Friendship Refresh Overview

This is such an amazing preview and I’m so excited for it to be in game

This sounds great and all but we can only have a max of 15 missions? Am I reading that right? I have that going already and disk power is still extremely scarce. If we only need 2 friends to do a mission can’t we have a higher limit of missions? Something actually useful like 50? Or just as many missions as we possibly want/can start? Unless the rewards are like 10x-15x more, 15 seems extremely low.

3 Likes

The market won’t be changed. The market favors memories for Memory Discs that you currently have unlocked (but not at 5 stars) and leveled up above level 7. If there are disks you don’t want to work on, they will have a very very low chance to show in the market as long as you don’t level them up.

You can start collecting memories right away when the disk is unlocked, so while the number of memories doesn’t seem like much, you get access to them sooner, and don’t have to remember to check in or restart them every few hours.

The campaign stories will still be on the wall. The mission updates are going away with the new system :frowning:

Infected nodes are a big source of frustration for many players, sometimes stopping them from farming a node for needed badges. It streamlines Disk Power and removes a blockage in campaign.

The difficulty of the campaigns will remain the same. We do have some ideas for the future to help give players a boost through some campaigns that they find especially challenging.

Yes.

This will not change any of your current disks. If you have missions running when we do the 2.3 update, I believe they will be completed and the items sent to your mailbox, so nothing should be lost.

It will not change your current progress in the friend campaign, so you can keep working through them. If you’ve finished the first episode, you’ll be granted the disk right away after the update!

The missions are available as soon as the friendship is unlocked! There are only 2 types of missions now - memory or Disk Power - so you won’t have to choose between A and H anymore.

12 Likes

Wait, what happens to all the other friendship story content then?

1 Like

Thank you @Polaris for answering our questions in a timely fashion

This will be a nice change to Friendships! I am definitely looking forward to the update that brings these changes in 2 weeks!

Finishing episodes in the friend campaign increases the number of stars you can have on your disk, but doesn’t give you the stars themselves (beyond the first, I assume); you still have to run missions to earn Memories to increase the number of stars on each disk. To elaborate, when you finish episode 1 and get the disk, it’s able to hold only one star, which (again, presumably) it already has. If you get 25 memories before finishing the third episode, you won’t be able to increase the star level of the disk until you’ve finished the third episode and unlocked the ability for the disk to have two stars.

Yes, I really hope these are archived somewhere. I’d also like to see more added as the hero roster expands, but I’m not holding my breath…

Could be it considered to increase this to level 20/30 with the update?

4 Likes

OH MY GOSH YESSS!!! I don’t kepp constantly checking levels to unlock friendships anymore!

@Polaris thanks for confirming my question with the memory market.

I’m glad it’s unchanged.

Will there be any advantage to having already levelled up friendships to lv.15 or missions to lv.5?

4 Likes

I guarantee you, we care more about not having to spend as many hero chips (since they’re already used in the extraordinarily expensive red skills and mod advancement) than having access to memories sooner.
Please, either remove hero chips as a requirement to start the missions or raise the amount of memories received. It’s already expensive for a crawling pace.

13 Likes

I can hardly wait

@Polaris If removing all the other friendship story content in missions then I suppose I might be more likely to move on from Disney Heroes sooner than otherwise.

I am not affected by nerfs, nor reward changes, gold changes, or general negative changes to non-story related things, but story removal…, that is likely what may lead to me more likely leaving the game eventually.
If the other friendship story content can still be accessed in another mode than missions it would be really appreciated, I would be up for paying the price of a AAA game for it even though I am a F2Per, just please use the weeks to find another way to preserve the friendship story content. A story archive of some sort would be really appreciated, just a way the story content can be accessed. I suppose it is understandable if characters after this don’t get the mission story content, but all the past mission story content could be preserved in the game in any way?

Disney Heroes’s biggest strength as a game I would say is all its story content compared to the other Disney RPGs on the market like Disney Sorcerer’s Arena and Disney Mirrorverse.
By taking away so much story mission content you take out a part of the heart of Disney Heroes I would say, since what makes Disney Heroes not just a Skinner Box/a grind is all the story content. What made Disney Heroes better where all its story content and likely appealing across the other games.

Story make grinding rewarding, it improves the overall experience of the game I think like better UX(User Experience), so yeah if the old mission story content can be preserved in the game in any way, or even as paid DLC as in the price of a AAA game I think it would be better than losing all the mission story content.
There are still some weeks left, so if you and the team could kind a way to preserve the old mission story content it would be really appreciated and help the game overall be as engaging and fun as it is today.

12 Likes

Regardless it would take too long. It really doesn’t matter when we can collect memories, it matters how long it takes.

6 Likes

@Filadae_Djaq that’s exactly what polaris is getting at.

It takes a long time to get friendships to level 12 to start earning memories. Even longer to get to level 15.

Instead of waiting weeks to actually start earning memories, you can start earning them immediately, but the rate is decreased.

You seem to be discounting the time in how long it takes to actually start earning the memories in the first place.

That only determines when you start. Not how long it takes to earn 320 memories.

1 Like

@Filadae_Djaq yes.

But what would you prefer: earning 2 memories every day for 100 days, or spending the first 50 days working up being able to earn 4 memoriess every day, and getting 4 memories per day for the final 50 days?

They both work out to 200 tokens over 100 days. It depends whether you want tokens earlier or not.

You can’t completely ignore this and say that the new system sucks because, at best, you get 2 memories every 14 hours, when currently it only takes 10. You need to consider the time it takes to work up to actually being able to earn those 2 memories every 10 hours.

Which is a significant amount of time.

I’d rather have the 4 memories per day deal. Because after 100 days the memories scale more :eyes:

1 Like

@Filadae_Djaq that was an example. I haven’t done the actual maths required to see how long it takes to get level 15 friendship.

And I assume you haven’t either if you’re still saying that “it doesn’t matter when we can start collecting memories”. Because it does matter. Which is the point of my example.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney