Heroes Refresh ideas

Launchpad Refresh

1… 2… 3!!! Time for a flight… with a high chance of crashing!

Yep, falling on tier lists… poor Launchpad just doesn’t have… what it takes to be useful in any situation.

The Refresh

Base stats

• Basic damage increased by 300%
  • Skill power increased by 200%
  • HP increased by 300%

Flare Up

• The supply crate now both heal and grants energy at the same time
  • Increased healing by 300%
  • Increased energy granted to 400
  • Increased blind duration to 12 seconds

Fiery Crash

• Increased damage by 500%
  • Increased stun duration to 8 seconds

Autopilot

• The heal now fully recovers Launchpad’s HP instead of granting an amount of HP
  • Increased basic damage to allies by 200%
  • Increased blind duration to 12 seconds
  • New: Launchpad cleans from all debuffs and becomes invincible for 5 seconds
  • New: This skill automatically triggers once Launchpad falls to 50% HP and becomes invincible until he completes animation and buffs are given as they should

Smooth Landing

• Increased Max. HP to allies by 200%
  • New: Allies’ Max. HP is increased by X every time a blind is applied to enemies

Flying in to Fight

• Increased duration of invincibility to 8 seconds
  • Increased basic damage and skill power to allies by 200%
  • New: Once per wave when Launchpad reach 0 HP he uses ‘‘Autopilot’’ again, this use of the skill cleans debuffs from all allies and they gain 3 stacks of Hardy
  • Increased Additional Stat Boosts by 150%

Hiro disk

• Skill power bonus now works on all allies and is increased by 50%
  • Max HP bonus now works on all allies and is increased by 50%
  • Increased stun length to 30% per star
  • New: All allies heal 2% of their Max. HP per star whenever they damage a stunned enemy

DW disk

• Increased basic damage by 100%
  • Increased armor by 150%
  • New: All heroes gain 25% of their Normal Crit as bonus Fantastic Crit while they are dealing Fantastic Damage instead of Normal Damage with their basic attacks (+25% per star)
8 Likes

Syndrome Refresh

That is you, Syndrome, you’re just lame.

The Refresh

Base stats

• Basic damage increased by 200%
  • Skill power increased by 200%
  • HP increased by 200%

Zero-Point Energy

• Decreased duration of the stuns to 10 seconds
  • New: When the closest enemy is stunned, the stun ignores its tenacity and evasion
  • New: Syndrome steals all energy that was blocked on stunned enemies by this skill
  • New: Syndrome gains 100% attack speed and decreases tenacity and evasion of all enemies by 50% when he uses this skill again while there is an enemy stunned by this skill

Probe Scan

• Increased damage by 300%
  • Increased study duration to 12 seconds
  • New: This skill deals 200% more damage against studied enemies

Propelling Force

• Increased stun duration to 13 seconds
  • New: As the enemy passes through the other enemies its negative effects are applied to these enemies and its duration is 10 seconds

Energy Stun

• New: Whenever an enemy gets stunned Syndrome and his allies gain 60 energy
  • New: Knocked back enemies are stunned for 3 seconds

Self-Made Super

• Increased study duration to 15 seconds
  • New: When a studied enemy gets stunned they lose 20% of their Max. HP
  • Increased Additional Stat Boosts by 150%

Yzma disk

• Increased skill power by 100%
  • Increased Max HP by 200%
  • New: When slowed enemy damages Syndrome and his allies they lose 50 energy per star

Magica disk

• Increased skill power by 100%
  • Increased armor lose by 150%
  • Increased stun duration on studied enemies to 30% per star
  • New: Whenever Syndrome and his allies study an enemy they steal 30 energy from them per star
2 Likes

Phase 5 is completed!

and just like last time…

The next Refresh Concept can be chosen by you!

[This post is wiki]
Write the name of the hero which you think deserves a refresh, and still haven’t got a refresh concept in this thread
If the name already appears, write it down again, the name of the hero which appears most will be the ‘winner’.

• Maximus
  • Aladdin
  • Belle
  • Miss Piggy
  • Gonzo The “Not So Great”
  • Rex
  • Jasmine
  • oogie boogie

Banned Heroes: Dash, Wasabi, Quackerjack, Hamm, Mr. Big, Swedish Chef, Claw, Sheriff, Kermit, Shego, and all heroes which already got refresh in-game.

3 Likes

so this is… a tie…

pick. pick!!

Who shall get refresh?
  • Maximus
  • Aladdin
  • Belle
  • Miss Piggy
  • Gonzo
  • Rex
  • Jasmine
  • Oogie Boogie

0 voters

Gonzo Refresh

Where to begin with this Muppet… oh yeah, he is bad, very bad. Even ‘winning’ on both polls…
With less HP than Ralph, weak attacks, slowness, and just not working as the party’s tank hero he really needs some medical help… from PB and receive a good refresh, and by good, it means like Shank’s one, not Basil’s which was just terrible. :frowning:

The Refresh

Base stats

• Basic damage increased by 300%
  • Skill power increased by 300%
  • HP increased by 300%

Chicken Run

• New: This skill now removes X Reality from all enemies for 10 seconds

My Next Act

• New: This skill now removes X Armor from damaged enemies for the remainder of the wave
  • New: This skill now applies 3 stacks of Weakness

Raise the Stakes

• Increased Shield HP by 500%
  • Increased Shield duration to 8 seconds
  • Decreased number of chickens to gain the shield to 5
  • New: Gonzo now gains 100% of all the Armor and Reality removed by ‘‘Armor Decrease’’ and ‘‘Reality Decrease’’ Debuffs on enemies

Gonzo the Great

• Increased damage reduction to 0.8%
  • New: Shielded Gonzo is immune to all Crits
  • New: Gonzo cleans himself and gains invincibility for 4 seconds for every 20% of his Max. HP missing, can be used 5 times per wave.

Talent Search

• Increased heal by 300%
  • Decreased number of basic attacks for stun to 2 and increased stun duration to 6
  • New: ‘‘My Next Act’’ now stuns for 5 seconds
  • New: Gonzo receives 50% less damage from all sources if an enemy is stunned, Gonzo’s Armor and Reality is increased by 100% when a stun expires on an enemy for 7 seconds

Duke Disk

• Replaced Basic Damage lose on Support Enemies with Enemies with an Increased Attack and Movement speed and increased its value by 50%
  • Increased Basic Damage on Damage allies by 100%
  • New: Gonzo and allies increases Max HP per disk level
  • New: Enemies with an increased attack and movement speed deal 10% less damage (per star disk; up to 50%) to Gonzo and allies

Launchpad Disk

• Increased Max HP by 500%
  • Increased Skill Power by 100%
  • Increased Shield HP of all shields to 30% per star
  • New: While Gonzo is shielded he grants 30% (per star disk; up to 150%) of his Armor and Reality to all allies
  • New: Whenever Gonzo or an ally is shielded they become Invincible for 0.3s per star, once every 4 second on the ally
6 Likes

Chips doesn’t cost the same. And that’s one really big difference. You can’t even pretend that’s the same difficulty to get a red skill maxed out in an old character than in a new one. The same is true for the mods, even if you use another hero chips to upgrade the mod, 100 chips of a new hero is expensive.

After the Kim Possible fiasco I wouldn’t trust any of the PB refresh. When you change the skill you may disrupt the mod that you already gave them. I personally lost a relatively good hero when they changed the mechanics of the skill. Since currently there is no way to remove the upgrades used on mods this is a very delicate subject.

I understand that many of the oldest heroes are basically useless, but which would be the point to upgrade a new hero if a starting hero is exactly as strong as them? Why would anyone invest in a new hero when you have an obvious disadvantage. Fighting against heroes that have been around for more than 3 years ago?

Why did you respond to this… here?

Same amounts.

for sign-in, yes.
but lately they are all bad anyway.

… and this is bad that you don’t need to spend resources for new heroes because older ones are just working fine.
Sound like a balance.

Kira suggested maybe because of new people in PB’s team the newer heroes are just… bad, like Gadget, and some RS/disk bonuses are just too small for them.

But from Y6 the badges given to heroes make no sense… really sad.

Hey

Jack Skull needs to be next

1 Like

Oh yeah, last time I checked there are like 2 or 3 new heroes every month including the sign in, and none of them are available in the stores/elite campaign right away. You can’t find a single chip of the arena/coli hero weeks after the season ends. Not all of them are bad, and we could even argue that maybe all of them are good for specific teams.

This is a Freemium game. They need us (or at least some of us) to spend real money to keep it alive. What would be the motivation for older players to invest in new heros if their older are just doing the job? I see the upside for new players, which is important because the game also needs new players, but why I would invest time of money if the initial hero is as powerful as the brand new? Because I like him?

This is a real issue! I completely agree with this and is the same for some of the yellow skills trigger actions and bonuses. They simply don’t make sense.

This is a Disney game, so the reason for investing in new characters is patently obvious: The characters themselves. This isn’t just Random Gacha #2819 where the characters are all no-name waifu-bait. These are Disney characters, from classic Disney films and TV shows (and new stuff, too, I guess). You’re not pulling for Vinny because he’s a ranged burst DPS with increased energy generation–you’re pulling for Vinny because you thought he was funny in that movie you loved as a kid but no one else seemed to care about.

(Also Refreshes that make the refreshed character relevant can be a very good source of income, since if someone like Shank becomes very much viable, you’ll then seek out Shank deals and buy Stamina to rank up Shank, and she’ll eat up as much $$$ as any new hero would.)

3 Likes

Speak for yourself buddy, I’m pulling Vinny for his speed counter and the insane amount of damage he delivers, not everyone playing the game is a Disney hardcore fan. I do realize that there are fans of the franchise, and some of them also play this game in a more serious way, but you just have to take a look to arena/coli/war formations to realize that ultimately usefulness is a big factor to invest in a character.

As I said before, any player who has been playing this game constantly for at least a year probably has a six star shank already and maybe 500 chips (shank is a particular bad example of r your case, because she doesn’t even has a relevant friendship that could tap in your saved chips). So no, you won’t spend the same amount of cash to get a 270, Y7, 6 star Shank instead of a Vinnie of the same level.

That is a very strong assumption.

From this point onwards likely not. Historically, I would say it is the same.

Enlighten me, please. I must be skipping something. Because I can’t find any constant source of chips for Vinnie, if I open the get more chips only says diamond crates. But if I do the same for Shank I can find 2 different locations in the elite campaign. So how do I get the same amount of chips for Vinnie at the speed I could get for Shank? Because I know that even if I open diamond crates, there is a chance I’ll get Shank chips also… So, please, explain me how I get 5 chips for Vinnie (edit: or any of the new heros for that matter) daily using 120 stamina only.

Not entirely true. While yes you can get him from Diamond Crates (and oh boy, PB now gives loads of Diamond Crates at selected contests´ progress rewards), you can also find him in Yellow Team Crates and Damage Role Crates from Prize Wall.

Also, Vinny will be available in Shop in November.

1 Like

So, if I open let’s say 100 diamond crates, I could get let say 5? 10? Vinnie chips and none for Shank?.. you’re right I got tons of them I could even try a couple of times just to prove my point. Because that’s the only real source available, I can’t rely in red/damage crates because I only get some of those for money deals and the wall prize. And you’re acting like there is no chance of getting Shank chips in the same fashion (diamond crates, blue crates, tank crates)…

So the answer is no, you can’t get 5 daily chips for vinnie for 120 stamina. And anyone would have to wait until November to buy his chips, but still won’t cost you 120 stamina.

Yet still a rather detrimenting conversation, because every character is “freed” after some months (when they are clearly OP as a bait for P2W) :roll_eyes:

It has always been like that and does not seem as if PB team was to change it.

I know it is detrimental, and I don’t like to be just a troll, I’m trying to make a point across the table: New heros are a lot more difficult to upgrade than the older ones, that’s why I expect them to be stronger.

I think that if they change this mechanics the game could just die.

Finally I believe that a real issue with the system is when PB nerfs the heroes after they are “freed” they just did this last week with MrB and apparently everyone was ok with it.

Mr.Big was roughly freed the same time as he was locked in a Diamond Crate before the nerf (even longer).

The keynote is that always after 6 months, the character is either directly or indirectly nerfed. And that’s the information I operate with. (But some may not.)
Mr.Big in February - Fred in August ain’t a coincidence, but wasn’t enough.
Wasabi - Ariel

I can continue with a pretty long list. When raising new characters you basically oblige to the character being nerfed in 6 months (without your knowledge, of course).

This is the kind of counter I agree with. Finally you have to invest resources to upgrade Fred and it’s fair.

The first nerf to wasabi I can understand it, he was really OP, specially for invasion and it happened like the next update after he was live.

But nerfing MrB just like they did the last update (the same way they did with gizmo and some of them) is outrageous for me.

Phase 6… begins!

cat-800x600-1

Phase 6 selection… who needs it most?
  • Aladdin
  • Maximus
  • Barbossa
  • Miguel
  • Merlin
  • Colette
  • Rex
  • Baloo
  • Timon & Pumbaa