Grammatical Error Found

“They’re” should be “Their.”

4 Likes

On all of the subway backgrounds where the newsstand is shown: “stationary” is shown as a newsstand product. Paper for letter and note writing is “stationery” spelled with an e as in “envelope.”

“Stationary” refers to something that does not move or stays in the space it is located in.

The wrong form of the word is used in that background.

2 Likes

All in the same chapter…

There should be a comma after Enraged.

“But” at the beginning of a sentence like this is poor structure.

The comma should be a semicolon or something else to break up the sentence.

2 Likes

I think this sounds okay when spoken, but I really tripped over myself the first seven times I read it, so I don’t know… Maybe it is just me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well “more better” is a grammatical error I think

4 Likes

That was what I was talking about, I could say it out loud and it sounds alright, I guess but it really bothers me typed out.

1 Like

Actually to not is proper grammar while not to is modern

1 Like

Nope :man_facepalming:. When using an infinitive e.g. to use, to do, etc. placing a word between the ‘to’ and the verb is an error, it’s called splitting the infinitive.

2 Likes

To be or not to be

Its used in theater and poetry

1 Like

:confused: You said I was wrong and now you have evidence backing up my point. Which side are you on?

1 Like

I think either way is accurate?

2 Likes

As far as I know the right one is “not to”

2 Likes

It is, because of why @Fellow_Piglet said. It’s quite a formal rule though, so the wrong version is commonly seen - it’s not a ‘glaring’ error

2 Likes

Although technically speaking ”to not ” is not correct it’s a split infinitive—it’s perfectly acceptable in ordinary usage in writing. It depends on the context, rhythm and style of the sentence. Generally speaking, “ not to” is used more in colloquial English.

I am not saying not to is wrong but to not is acceptable

1 Like

Does this one seem okay to y’all?

“An unfortunate souls”??

Found by @Gjmguy

8 Likes

If the “an” is going to be there, then “souls” should be singular.

5 Likes

A couple errors from the Flynn/Rapunzel Campaign

Should be “Much to her dismay”.

His name is spelled Pascal.

5 Likes

What the heck. Pasqual??

6 Likes

She hits herself with the pan too many times…

12 Likes

Not exactly a grammatical error, but I feel like the disk names for GMN should be swapped.

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney