Friendship Refresh Overview

Please change either of these. 84 hours is too long. 36 hours is more reasonable. Or maybe increase memories given to 5 per mission. Thank you.

6 Likes

This is the only point that confused me as well. How is this fair if one unlocks the friendship just by having the characters? At this point the level requirement could have just been kept because the heroes will need to be built anyway

3 Likes

Most of this changes shown in this preview range from promising to genuinely exciting. However, there’s one change that I really, really dread:

Is there any chance this could be increased, particularly the Memory Missions? I doubt I was ever running more than 15 missions at once that granted disk power, but I’m almost always running at least 5 missions, and frequently 8-10 missions, that grant Memories. Unless I’m able to farm memories much, much faster with the new system (and it looks like it’s actually going to be a good bit slower), it’s going to greatly reduce the number of disks I’m able to evolve to higher star levels.

Other questions:

Is it safe to assume that the Friend Campaign stages are not changing, that they will remain as easy or as difficult as they are now? (More directly, do I need to keep leveling up King Louie and Peter Pan in order to finish their campaign? Conversely, will my Buzz/Kevin Flynn campaign remain absurdly easy for my far-overleveled heroes?)

Will we be able to do anything with excess memories for disks that are already at 5 stars?

Can you confirm that no further contests will be awarding points for clearing infected nodes?

Echoing these queries, as I would love to be able to re-visit the campaign stories presented as you fought through the stages, and would hate to lose the stories from the missions.

Even though I can’t play the game, this looks great! But the screenshot of the Angel and Stitch mission taunts me.

(Also how rude of Madame Armoir!)

This is a little disappointing, I’d have hoped that there’d be at least enough memories from the campaign to raise the disk to 2 stars. Now that the disk can be unlocked after only beating the first level, there’s no more motivation to finish the campaign for disks with weak star effects, like Timon and Pumba’s Stitch disk or Elsa’s Olaf disk. @Polaris, maybe the team could look into this?

Great! I was getting tired of manually going through stages at the end of the week to fill up the bar.

:unamused: :roll_eyes:

Eugh. Why?

Aside from that, sounds good.

3 Likes

I wish you could decrease VIP level requirements… rings needed scales too much…

2 Likes

How does this affect existing discs people have already unlocked the old way and what will happen to friend missions we already Have running come October 6th will they be cancelled or be allowed to finish?

So if i already unlocked the disk, I’ll get it at the max stars because the more episodes I completed, the more stars it has.

@Polaris How does this affect friend campaigns we have already started when this change take effect? Like for example if your on chp 5 will it be reset back to 1 or will you still be able to finish it

2 Likes

Nice, although I hope they don’t remove those funny conversation at levels 7,10,12,13,14, and 15. Since there’s no levels now, i wonder if those Conversations will still be in the game or not.

6 Likes

@Polaris could we possibly get back unlockable emojis via friendship campaign now that it is 5 chapters?

We got 8 emojis for every character, so passing chapter 2,3,4 and 5 of one campaign and the other one could unlock the emojis.

3 Likes

I can finally post my full thoughts!

This is fabulous! Will help everyone at every level gain all friendship disks at a much faster rate! This was probably something that I was always the most frustrated with.

The rewards are quite nice, but I think they need to be increased to at least 5 so it is easier to max out disks, as others have already mentioned.

This will be very helpful, but some campaigns that are infamously hard need to be improved by making them easier.

Very nice QoL improvement.

This is so nice and helpful for everyone! It will make it so much better for F2Ps who could barely make it to some of the reward tiers!

This will be helpful to see what new disks get to do and help a certain thread here on the forums!

Simple and nice, but very helpful.

Did not know this was a thing, but this is helpful for low level players, as pretty much all the improvements are.

Yes! Very nice! Now everyone can do more at a time.

Looks cool. Also helpful.

People with crashes thank you.

This is also amazing. It will be so helpful to not have to restart things.

Less buttons to click to collect many rewards. Nice QoL

I see. Interesting. Puts some players at a minor disadvantage but still helpful.

This was really needed!

There are a whole bunch of other things, but this post is getting long. Very nice to finally see a long awaited preview of these great improvements.

4 Likes

Presumably, it doesn’t, but you’ll receive 9 memories in the mail for each disk. By the way, Polaris, it’d be nice if we could sell excess memories or convert them to hero chips.

I hadn’t even thought of that. Me too! :flushed:

Excellent idea! But I doubt that’ll happen, since they’re in cosmetic crates.

5 Likes

@Polaris I noticed one thing that isn’t completely clarified in the preview overview of the Friendship Refresh, which is how the removal of the Friendship levels will affect how the Friendship missions are accessed.

Like I am the kind of person who care less about optimization of memory gaining and more so rather want to read through as much story content as I can, being a story seeker(Explorer) kind of player.

So like, are all the friendship missions available when you get access to the disk or?
Like just after being able to access the Friendship progression just after getting both of the characters will you be able to choose between like to say " A) Quack Shack " and " H) Llama Chase" ? A) Quack Shack " is the first friendship you get in terms of Donald and Scrooge, and " H) Llama Chase" the last one.
So I wondered if I will be able to access " H) Llama Chase" right away if I want to?

All of who care about story content still want to be able to access the story content I assume, so hopefully the new system doesn’t remove the story content in the friendship missions, but given how the automatization is handled, how is the unlock of new story content in the friendship missions going to be handled?

If you could take the time to answer these questions Polaris it would be really appreciated, and yeah just to say it I hope you have a good weekend and get to enjoy yourself a lot :-).

9 Likes

Cosmetic crates should be relegated to just a small addition! Heck, we didn´t even get them in current Guild Contest!

Yep, they’re almost exclusively in deals. :confused:

2 Likes

I´d be all in for everything in cosmetic crates, but below-Orange badges, emojis and (what currently is like that) challenge stickers being unlockable differently too.

This old way would now at least have some sort of progression. Currently, the collection level is just mostly stuck.

2 Likes

I play on server 21 I have unlocked 121 discs total including 86 on different heroes in just under 280 days it brought me a lot of joy knowing I gain a friendship level to get to next chapter but now it seems like discs aren’t just handed to people for pretty much free now but if You want to evolve them it still takes time and effort. Disc to me were always something special to unlock cause you had to put in time to unlock them.

The badge avatars should be given for free still like they were and you should get emojis from friend campaigns Like was mentioned

1 Like

It was probably the best, Cosmetic Crates could just add some spice. Like… it´s a pity that costumes are not made anymore, those would be great to have to get via Cosmetic Crates.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney