How can DHBM be saved?

I’m sitting here, on my computer, asking myself this: How can DHBM be saved?

I think we all know how this game is doing so far: rough. Unfair cap raises, awful hero balancing and hero treatment, god awful deals, etc. I know some solutions to them, but what about gameplay wise?

The format is a bit boring. Heroes fight and the only thing you can is to activate certain skills. Some times heroes don’t use certain skills or do what we want them to do! (Target a specific enemy)

And thanks to the battle format, the possibilities of a new battle feature is awfully limited. So, how can we bring new battling features to DHBM and how can we fix its older ones. Any thoughts?

13 Likes

Maybe a mode where you control 1 hero, and only see their skillset and you tap which skill you want to activate? It would require 4 other people to journey tho

DSA is boring enough

5 Likes

Just so I understand clearly, this thread is mainly speaking in terms of improving/adding new gameplay mechanics specifically, I assume?

It’d be difficult, but I’d like them to include a mode that involves your in-game friends in some way. As of now, there’s not too much incentive to have a lot of people on your friends list.

7 Likes

Ironically, the community seems to be much more alive and active than here. And they actually are holding on to their players, unlike here

1 Like

Yes, and how we can fix other issues in the game.

I think we need less of the same, and more different.
Heist is something different
Invasion is something different
Trials and Port are almost the same thing
Coli and Arena are almost the same thing

We need more modes like Heist and Invasion. I think what makes them good, is they are like a virtual board game, which is fun. You also have to do more different stuff then fighting stuff in those two modes.

8 Likes

What about an “endless” mode? Where each level is a randomly generated team and once you use certain units, you can’t use them again for the rest of your streak?

So somewhat like Coliseum, but more fledged out and not allowing you to see your upcoming opponents & decide your team until you beat the previous stage?

2 Likes

…like surge?

2 Likes

Interesting idea. I’ve been thinking of a idea also. What about specific themed events?

Like Invasion, but instead, it’s completely Toy Story themed, or Frozen themed, or Big Hero 6 themed, etc, and with that, you get special benefits for your characters of that franchise.

We know there are going to be some more benefits with the Yellow rank, so maybe with this idea, characters could be even more personalized maybe to your liking? :man_shrugging:

… Actually, that’s fair. I somehow completely forgot about that mode. :man_facepalming:

If I were to make an “endless” mode, it’d be like a nonstop onslaught of enemies, where you get higher rewards based on how long your team lasts.

Or maybe an endless city watch.

How to improved Disney Heroes huh? Well, let me see. Here me out here causr thise might blow your mind. You ready

Improvment

Fully-Voiced Characters!

1 Like

As cool as that would be, I imagine that might legitimately be a bit difficult and expensive for PB to implement.

2 Likes

That’s a interesting idea. Only problem with that is, you’ll have people not liking certain voices for characters. I could guarantee you hardly any of the official voices for the characters would reprise their roles and voicematching would be hard since there are some characters like Woody who are very hard to imitate voice wise.

Disney Infinity worked because it was a actual video game, mobile games usually do not have voice acting in them, or if they do, it’s usually minimal

…? You mean like using actual voice actors?

1. Too many characters
  2. Too expensive

Although it could be interesting to see since I know CR Kingdoms have VAs.

You have certain characters like Flynn Rider who have only ever been voiced by their original actor. Literally, Flynn has never been voiced by anyone other than Zachary Levi. And I do not think he would voice him for this.

It just wouldn’t work with a voicematch. I mean, some characters like Mickey, Donald, Olaf, etc, are easy to imitate but most are not.

Basically… yeah.

Licenced games and commercials for movies like The Incredibles usually have a different VA. But I think it’s a bit expensive for PB unless they gain profits after being purchased by EA

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney