Friendship Refresh Overview

Nope, I missed that.
That’s one for the positive improvement side

@Polaris what about people who’s only focus were discs for every hero, earned through the old way I spent 280 days trying for discs by grinding and now your pretty much telling me all my work went to waste in my eyes cause now everyone will have all discs for practically free if you think about it. Discs always held a special sense of accomplishment grinding them from 1 to 8 and 3 to 10 it was rewarding to earn discs yes you had to work useless heroes but that’s what made the system fun for me now that joy been taken away by this change. And 5k tokens a week in invasion is about 1 disc if you get lucky enough that day to pull one you need

1 Like

Finally some good vip perks beyond 11 :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Get to see discs without unlocking​:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

However i have a concern some chapters require fan damage and the 2 original heros be only normal damage dealers relys on the 3rd hero to do fantastic damage

With difficulty unchanged does it mean the tier/levels or enitre campaigns because some of them will be impossible without additional heros

1 Like

Going to be honest more people hated that than liked it including me. So going with the majority here we would much rather not have to worry about upgrading old useless heroes just to get 1 disc.

It looks like we’ll still have to upgrade them if we want more than one (or two, if lucky) stars on that disk, though. :man_shrugging:

Not necessarily, 'cause the refreshes

Either way the new system will be help significantly with the ability to skip stages and possible have a power up system in the future.

It will also be less time consuming for those who want to unlock some friendships.

1 Like

@Polaris

This is a complete rework of a big part of the game!

I guess it will make things easier in many ways and surely a lot different.
From what I understand, you make the first stage (acquire and use a disk) easy but the level up a little more hard or time worth.

Though I like that you try to change things and of course a change always refresh the mind and the game, I hope that you will consider your players before the update and add a friend exp contest.

A lot of us are “hoarding” friend exp.
A lot of effort and time on missions to make friendships level 9-10 and campaign at level 3 to be ready and acquire them during a contest with a stock of friend stamina and speeds ups we have.
I don’t want to see all that effort and time go to waste.

3 Likes

Not exactly, u still need memory disc

Now that friend missions that require MORE hero chips to get LESS memory tokens, I will repeat what I’ve said before. THE GRIND TO GET HERO CHIPS IS TOO MUCH. We use hero chips for mods, stars, friendship missions, AND Red Skills. This. Is. Insane. The grind is INSANE. We need more hero chips in elite campaign or reduce the requirements to level up these different character buffing features.

12 Likes

@Polaris:

You mentioned in the opening post of this thread that any numbers or functionality given in the post were subject to change by the time the new system is released with patch 2.3. While many of the changes so far look fantastic, I hope PerBlue will look into making a few more adjustments to the system:

1. Please find some way to keep all of the already-written story text (mission updates, conversations when leveling up friendships, etc.) accessible, preferably within the game, but even just archiving it here in the forum would be better than losing it altogether. One of the big reasons I enjoy this game is all the work put into the characters to make them feel like the actual Disney characters, not some generic video game hero with a digital paint job, and the stories and conversations are a major part of that. I’m sure you and the rest of the team also hate the thought of all that work just vanishing. While I doubt anything can be done about this before the feature’s released, if you can just honestly say that y’all are working on some way to keep the story content available, I can accept that.

2. A three-mission limit for memories is far too low. Someone’s pointed out that, using two maxed R12 heroes, it would take about three months to reach five stars for a disk; with only three slots available for missions, that equals just one disk maxed per month, out of (usually) eight new disks introduced each month. Even worse, having such a low limit means we’re going to have to use those slots almost exclusively for our top heroes, and neglect anyone we don’t plan to use in war/coli/invasion; if one of our second-tier heroes is suddenly useful again, we’ll probably not have their disk strong enough to get the full effect of using that hero. That’s going to limit our roster even further than they currently are. Please consider having eight slots available for memory missions, even if some of them just generate one memory per completion (perhaps in exchange for not having to use a hero chip for those one-memory missions).

3. While it’s hard to get a real sense for how quickly we’ll be able to add stars to our disks in the new system, it’s clear that, unless you’re a whale with all your heroes maxed or close to it, it’s going to be significantly slower than the old way. I won’t be surprised if you need some actual data from its use in the game proper to fully gauge how quickly the majority of players are able to evolve their disks, but I hope you can reduce the amount of time at least somewhat before releasing the new system; otherwise players trying to get by with rosters full of R4-R9 heroes are going to find it harder than before to advance their heroes, and newer players still working through the orange ranks are going to really struggle.

Please consider this feedback; there’s so much about the new friendship system that looks terrific, but without those three issues being addressed, I know that I’ll find the redesign to negatively impact my enjoyment of the game.

13 Likes

Only average. In reality it’s 3 disks every 3 months.

2 Likes

@Polaris You said back on Friday that there would be no more missions from A to H after the Friendship System update, however I wonder what is going to happen to the story content/dialog in the Friendship Missions like if they are going to be relocated and still accessible, or are all the story content that was in friendship missions actually going to be 100% removed from the game?

I assume the community in general want all the story content/dialog in the friendship missions to be in the game, so yeah wondered what were to happen to it.

8 Likes

I’d also rather have the story-elements of the friendship mission somewhere in the game. I do however understand that if there is nothing to pin it do to if only 2 kinds of missions are arround in the game

This is a very good suggestion if in game solution can’t be found. However I do also have a request for keeping it in game: Would it be possible to make an extra tile in the collections-hub where the story could be stored?

In the future this would also open the possibility to collect extra story, just for the story (as with the cosmetics), for people like @Kira

3 Likes

Even better: Add sections to the friendship wall.

9 Likes

Good idea. Seperate section for seperate thing: Campaign dialogue, mission and disk updates, and general conversations. It will make the friend wall less messy looking.

3 Likes

And maybe have the pieces of the story unlockable via 1-wave fights, that can reward players with disk power and memories.

2 Likes

@Lucas1999 Yeah, I think many of us here like the story content in the friendship missions, even if of course there are a difference between though who mainly care about story and those who find the story as a fun side thing.
And yes, I would definitely be up for buying story packs ^^. I am not interested in buying power, but story and maybe features I am definitely up for buying :-).

And yeah I see that you all in general have great ideas and really fun to see :-).

While archiving the story content here in the forum would be better than nothing, the idea that @Mister_Toon pitched in terms of having separate sections/logs for Campaign Dialog, missions, disk updates and general conversation as in the old Friendship Mission story content would be great I think :-).

@Filadae_Djaq I am not sure if they will do with disk powers and memories anymore given how the new mission system is setup, but if we could like run 5 story missions per day and they always giving dialog when cycled I don’t think would be a too bad idea :-).
No costs like badges or anything, just time cost as in having to wait 24 hours maybe. So just pure story missions without any actual gains beside story might be what might be the most feasible given how the new system seem to be intended.

2 Likes

Mission limits and Earning memories

The goal for the mission limits is not to increase the amount of time it takes to max out disks. The changes are to simplify the system and allow players to start earning memories sooner. Also, with the missions auto restarting, that will help them be more efficient - they’ll keep running and you won’t have to constantly be checking back in on missions to restart them.

The team is reviewing your feedback on the mission limits.

I know the writing is very popular, and the team really enjoys creating it, but it is an extremely large amount of time to research, write, edit, and get approval for the friendship dialogue and it’s become unsustainable. By reducing the quantity of writing, our plan is to focus on the quality of the story. The old missions are being removed, so there isn’t a clean way to keep that dialogue in the game and appearing on the wall.

All your effort was not wasted. You still have all the disks that you worked to unlock and level up. Yes, we’ve made it easier to unlock the disk, but players will still need to complete the campaign in order to get the disk to 5 stars, so the work is the same, just distributed a bit differently. Rather than having the whole disk at the end of the campaign, players now unlock it in smaller bits along the way.

The campaign itself hasn’t been changed. The episodes will still use the other heroes in the same way it does now.

8 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney