Guild Wars MMR

Hi Polaris,

I am the current guild leader of GameOver in server 4, and we are ranked 3rd in power. Ever since the new MMR update a few months back, we have had a ton of issues with war matchups. While a system utilizing MMR is good in theory, it is heavily flawed in this game which relies too heavily on power and not so much skill. The top two guilds above us have over 20 million in total power over our guild because they constantly recruit the top players from other guilds. This difference in power makes it extremely difficult to compete with them, but it is inevitable because our MMR is one of the closest to them. Because the matchups are based on this rating system, we have to face both top guilds several times a month, and end up not being able to move up the war ranking system. We are too weak to compete with the top two guilds, but too strong to face weaker guilds. When we do face other guilds because our MMR has dropped, we are still facing other top guilds that are more of the same power as our guild. Thus, to win those wars and to try to rank up, we spend an abnormal amount of tokens for sabotages. Furthermore, even if our guild placement is currently Silver ranking, we can be paired with another guild that is already in Legendary ranking, all because of our MMR. This is extremely unfair, and has caused many issues within the game. While my guild has the third highest MMR in the server, we often struggle the most because of the matchups, while the top two guilds cruise through war. Also note that the MMR system not only benefits the top two guilds, it is also greatly benefiting many of the lesser powered guilds. Their starting MMR is low, so they get paired with many other lower guilds in which the power discrepancy becomes less significant. I have seen on many, many occasions, some guilds with 25 members or less (half the size of a full guild) receive legendary ranking by the middle of month all because the war matchups are benefiting them.

If you want to make a guild wars system based on MMR, I believe the rewards given to the guilds should also be based on MMR placement, not the current war rankings of Bronze, Silver, Gold, …, Legendary. Otherwise, the MMR system that is currently in place is heavily flawed and leaves out the guilds in the middle completely disadvantaged.

I do hope you take this message and feedback with great consideration. I’ve played this game the week it was released, and I would love to continue playing the game as I still see it has a lot of potential.

Thank you,

IGN - Lorde (Server 4)

1 Like

Yes I know what you mean, I’m also from server 4 and I’ve noticed that we (RIOT SQUAD) are lucky because we are lower power than your guild so most of the time we get better war matches, which is good for us but I do feel bad for all the guilds like yours that have to go against super hard guilds.

Hopefully something will get sorted out soon!

1 Like

I also hail from Server 4, and this MMR is causing us to get horrible war matchups lately because of a recent stretch of underdog victories we had. Since May 25, out of the currently 42 other guilds that are within 7 million total power of us (you know…theoretically GOOD matchups) we have faced only one of them, and that is during a span of ten (!) wars. Every other war during that time has been against guilds that severely overpower us; in the last three wars alone, we have lost each one by an AVERAGE of over 1,500 points. We have lost five of our first seven wars this month and the new war update (preventing you from facing the same guild for at least seven wars instead of three) may only serve to have us battle other strong guilds since our MMR remains fairly high.

It seems like it would be better if they widened the search parameters to include other guilds within more than 50 or so MMR of yourself (which seems like what it is based on, at least for those of us outside of the top 10 guilds in the server) and then also try to factor in the differences in power between teams in that range. There are very many guilds below 1,100 MMR (20 alone between 950-1100) but only 15 (currently) above 1,200 MMR, so any halfway decent guild like us that goes on a lucky streak ends up with very few and mostly terrible matchups available for their efforts.

Hi… looking fir people who commented on Guild Wars to add feedback…
(Guild Wars - Why has MMR issue not been resolved and how to fix for all)

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney