protagonist, or whose protagonists aren’t particularly fit for the game.

There’s a reason the only characters from Hercules, Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, and to a lesser extent Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are their villains. Some despite having other viable candidates. You could say the same about our pirates, more or less. Choosing non-protagonists first or only isn’t new.

I think there are many protagonists that can be good. Hercules is obviously a good hero. Ariel can sing to charm the bad guys and can call on her Sebastian to hurt them and can use her gadgets and gizmos against the bad guys. Beast can roar and swipe against them. Simba can also roar, eat grubs to heal himself, and use “Remember” to help energize his team. Belle can throw books and sing. Aurora can call on her fairies, call on animals, and put some people to sleep for a while. And I think some more Beauty and the beast heroes are already coming in a future update.

What do you mean allegedly, he straight up locked em in a castle that’s kidnapping.

P.S Gaston would wrestle the principal into submission then befriend him

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney