Fortify the network contests

@Samm , @Polaris , and @TheGrillFather … I’m going to be honest , the scoring for these contests are awful and just progressively get worse. A few of my guild members even say they don’t even bother with it as it’s that bad. The only people who can do these contests are WHALES period. As a ftp myself, I don’t even earn one star in progress with these types of contests.

So here is my proposition…. Make this contest a server wide contest which can be featured monthly. As it is about the network as a whole anyways. Those that can/like to spend can still battle it out for place at end, but everyone can earn progressive rewards.

So contests format can be (this format would start after cap raise day of course)…

1. Server wide ftn (efficient time when most people use gems, stamania etc to improve toons to new levels if can)

2. Individual contest

3. Guild contest

4. Individual

12 Likes

Guys, can be at the very least 1M made somewhat affordable for F2P players?

I wouldn´t mind spending 900k stamina (at 1 point) and 5000 diamonds (at 20 points each) while the rest would be like…

100 stamina = 1 point
1 diamond = 1 point

Seriously, the “requirements” to get 1M reward (which is not even that great) is beyond ridiculous.

10 Likes

Won’t happen unfortunately. Contests are basically a mechanism for whales to outspend each other.
FtP players as myself were deemed an unimportant player group 4 years ago. Nothing changed since then and nothing will change in the foreseeable future I suppose.
Look at recently added games mechanics like Patch. To collect the bits to being able to progress in Patch only by regular game play it would take years to get to patch level 15 considering that the resources to promote Patch season heroes are non-existent. 60% of my Patch season heroes are P4. I’m only able to put my ressources on 25 of 210 heroes. Promoting more heroes is not feasible without spending at least 5 $/per week. This game economy is designed to make you frustrated and spend and has nothing in common how strategic you are and your abilities to plan ahead.

2 Likes

Trust me I know my words mean nothing and feel like a nothing when comes to this game because how they ignore us ftp or how I feel ignored from copy and paste corporate lines that don’t seem to acknowledge what said or me…But not going to stop me from calling bs/claim things need a changing.

4 Likes

The same problem also seems to be manifesting with other contest. The numbers become more and more impossible to complete.

So yeah I’ve just given up on contest as an F2P.

Kinda sad, but it is what it is.

6 Likes

Good suggestions, though.

2 Likes

Cause the progress tiers hero given is treated like a novelty.
The team gives some chips (usually around a 1/7 of a 20$ flash deal which gives 5k hero chips) and then makes 1M reward impossible to get freely.

I just don’t see how that’s even remotely good. Or even decent.

3 Likes

That’s what gets me. Fortify the Network has been difficult-to-impossible for F2P players for most of the game’s existence, so while the scoring system for that contest getting steadily more ridiculous is annoying, it’s also just a return to form for that contest. The other contests becoming steadily more difficult for F2P players, though, is discouraging and worrisome; even this past guild contest was harder than usual, which seems a bad sign.

PerBlue really ought to remove the tip from the loading screen that describes contests as an “important source of resources” if they’re just all going to become pay-to-complete, since spending enough to complete a contest will give you far more resources than the contest rewards anyway.

4 Likes

And the mere fact perblue hasn’t even said anything yet to the comments here further proves the worthless player feeling get here with these contest scoring points etc.

5 Likes

ALL contests are horrible now and they simply don’t care. Sad but true

And the jokes are on them, actually. Not all people use all new heroes. Just like this contest, the hero chips they offer as rewards are all the ones I don’t use. So why would I bother to try completing them if it is just too much?

About Jake, I will get him eventually when he is available in gold crates so why stress over him?

2 Likes

let’s see how bad the point scoring in FTN were based on what I spend during FTN to reach 1M points

FTN that ended on 25-May, I spend 8300 diamonds and 1.5M stamina during the contest to reach 1M points
FTN 15-Jun, I spend 9000 diamonds and 1.6M stamina to reach 1M points
FTN 6-Jul, I spend 15700 diamonds and 2.4M stamina to reach 1M points
FTN 27-Jul, I spend 13300 diamonds and 3.2M stamina to reach 1M points

FTN 17-Aug, I spend 13200 diamonds and 2.1M stamina only to reach 500K points
note: I was busy and didnt manage to spend more to reach 1M points, but the point system has become significantly worse here

FTN 7-Sep, I spend 13200 diamonds and 9.1M stamina to reach 1M points

so within two months from July, we are expected to spend almost 3 times more stamina just to reach 1M points. I know that the game keeps growing and the players have more resources as time progresses, but 3 times in two months?

3 Likes

Not really; 3 times in six weeks, or about 1.5 months.

I’d be curious about the actual numbers, but to me it looks like the players in the top 1% of contests are scoring about as much as before, while significantly fewer players are reaching all the progress goals. The current contest is one that, in the past, I would have no trouble completing over the weekend, yet I’d normally finish outside the top 10%; this time, I still haven’t reached a million points, yet I’m comfortably within the top 10%. But I guess that’s what PerBlue wants.

Thanks but I’ll just let this meme made speak for how I feel lol (especially if everyone knows the outcome to the story anyways lol)

2 Likes

I kinda just gave up on FTN and spent what I had yesterday since we had a solid event combo with bonus stamina buy and double drops - would rather get a couple of heroes up than 100k contest points that don’t give any rewards anyway

3 Likes

About anyone really.

This contest is slightly easier than FtN, so better.

1 Like

Easier but still horrible :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: how much gold do they expect us to spend? And why do they always try to force players to spend gold?:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t really care about contests anymore

I spent about 100 billion gold during the preceding guild contest just to help my guild reach the final progress reward, and I’ll probably wind up spending 40-50 billion gold for this one. I tells ya, tapping the same three buttons in a well-timed rhythm for a coupla hours to buy gold crates is exactly the sort of fun I open this game for! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: it is great seeing someone enjoy spam buying gold crates :joy::joy::joy:

As for me, I normally compare what I earn with what I need to spend. So, when I receive less than what I have to spend, I won’t spend them :joy::joy::joy:

I hate being manipulated :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It is quite sad that I levelled up all 210 heroes’ skills from 390 to 395, and yet I still did not reach Tier 5 for the contest… something feels broken?

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney