How can DHBM be saved?

…no

(Or Genie)

Doesn’t Magic Kingdoms have voices?

It is an idea… but yeah it would not make sense to do.

I think saving the game in this way is hard to do because everyone has different reasons for playing the game. You have to be aware of the audience as a whole when creating content, especially new stuff. Mickey’s Ten Commandments #1: Know Your Audience. Yes, they actually exist. Marty Sklar created them.

3 Likes

Yes. Unless you were doing more of a Will Smith inspired version, who is easy to imitate usually.

But for the respect of Robin Williams, I would not accept it. He is the only true Genie imo.

1 Like

Also… DH:BM doesn’t really have a lot of places where full-blown voice acting would be super appropriate anyways, since most characters don’t even actually speak.

Written Content is not really an issue since it got REMOVED BY PB FOR THE FRIENDSHIP REFRESH. The friendship mission updates expanded the friendships so well IDK why they had to be all removed.

What about the occasional conversation in the regular campaign and in the friendship stuff?

I am not just talking written content though

1 Like

Oh, whoops.

What were you talking about then?

I guess the friendship campaigns or the regular campaign would fit it. But yes, you have a point.

Content as a whole my friend :slight_smile:

I don’t think @Imagineer_V was talking about text. What she might mean is that fixing the game would be different for different kinds of players who demand different things from the game.

Edit: @Kira has a great topic on this idea. I’m going to try to find it

Edit 2: Found it:

2 Likes

Ah, ok.

Because the visuals and music shouldn’t saving this game.

1 Like

And yes, they do. Some of which I believe are even voiced by their actual VA’s, like Mickey being voiced by Bret Iwan. Overall though, @Mister_Toon it is a fun idea but you know, just not sure it could really save the game. And it has some issues that would need to be ironed out.

I think we’re all getting off topic here.

So I’ll ask y’all a question:

Is it possible to introduce new gameplay mechanics?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

This doesn’t count for new heroes/debuffs

Exactly.

People who are here for the story want more story.

People who are here for the Disney characters want their favorites in game.

People who are gamers are there for the fighting aspect.

The list goes on and on and you have to think of everyone. Kind of like how lands in Disney parks are carefully articulated and designed for every type of demographic.

6 Likes

It also depends on how the voices are used…

I honestly agree with this. For a game like this, it’s very easy for people to have wildly different priorities depending on things like what characters they like/want to invest in, how competitive they want to be, how much they may want to spend on this game (if any), etc.

There are obviously ways that the game can be improved for everyone, but even so, not every update or improvement is always going to be meant for everyone.

5 Likes

How about a creep dummy? You can only choose 1 character to test things, like Scar for example to see how much damage does it take depending on the level

Imitateing wouldn’t be too hard. There are alot of people who can do some of them.

Jim Cummings- King Louie/Pooh/Tigger/Darkwing

Dan Cantellantela or Jim Meskiman- Genie (honestly i like Dan better)

Jeff Bennett- Merlin

To name a few.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney